Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

good couple of wins, but the tigers are a VERY different team to the one that beat storm twice.

they have won 2 from last 10 matches. that's awful in anyones language.

Take the win, and appreciate the improvement we are seeing in our teams consistency but don't base it on anything to do with the tigers being a solid team.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 01-07-18 at 06:39 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Great win. A shame the Broncos game will be ruined by Origin blokes missing. Rather beat their full side like earlier in the year.
    Looks like DCE is back in Origin so we'll have Ash I guess.
    With Inglis/Ponga out we might lose Copley or Lee.
    Definitely won’t have Arrow.
    With Napa injured Wallace might get a reprieve.
    And wait and see on whether it’s Taylor or DCE.
    Could have quite a few out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    that’s the thing rj62
    Beating the Drongoes is extremely precious to many Titans fans
    They are the only club and supporter group that actively try to stop us from even existing
    Exactly why I’d like our best possible on the park. I think we’ll only be missing Arrow, not sure Wallace will get another run.

I. Just. Want. To. Beat. Brisbane.

Was a good game to watch and....

fk the Broncos
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Was a good game to watch and....

fk the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    good couple of wins, but the tigers are a VERY different team to the one that beat storm twice.

they have won 2 from last 10 matches. that's awful in anyones language.

Take the win, and appreciate the improvement we are seeing in our teams consistency but don't base it on anything to do with the tigers being a solid team.
    No Benji and No Matulino. Every other player was available for selection. Not my fault the coach messed his team up. I'd like to start believing that the Titans can win a game rather than the opposition losing it.

If DCE gets the nod and plays origin I'll be getting plenty of sleep that night because there is no way I'll be watching.

Terrific news on the return of DCE, he's been in ok to terrific form for a long time now. He wont have to meld into a Smith/cronk/slater circle. Hunt is a future gun origin hooker and if the Maroons bring Taylor in for the experience then they have a great foundation to keep the blues honest for a long time.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Moderator/s: how about a Titans v Drongoes thread?
    I want to start talking about it already.

Moderator/s: how about a Titans v Drongoes thread?
    I want to start talking about it already.
    Done. If I ever don't do it, feel free to start one.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...458#post384458
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I was getting updates of today’s game while monitoring the Forum and must point out that the tone in here changed dramatically once we got in front ... lololol ... and don’t ever change.

Now that I’ve watched the game I only have this to say: we beat them fair and square. What’s more, the Farah return kept them in it. Great win!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans catch Tigers by tail
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

A DERBY clash with the Broncos next weekend will make or break the Gold Coast’s season, after the Titans yesterday spoiled a Wests Tigers party with a 30-12 win at a packed Leichhardt Oval to keep their finals hopes alive.

The Titans have joined the Tigers and Raiders on 14 points in a chasing pack three wins adrift of the eighthplaced Broncos on 20 points.

Gold Coast host Brisbane at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday and the result could finalise the top eight two months out from the finals.

If the Titans win it will keep the chasing pack within touching distance of the Broncos. But a Brisbane win would increase their buffer, even though Brisbane do have a tough run home.

In Gold Coast’s favour is the fact they have already beaten Brisbane this season – a 26-14 boilover at Suncorp Stadium in Round 4 – and both teams will be understrength without their State of Origin stars.

But unlike the last time they played Brisbane, the Titans will this time at least carry some encouraging form into the local derby.

The win over the Tigers yesterday gave the Titans back-to-back wins for just the second time this season, following their win over the Bulldogs in Round 15.

Yesterday’s win over the Tigers was the more meritorious of the two, with the Tigers faithful packed in to Leichhardt yesterday to celebrate the return of Robbie Farah and the arrival of Moses Mbye after mid-season transfers.

Three times Farah broke into the backfield with the game there for the taking. He finished the afternoon with three tackle busts, two offloads and a try assist.

Mbye also impressed with a team-high 158m and six tackle busts, but it wasn’t enough as a gritty Titans outfit went toe-to-toe before coming through in the clutch.

Titans forward Jai Arrow, who was arguably his team’s best, sealed the win with a 78th minute try.

Asked whether he could feel some momentum building in their season, Titans coach Garth Brennan said: “I’m not sure so much momentum. Probably a bit of belief ... believing that they can win and they’re good enough to come up with the right results.”

Brennan, in his first season as an NRL coach, insists his side are showing genuine signs of improvement after losing seven of nine games before the win over the Dogs.

“I said at the start of the year, we’ll be a better team at the back end of the year than we were going to be at the start of the year and that’s starting to come together,” Brennan said.

“They’re working hard, starting to trust each other, believe in each other and believe in the process that I’ve brought in.”

Brennan got plenty of key contributions against the Tigers, but his Queensland State of Origin pairing of Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow were immense with a combined 365 metres.

Wallace’s effort comes after being criticised for his performances in the opening two Origin games.

“I thought Jarrod was strong today. He carried the ball strong and that’s my game plan for Jarrod. To carry the ball, take the metres and he’s got a pass in him as well,” Brennan said.

“Whether he stuck to the plan that (Maroons coach Kevin Walters) wanted him to do or not, I don’t know. You’d have to ask Kevvie that.

“But the job that Jarrod did for me today was enormous. I’m sure he’ll do the job if given another opportunity.”

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Given it was totally chockers with Wests fans it must’ve been sweet to come away with the chocolates
    It was absolutely beautiful to get the W in that jam packed crowd, I am just happy tigers supporters are polite ...if that was a doggies crowd I would have been getting out of there straight after the game lol

It was good seeing a few titans supporters out, and them all congratulating each other. Slowly getting more and more fans, great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No Benji and No Matulino. Every other player was available for selection. Not my fault the coach messed his team up. I'd like to start believing that the Titans can win a game rather than the opposition losing it.

If DCE gets the nod and plays origin I'll be getting plenty of sleep that night because there is no way I'll be watching.
    i didn't mean their roster or selected team is different as much as their attitude and performance not resembling the team from earlier in season.

not your fault he changed the team of course, but a cursory glance at ladder in last 2 months would show tigers on the slide and for us not to get too carried away.

anyways, i'm happy Knights, Tigers, Manly and some teams seem to be going backwards while we are improving. thats the best encouragement of all. Tigers were heralded as a complete rebuild and Ivan a genius, while Gareth has struggled apparently, but here we are even or so with all the running ahead of us.

happy days

Cool beans. I just hate it (like everyone) when news articles apply the mentality that the opposition lost for us to win. Although, today at work I'm getting a lot of "Titans played well" comments which makes you puff your chest out a bit more.

Honestly didn't realise the Tigers had slid as much until it was pointed out yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    anyways, i'm happy Knights, Tigers, Manly and some teams seem to be going backwards while we are improving. thats the best encouragement of all.
    Agree, good point. Dogs too. They seem to be in huge trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Cool beans. I just hate it (like everyone) when news articles apply the mentality that the opposition lost for us to win.
    We always have suffered that, that's true.

It's amazing how much a win can make you feel good on the weekend and Monday. That is what it's about.