Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    You get 'chosen' to be on the Alliance team after you complete a small survey. Depending on your answers I assume will depend on whether you qualify...

I will be at the forum.
    Received an unsuccessful email for the Members Alliance citing a large number of applicants who will hold their positions for the initial 2 years.

Offered a members polo which I thought was a decent gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Received an unsuccessful email for the Members Alliance citing a large number of applicants who will hold their positions for the initial 2 years.

Hopefully the list is published and we can see how broad based and representative it is.

I agree, nice thing to do to give you a members polo.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Same......

Same
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So is anyone going tonight at all ?

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll be there now. Do we know what building it will be in at Griffith ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Now that I’m confronted by the reality of rushing home to do chores then rushing off to a drive to Southport and back and missing some footy and then another early start for work in the morning....I don’t think I can do it.

So if anyone could make some remarks later tonight that would be unreal
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 31-05-18 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    So is anyone going tonight at all ?

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll be there now. Do we know what building it will be in at Griffith ?

Hi mate..

Where: G26 Building, Griffith University Gold Coast, Parklands Drive Southport
    When: Thursday 31 May, 6:30pm
    Parking: Free parking is available in G13

I can't make it now..had a horror day so I am unwinding.

On a side note I replied to the 'you didn't get onto the members alliance team' with a question on who would be our representatives and the reply is as follows........

"We will be announcing the Gold Coast Titans Members Alliance representatives tonight at the Members Forum, which will most likely be included in Members Forum summary. Additionally, we will be creating a Gold Coast Titans Members Alliance page on our Membership Website for all members to peruse. However, this page most likely will be posted in a few weeks after we have our first meeting (so we can complete each representatives’ profile).

We have ensured that we have selected representatives to cover a broad assortment of membership types to allow for equal representation of our overall membership base."

So those going tonight please let us know the results.

Yep im here

Inactive User

Please please please someone make some remarks about the fan forum

Complete change of mood from the previous forum.

Good turn out. I went straight from work

Agreement reached regarding the stadium. Significantly better than What we currently have but they believe at the top end of what if fair commercial rates.
    A good outcome.
    Boutique plan B stadium in an idea being floated with excellent support from GCCC and especially the Mayor

Garth is fully committed to local talent including Keebra, Palm Beach and others. Recent signed 10 15 year olds, 8 of which made state rep sides.

He is also open to people attending training sessions (can someone tell me when they are? I’m guessing while I’m at work )

Parkwood association to continue and be enhanced.

Player involvement in community service is substantial and gets largely ignored by the GCB, though the question begs why isn’t the club smashing it out on social media itself? The players are renowned for volunteering for it as they get a lot out of it themselves.

Was reiterated by Daryl and Garth we have a no d1ckhead policy and we want people who are good ‘human beings’ on and off the field.

Business model devised by Daryl is now basically in place with all the cards finally falling into place and they now make it work.

Players victory lap was criticised by not going to certain parts of the field.

Question was raised how visiting club fans can have meet and greets with our players but we don’t get that opportunity . Personally I’d prefer they concentrated on winning football games rather than having to do that stuff but that’s just me.

Post match parties were tabled. Is a challenge given geography of the Gold Coast though not off the table. Club, especially Garth is open to suggestions.

I’ll think of more but that’s the first lot.

I remain very happy with The CEO and coach and the overall mood was very positive in comparison to the last forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, 100 applicants for the members alliance , 25 got selected ranging in age from 17 to 74 and membership from 3 to 12 years

Inactive User

A deal made on the stadium rj62
    That’s massive news

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    A deal made on the stadium rj62
    That’s massive news
    Yes mate it’s huge. They had no intention of moving games but had to make them think they would if they had too. As they said to consider moving the Donkeys game to stadium not owned by them would have been embarrassing. Push n they did and the only sensible result was negotiated.

I didn’t catch how long the contract was for and actually don’t think it was mentioned .

Another noticeable thing is the investment in local talent has now gone from $420k to $1.2m with immediate effect on the back of the deal.

Sounds like a wonderful evening. And we have come a long way in 12 months. I see green shoots growing.

Everything reported above seems good or at least reasonable. Some good discussion.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thanks rj62, great news on the stadium good to see them dig their heels in and get a result to favour the titans, sounds like it was a very positive forum and the club is definitely heading in the right direction

It seemed like the mood changed after Annesley explained the steps the club has been taking to get the stadium deal done and that there is a deal close to happening.

I didn’t get to the last Forum but this one seemed good and rj62 did a better job at summing up last night than I did telling my wife last night.

Rj62 where were you sitting?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady