Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Kind of weird to take our home game against the Broncos (which always draws a good crowd) to a smaller Brisbane stadium.
    Yeah, sorting of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Broncos always pull big numbers so possibly a rare game where Titans make a profit. You would think it would make sense to make it the week after against the less popular (fan base wise) Roosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    As part of a strategy to get a better long term deal at Robina Stadium I would be OK with - though not happy about - the team playing any number of the remaining home games from this season elsewhere. However, I wouldn’t be supporting, let alone a member of, a "Gold Coast" club if its home ground is not on the Gold Coast.
    This!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I offered up some local ideas some time back. But got laughed at for it, and here they are now looking at Redcliffe as a option.

Surely a temporary option could still be sorted, look who our primary sponsor is, surely they would be in the know who could supply temp grandstands, especially considering the recent Comm Games. I'm guessing someone is not trying hard enough to explore local options.

I’m guessing they are using any or all pressure they can to force change.
    The government will have a white elephant unless they compromise, so until people stop swinging their dicks and use some common. sense, I can’t blame the club for putting the pressure on.

Redcliffe won’t see me there though.

Prefer to see our sponsors throw up some scaffolding at Pizzey Park, even temporarily. Be a lot cheaper than $110k per home game

The idea of moving games so far away, especially a showpiece in the Broncos is dangerous. But it makes a statement. This is brinksmanship. But the stacks are high, our fragile membership base doesn't need such trauma.

The best thing we can do is start a campaign to hammer the State Government on this.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I offered up some local ideas some time back. But got laughed at for it, and here they are now looking at Redcliffe as a option.
    You were definitely ahead of the game in this thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Prefer to see our sponsors throw up some scaffolding at Pizzey Park, even temporarily. Be a lot cheaper than $110k per home game
    That'd be something all the locals can at least get behind. Roll your sleeves up type of material.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think the elephant in the room is the force to have another Brisbane team ... we all want a team on the Coast, the owners have committed to that and I'm not for one minute suggesting that this is on the table, however, if you were purely a business-motivated entity then the option to re-position the franchise in Brisbane would be tempting and Reddy would be attractive ... just saying.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the elephant in the room is the force to have another Brisbane team ... we all want a team on the Coast, the owners have committed to that and I'm not for one minute suggesting that this is on the table, however, if you were purely a business-motivated entity then the option to re-position the franchise in Brisbane would be tempting and Reddy would be attractive ... just saying.
    I guess like a South Queensland model?

The way I see it, and I am a Brisbane boy, the city already gets a taste with a double header involving the Storm, a Broncos away game and any big Finals matches. But we have never really dug in on this and developed a Brisbane fanbase, just watched it melt away.

My view is the Gold Coast needs the Titans and Brisbane is for new clubs. Yes I think we do eventually need a Northern club and a South/West club. Dolphins and Jets based perhaps.

If the Dolphins have NRL dreams they'd be right behind this.

The new facilities aren't bad but the other parts of the "stadium" are still concrete and grass with plenty of green ants.

We probably should have made this an issue during the last State Election, now the next one is Saturday 31 October 2020.

But the Gold Coast is an area that Labor want to grow their support in. And political parties do care about their current standing in statewide polling and seat polling.

Graham Annesley - Stadium Update
    https://www.titans.com.au/

CEO Graham Annesley has provided the following update in relation to the on-going stadium discussions.

Annesley is hopeful of a resolution in the near future but insists the club is looking for a reasonable commercial arrangement.

VIDEO LINK HERE

Dolphin Oval is not a realistic option, although I suppose as a one off to see if Stadiums Qld blink it might be worth it. I gather the club would have to refund members a portion of this years membership if they take a home game away as their commitment was for 10 home games this year. The price was discounted due to the two games taken away due to the Comm Games but there was no expectation any other games would be lost.
    The Qld Government really should hang their heads in shame over this. Trying to rip off sporting teams who are trying to play at venues we all paid for is a disgrace.

Inactive User

^^^ I’m trying to get some State Politicians to give a rats about it via email and I’m getting nothing.
    When I have a crack at any of them about the M1 I often get a phone call soon after, but with this stadium issue they don’t seem that interested