Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Hipgrave isnt even as good as Bird is now who at 36 is still tough as fk, skillful and surprisingly very fit atm.

Ya got to spend money on outside backs next year or nothing changes.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

You can take the boy out of Nerang but you can’t take Nerang out of the boy. Could have, should have won that. Terrible effort as a team that was supposedly our strongest to field. Refs get away with absolute murder too. A disgrace all round. The two Rabbitohs tries in the first half were amongst the most embarrassing defensive efforts I have ever seen.

As Teke said, if we don’t start spending on the outside backs we are in trouble for next year. As for who? Well we may have left that a bit late.

Inactive User

Still incredibly angry this morning
    Whenever our outside backs back off defensively when the ball is being spread to their edge it always ends in a try or a break.
    Why?? Hold your line and take them on.
    And a 13-4 penalty count and 2 in the bin. That’s match fixing.
    Hopefully Atkins and the other officials have a nice flight back to Sydney with Souffs this morning.
    It’s very dissatisfying.
    We just do not get the rub off the referees. It never happens.
    Plus what’s going on with Coaching
    So many good players are going backwards.
    Coaching is meant to do the opposite.
    What a horrible season and morning in general.

Inactive User

Where in the world is Titan Pete?

I personally don’t have a problem with Hipgrave , I want him in our side. I want his aggression , we have lacked that since Bird. He had S Burgess number all night. Good to see Burgess congratulate him after the game. Sin bin 1 was last man in thing, just unlucky as it could have been anyone., sin bin 2 Was BS. binned for slamming the ball in frustration yet 5 minutes later G Burgess blows up at the ref and stay on the park. Consistent my ****.
    A number of poor decisions and that is now in the press and social media. Absolute BS. Garth was seething and refused to comment, probably not willing to part with $10k. Something has to happen when you have Johns, Lewis and Vautin saying they felt like getting up and leaving.

The try that their #6 scored is where we are at, ****ing appalling and embarrassing. They just stood back and watched and waited and boom, he scores. That made me cringe in my seat surrounded by cheering boorish Rabbit supporters. It’s the same old feeling of poor defence out wide, I just hold my breath hoping someone, anyone will effect a decent tackle. I felt the defence up the middle was solid against a much bigger pack.

2 points in it at the end and whilst a scrappy game from both sides don’t forget we bombed 2 tries. Sad fact is we didn’t not did we get that elusive 2 points. As ****ty as the game was, we competed and we didn’t get thumped.

The transient nature of the GC population was never more evident with the Bunny fans there last night. In droves and vocal. Titans fans seemingly short in numbers and we were quiet by comparison.

The PA system at the ground needs the echo removed, and volume increased , it’s simply atrocious. The announcer needs replacing.

Admin should take a trip to Townsville and listen to Minty run a game up there. He demands and gets involvement and the music is loud, timely and clear. Even ‘Kiss Cam’ at half time gets a laugh every time.

I’m not gutted from the result , I was almost expecting a 20 point belting. I’m disappointed in the standard and the continuing refereeing BS.

People losing faith in Garth should IMO, pull their head in and support him. What is he, 12 games in after taking over a train wreck and people are calling for his head? We should take a leaf from Newscastles fans book and get behind their team. Look at their past years history and yep, their coach is still there.

I guess we are just impatient and want results this year. I’ve been eyeballing holidays for 2019 for the past 6 months as I’ve always thought that is when we stand a chance of the eight. This year is rebuild of sorts , which is underway and evolving.

I’m standing by coach and team. **** the results.
    Last edited by rj62; 09-06-18 at 01:26 PM.

are you certain the second sin bin was for the backchat?

watching on TV the ref was explaining to Ryan James it was because he had already given a warning about penalties and next one goes in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I’ve been eyeballing holidays for 2019 for the past 6 months as I’ve always thought that is when we stand a chance of the eight.
    Book anytime in September. You'll be free then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

watching on TV the ref was explaining to Ryan James it was because he had already given a warning about penalties and next one goes in the bin.
    I'm pretty certain it was for the strip. It was the most blatant strip you could get and the fact that it was so obvious and that Hipgrave had paid no attention to the warnings. Just a dumb act.

Inactive User

I’ll throw in my own 2c on it, I think this referee Atkins is an exceptionally vain guy and when Hipgrave threw the ball his own vanity/ego couldn’t cope and his putting him in the bin was almost a reflex reaction.

Yep that’s how I saw it ... a penalty turned into a binning on the remonstrations ... ref dummy spit, pathetic!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Pretty sure that was for the first ..... if it was for the 2nd as well it’s crazy. Being at the game I was sharing my head as to why. On the face it appeared he slammed the ball and got marched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yep that’s how I saw it ... a penalty turned into a binning on the remonstrations ... ref dummy spit, pathetic!
    George Burgess gave the ref a mouthful 5 minutes later and nothing said . Total BS
    Last edited by rj62; 09-06-18 at 04:45 PM.

7F222EBC-91F2-499D-9260-BB5D1E094BE3.jpg

Man of the match Grant Atkins

2nd sin bin was for the strip two minutes after the warning. It was idiotic but so are the amount of binnings. George burgess went off but half his team came in and calmed him down and turned him around before it got too bad (probably because it was knocked out by Taylor).

We aren’t playing to the new refs the NRLhave invented this year. Add to that our stupid penalties and the 50/50that never goes our way and we get reffed out of the game. let’s not forget the two certain tries we bombed and the two they bombed. Sad fact is we should have won that game against that team that was on the field. We were terrible in defence again, pure and simple.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER