Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 103
  1. #61

    Default

    Hipgrave having a shocker

    - - - Updated - - -

    No one can doubt his aggression or heart but my god he does some dumb things

  2. #62
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Hipgrave having a shocker
    There is another example.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  3. #63
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Called forward when we were on the roll.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  4. #64
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Here we go, getting screwed. That should be our ball, was off Jennings... 40 seconds left.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  5. #65
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Dire spectacle.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  6. #66
    One Clubman gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    We got screwed.

  7. #67

    Default

    Cronulla can have Hipgrave if that's what he is going to dish up. disgusting, selfish, embarrassing performance from him letting down James, Wallace and Arrow who were backing up or working their ass off trying to cover the injuries. he can gtfo.

    I'm glad Brimson appears like he can tackle better than LG, but it doesn't change the fact he was main culprit of two tries from Souths, and couldn't set up a try when we needed it if his life depended on it. Last 20 minutes and he is kicking on 3rd or passing speculator balls in traffic at warp speed on tackle 1 or 2....if LG plays we find a try at the end there somehow and he wouldn't have been any worse defensively.

    On a brighter note, Sami transformed into a Cotric clone tonight and was incredibly busy - his best game since round 3.

    James, Wallace and Arrow - Take a bow. you got shafted by your team mates and the ref tonight. none of those 3 deserved to lose that game

  8. #68
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Cronulla can have Hipgrave if that's what he is going to dish up. disgusting, selfish, embarrassing performance from him letting down James, Wallace and Arrow who were backing up or working their ass off trying to cover the injuries. he can gtfo.

    I'm glad Brimson appears like he can tackle better than LG, but it doesn't change the fact he was main culprit of two tries from Souths, and couldn't set up a try when we needed it if his life depended on it. Last 20 minutes and he is kicking on 3rd or passing speculator balls in traffic at warp speed on tackle 1 or 2....if LG plays we find a try at the end there somehow and he wouldn't have been any worse defensively.

    On a brighter note, Sami transformed into a Cotric clone tonight and was incredibly busy - his best game since round 3.

    James, Wallace and Arrow - Take a bow. you got shafted by your team mates and the ref tonight. none of those 3 deserved to lose that game
    Excellent summary.

    And after all that, Souths were very lucky to get away with the 2 points. 13-4 penalties. Titans down to 12 men for 20 mins. And not sure how many we lost on the bench. At least a couple?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  9. #69
    One Clubman gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Yeah I'm done with Hipgrave. He's never going to learn.

  10. #70
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,102

    Default

    Rabbitohs beat Titans minus their Origin stars
    Neil Cadigan http://www.nrl.com

    A depleted South Sydney still had enough to register their 10th win of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season, beating a courageous Gold Coast 18-16 on Friday night.

    The Rabbitohs were without their four Origin stars for a second week in a row. It didn't matter last week as they beat Cronulla 22-14.

    But this time they had a fight on their hands as the Titans threw everything at Souths in the final 10 minutes.

    Ryan James scored the first of his two tries just before halftime locked up scores 10-10. Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor just missed with a field goal attempt seconds from the siren for the break.

    It was two tries apiece for the opening 40 minutes but both sides had a try disallowed by the bunker – Sam Burgess was denied in his 150th NRL game for obstruction, while Dale Copley collided with teammate Keegan Hipgrave to fumble the grounding.

    Hipgrave had disciplinary issues for the rest of the game, twice put in the sin-bin twice by referee Grant Atkins.

    But in the end, the difference was in Adam Reynolds' goalkicking as it ended up three tries each.

    Hooker Damien Cook, skipper Greg Inglis, second rower Angus Crichton and centre Dane Gagai were all rested after Wednesday night's game at the MCG. They should be back for Parramatta next Thursday.

    But both Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow backed up for the Titans. They now travel to Belmore Oval for the Bulldogs.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  11. #71
    One Clubman gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Rabbitohs beat Titans minus their Origin stars
    Neil Cadigan http://www.nrl.com

    A depleted South Sydney still had enough to register their 10th win of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season, beating a courageous Gold Coast 18-16 on Friday night.

    The Rabbitohs were without their four Origin stars for a second week in a row. It didn't matter last week as they beat Cronulla 22-14.

    But this time they had a fight on their hands as the Titans threw everything at Souths in the final 10 minutes.

    Ryan James scored the first of his two tries just before halftime locked up scores 10-10. Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor just missed with a field goal attempt seconds from the siren for the break.

    It was two tries apiece for the opening 40 minutes but both sides had a try disallowed by the bunker – Sam Burgess was denied in his 150th NRL game for obstruction, while Dale Copley collided with teammate Keegan Hipgrave to fumble the grounding.

    Hipgrave had disciplinary issues for the rest of the game, twice put in the sin-bin twice by referee Grant Atkins.

    But in the end, the difference was in Adam Reynolds' goalkicking as it ended up three tries each.

    Hooker Damien Cook, skipper Greg Inglis, second rower Angus Crichton and centre Dane Gagai were all rested after Wednesday night's game at the MCG. They should be back for Parramatta next Thursday.

    But both Jarrod Wallace and Jai Arrow backed up for the Titans. They now travel to Belmore Oval for the Bulldogs.
    Interesting, no mention of the penalty count.

  12. #72
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    All I can say is I sprayed the referees epically as they walked off and I called out to Brennan that we were robbed and he should blow up
    So angry and it’s bloody wet
    Will read comments when I get home

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Excellent summary.

    And after all that, Souths were very lucky to get away with the 2 points. 13-4 penalties. Titans down to 12 men for 20 mins. And not sure how many we lost on the bench. At least a couple?
    Souths wanted us to win more than the refs or most of our players. Souths couldn't have done more to gift us that game and we were not interested in thinking out and executing any type of play at all.

    that was horrific and painful to watch as some of the Cartwright years.

  14. #74

    Default

    Royally screwed at the end there with 2 dud calls. But geez Hipgrave played so stupidly, had a terrible night. He needs to use his aggression for good but instead it turns into errors and penalties galore. Our penalties especially on the last tackle kill us and piggy back teams upfield. Need to cut them out. Really we are lucky that the Bunnies were poor and dropped the ball about 50 times otherwise they were carving us and looked like scoring every set on our line. Our defence especially on the edges went back to normal, absolutely terrible. I know Souths are a top side even without their stars but pisses you off when the boys are so close and blow a very winnable game. Hard to watch.

  15. #75
    One Clubman gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    They're showing Hipgrave on 9 in the change rooms. Looks absolutely shattered. Maybe he learns from this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew