Default Motorsport: While you were sleeping..

Overnight, two of the world's most prestigious Motorsport events were run and won by a couple of Aussie's.

Daniel Ricciardo drove his crippled RedBull car to victory at the Monaco Grand Prix.

And Will Power lead the final four laps of the Indianapolis 500 to be the first ever Aussie to win the event.

Naturally, many here would have no interest in this news. Nevertheless, it's good to see Aussie's dominate on the world stage once again. Well done, Gentlemen.

I'm very interested in F1. My whole family is. I've attended an Adelaide GP and a couple Melbournes. I'd love to go to a Singapore GP one day. I grew up watching it in the early morning, even at Primary school. Still remember when Senna died. Was a passionate Ferrari fan during the 80s and early 90s when coming third was a cause to celebrate. Very much enjoyed the Schumacher years.

I'm really proud of Ricciardo.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Lucky bugger, Diehard. For years I wanted to get to a Grand Prix but it never eventuated. Admittedly though, once they went to V6 engines I've lost a bit of interests as they don't appear to that great sound that they use to have.

Enjoyed a few Indycar events on the Coast though as a few locals did back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Lucky bugger, Diehard. For years I wanted to get to a Grand Prix but it never eventuated. Admittedly though, once they went to V6 engines I've lost a bit of interests as they don't appear to that great sound that they use to have.

Enjoyed a few Indycar events on the Coast though as a few locals did back in the day.
    Yea I haven't been to one since the change. But ear plugs were a must.

I used to like to sit on a corner so the cars slow down and I get a good look or there is some drama with an accident or contact.

Ah... I really want to get back to one.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER