View Poll Results: How Many Medals Do you think Australia will win at the Commonwealth Games?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100 or more: C'mon we really are Number 1 here no one else has a chance

4 30.77%
  • 80-100: There is no competition but there are still individuals that can beat us

6 46.15%
  • 60-80: We are a chance of getting a swag, but we won't win them all

2 15.38%
  • 50-60: Lets be realistic and respect other nations who could beat us

0 0%
  • Less than 50: What is this just another Australian pride parade, get serious here

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Titan Club Captain

Lol there's a nz gymnist in our team, who's 14....omg..i was good at gymnastics..if it wasnt for assholes that ****ed my toes i coulda been good!!!!...i coulda been at the commenwealth games now!!!!!!!! lmfao..na seriously tho...14 years old...im 14..and wat am i doing lol

Titan Club Captain

That erika girls brings me back memories of mr nigel avery or however u spell his last name

only cos they both do/did weight lifting

That is true.. and I like the prospects of your gymnnast there Kim... very good and will do well..

Oh its Games time.. I am off to watch them now..

Titan Club Captain

They're on over here now

i only really take notice of the sevens ..well for now

Titan Club Captain

Default Woohoo Kiwi Pride

16/03/2006
    Marcus Forbes
    Kiwi swimmer Moss Burmester left the men's 200 metres Butterfly field in his wake in Melbourne on Thursday night.

Burmester stormed to victory and the Commonwealth Games title at the Melbourne Aquatic centre in a Games record time of 1.56.64.

He joins the likes of fellow Kiwis Anthony Mosse, Danyon Loader and Dave Gerrard in the Commonwealth record books for the event.

"I'm over the moon," Burmester said.

"I'm absolutely stoked, it's unbelievable I don't know what to say."

The former Bay of Plenty swimmer who trains under New Zealand coach Jan Cameron in Auckland now made his intentions known from the beginning.

He made a quick start and was under the world record slpit through the first 50 metres.

But it was in the second half of the race that Burmester showed what he is made of.

He turned with the field close after the first 100 metres but powered away to take a full body length lead at the finish.

Burmester admitted the support he received from the Kiwi crowd in melbourne including his parents really helped.

"Having the Kiwis there definitely helped," he said.

Fellow Kiwi Andrew McMillan finished fifth in the final in a time of 2.00.61.

Meanwhile Helen Norfolk has finished fifth in the final of the women's 200 metres Individual Medley.

Norfolk was well off the pace which was set by Australians Stephanie Rice, Brooke Hansen and Lara Carroll who collected gold, silver and bronze.
    man im feeling the love for the kiwis right now man :roll:
    im soo happy...GO MOSS :hi:

Congrats to NZ... I loved the Haka done there.. very cool IMO..

OMG.. GO AUSTRALIA GO AUSTRALIA GO AUSTRALIA..

- An Australian Trifecta in the Swimming with Stephanie Rice, Brooke Hanson and Lara Carroll scoring Gold, Silver and Bronze in the Womens individual 200m Medley..

- Ben Kersten winning against all odds and getting Gold in the Cycling 1km Time Trial, the last time the race is ever going to be run in a major comp...

- The Meares Sisters, Anna getting Gold and sister Kerrie getting Bronze in the Time Trial...

- Travis Nederpelt and Joshua Krogh getting Silver and Bronze in the Swimming and Libby Lenton getting Silver in her first attempt at the 200m freestyle..

- The Men featuring Ashley Callus, Michael Klim, Brett Hawke and Eamon Sullivan got Silver and almost Gold against the World champion South Africans..

GO AUSTRALIA, and this is only day one... there is plenty more to come..
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 16-03-06 at 09:27 PM.

Australia were narrowly beat by the Poms 14-12 in the Rugby 7's. We needed a conversion after the hooter to tie it up, but it missed

Yeah I know.. but we performed well and it was a group match.. we showed that even with 2 players in the sin bin we can perform against the best.. it puts us in good stead for tomorrow..

Well done to our Mens Gymnastics Team... Silver Medals in the Teams Rotation...

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    I watched a bit of the ceremony last night....and i just have to ask, was the guy that planned it on acid or some type of other drugs?

Also what is with every Australian event we have to have a kid flying around in the air..
    If only the tram had hit the queen that would have been gold

AUSTRALIA HAS WON IN THE SHOOTING... CONGRATS TO OUR BOYS AND WELL DONE..

from news.ninemsn.com.au

Aussies win gold in 50m pistol pairs
    Friday Mar 17 11:37 AEDT

Australia has produced a storming finish to clinch gold in the men's 50m pistol pairs at the Commonwealth Games.

Daniel Repacholi and David Moore edged out India by four shots, with England taking the bronze medal a further four shots back.

Trailing midway though the best of six rounds series, Repacholi, from Victoria and Moore, from New South Wales, fired strongly over the closing rounds to seal gold at the Melbourne International Shooting Club.

Repacholi, 23, scored an individual total of 549 points and Moore compiled 537 for Australia's total of 1,086.

It was Repacholi's Commonwealth Games debut while Moore took his fourth medal following three silvers at Manchester in 2002 and Kuala Lumpur in 1998.

?AAP 2006

Titan CEO

With all the shootings over america you would think the would be certs for the gold medal.

LOL they would... but sadly the USA is not a commonwealth country... as for the islands.. they are too laid back to do something like that...

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    LOL they would... but sadly the USA is not a commonwealth country... as for the islands.. they are too laid back to do something like that...
    Yeah but even at the olympics they suck.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Congrats to NZ... I loved the Haka done there.. very cool IMO..
    Yeh twas cool, but no one does it like the all blacks imo... :happy:

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

oh damn i voted 80-100 because i thought it was for gold medals.

as for any medals, we're expected to get around 200 so this poll is kinda off