Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Gagai and Inglis out

I think Cook is cooked too. Ribs.

First Grader

Coming back riding a camel from Saudi to my first home game notwithstanding season membership. Hopefully it doesn’t break a hoof and I have the wind behind me as I get into Brissie at 6.00pm
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 08-06-18 at 12:10 AM.

Looks like Crichton and Cook are being rested too.

How we feelin abou the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Looks like Crichton and Cook are being rested too.

How we feelin abou the game.
    Good. Won't really mean anything playing against a depleted team though.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    A win is a win and it comes with 2 points.

It certainly does but there are no excuses for a loss now. I think I heard Brennan on the news last night saying it was our strongest team in his eyes so nothing but a win will be good enough.

2 points is worthless when we aren't making the 8 anyway.

2 points is worthless when we aren't making the 8 anyway.
    I'm sure it's fine if our team loses the rest of the games this year because hey we're no chance anyway right? Great mentality. As many wins as possible should be our goal to finish as high as possible.

Tough game this one even with their outs, we will have to play for the full 80 which is something we haven't done much this year. Also big game for the forwards and they have to step up against the likes of Burgess x 3, Sutton and Murray. But hopefully we can put in a good performance and be in the winners circle this week.

Inactive User

Whenever a Gold Coast team win anything it’s cause to party like its 1999 and to drink till you spew
    Fire Up Brother

Ill take the two points to lift us out of the bottom area of the table. Thank god the NRL doesn't have relegation.

I think this sets the stage for a game about us, no excuses and let's see what we are made of.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

HEAT IS ON ENGINE ROOM AFTER OPENING FLOP

PETER BADEL http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

QUEENSLAND coach Kevin Walters has warned his misfiring forward pack to “get their **** into gear” as chief enforcer Dylan Napa conceded he failed to counter NSW’s front-row firebrands.

Walters was left to lament an MCG midfield mauling which saw NSW’s starting forwards storm for 615 metres – 190 metres more than the dismal output of Queensland’s pack (425 metres) in the 22-12 Origin I defeat.

Maroons prop Jarrod Wallace was barely sighted, making just 43 metres, while Napa missed five tackles and tallied just 84 metres as NSW forwards Boyd Cordner (161 metres) and David Klemmer (134 metres) ran riot.

Wallace is in danger of being axed in favour of Cowboys stalwart Matt Scott for Origin II, with Walters admitting lock Josh McGuire, Queensland’s best forward, was let down by his cohorts.

“They (Queensland forwards) need to get their **** into gear,” Walters said.

“Josh was outstanding for me. He was basically our only forward to make 100 metres and our other forwards have 100-metre efforts in them, but they need to show me that.

“Jarrod is disappointed with what happened. He didn’t have the greatest of nights.

“In his second stint we just had to get Coen (Hess) back on the field, we were chasing points and Coen can jag a try from close to the tryline.

“But we just couldn’t get near the line for Coen to be effective in that area.

“NSW have set a good standard. They deserved their win, they were the better team, so now I need to challenge our guys to lift a level.”

Asked if Wallace will be retained for Origin II, Walters gave no guarantees, saying the Titans prop needed to make a statement at NRL level over the next fortnight.

“Jarrod needs to pull his head up and get going,” he said.

“He was good for us last year and I expect him to be better for Game Two. In saying that, he has to be fit and playing at the level where we know he can (to be picked).

“I still have a lot of faith in our two young front-rowers.”

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

James vows to use Origin snub as motivation
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

RYAN James has spoken of his devastation following Brad Fittler’s Blues backflip as Titans coach Garth Brennan challenged his captain to dominate the Burgess brothers.

James, 26, will confront South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium tonight with a point to prove following his heartbreaking Origin snub.
    The prop was selected in an extended NSW squad, sent an itinerary and had packed his bags to head to Sydney to join his first Origin camp.

But a big performance by Bulldogs prop David Klemmer on the eve of selection saw Blues coach Fittler backflip on James’ selection.

Fittler called James to explain his decision and the Gold Coast skipper said he had been motivated by the embarrassing turn of events.
    “Freddy ended up giving me a call and telling me a couple of things I had to work on,” James said.

“I was obviously disappointed in what happened but in the next two weeks I will try to prove a point.

“I was devastated at the time but it was reassuring to get the phone call from him.

“There were still a couple of games to go and a couple of players ended up playing some pretty good footy and I got pushed out. You can’t dwell on it. There are a lot of worse things to happen in the world.

“It’s a long series. People have to go back to club games and get through injury-free.

“I need to be a bit more aggressive with line speed and making sure you’re winning your runs and play-the-balls, everything an Origin player requires.”

James will get no greater test than the Rabbitohs and their star forward pack.

The Burgess brothers – Sam, Tom and George – have been in sensational form.

Brennan said James had the ultimate opportunity to press his Origin claims against Souths’ powerful forward pack.

“If there was an injury, Ryan needs to be putting his best foot forward,” Brennan said.

“He was disappointed, but the call from Freddy really gave him the excitement and realisation he’s not far away from an Origin berth.”