Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JT's last game

Default JT's last game

I was just reading an article and it seems that Thurston's last game will be in the last round at CBus. Apparently the Titans are working on plans to give him a suitable send off bearing in mind his last game will be away from Townsville and the Cows will not be playing finals.
    I hope the Titans make it a special day and we can all farewell the champ that he is.

Absolutely. Hopefully we offer Thursto a worthy rugby league send off. Well done to see the Titans working with the Cowboys and I assume the NRL to make it happen.

If one of our future club legends was saying goodbye to the game, but their last game was an away game, we'd all appreciate the hospitality of that club looking after the occasion.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It should be a memorable round, expect a full house.

I don't have any idea whether there is any basis to this story and there is nothing in this article to indicate that it has legs, but if they move it I would be furious. The Broncs game has been wrecked by Origin and this is likely to be the one decent atmosphere at a game we have left. As I said, I can't see how this story developed but if they are floating it to see public reaction, well my reaction is get farked.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby...Zv&ocid=iefvrt

Inactive User

^^^ how ridiculous
    If you are a member and don’t like it then I suggest you email the club and ask them to immediately refute this rumour.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 04-07-18 at 06:10 PM.

It'd be wrong to move it. Parker is right. JT even got a testimonial game at Lang Park.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

So I emailed the club a few days ago about this. No response. I have to say that is a bit unusual to not get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So I emailed the club a few days ago about this. No response. I have to say that is a bit unusual to not get one.
    Titans need to rebuke this right now for the fans sake and I doubt it would happen but if it does then they put their supporter base back to square 1! It is absolutely ridiculous for this to even be discussed. We lost enough CBus home games as it was, I for one will be fuming if it was to happen. Maybe to the point of not renewing and just popping in to the occasional game. Are you listening Chris (I know you take a look every now and then..)

........Hey Bayside when is your next meeting? ...Can you raise this as a priority at the next forum please mate.

Inactive User

^^^ they still haven’t replied to ME shamus and that is very unusual for the efficient and patient workers in the membership dept. It makes me wonder.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 07-07-18 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ they still haven’t replied to be shamus and that is very unusual for the efficient and patient workers in the membership dept. It makes me wonder.
    Surely they wouldn't support moving this game. If so the owners would getting a big monetary incentive to move the game and I would be disappointed if that happened. If that's the loyalty shown by owners then I'm like Shamus and would have to question whether I'd renew.
    Of course there may be absolutely nothing to this which I hope is the case. Tomorrows game and crowd has been ruined by the Origin game and JT's last game would be a real event just to be at if done properly.

Inactive User

Once again the club has not replied to me to refute the moving of the game rumour.
    I tell you I’m as passionate as I get BUT after moving games for the Comm Games this year if they then do this I will realise they don’t give a stuff about members and building fans they only care about short term $$$$$ making.

It won't happen Bodsie.....Way too late now. Only 7 weeks to go so there would be hundreds of Cowboys fans already purchased flights/accomodation etc to witness his last game.

I'm pretty sure I just heard on the radio that the request has been knocked back. Caught the end of it.

Inactive User

Yep it’s in the CM too with quotes from Annesley. I’m glad it’s been knocked on the head and the Members have been put first. Also I’m very glad we weren’t the ones that set a precedent of individuals being above the game. We can undoubtedly can put on a great show for him I’m sure.

First Grader

If titans market this well they could quiet easily sell the stadium out