Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

I picked this tackle up in the second it happened because i thought to myself, did that fella just jump out of the way?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Cartwright and Koni have to go

So disappointing after an unexpected first half.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Bryce Cartwright lets James Tedesco run past him to set up a try

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...466a365465dc16
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in my life at any level of football other than maybe kids under the age of 9 who get scared when a kid much bigger than them comes charging at them and their heart isn’t in it.
    In the past I’ve gotten frustrated at defenders like Jordan Atkins or Tyrone Roberts or Kane Elgey who might get trampled OVER but at least those blokes put their body on the line!!!!

FRIG OFF out of our Gold Coast Cartwright you fraud.
    What the hell have you done Brennan.

Maybe someone should check Cartwright's TAB account.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Maybe someone should check Cartwright's TAB account.
    I can remember dogging it on a very cold frosty morning when this fella twice the size of me ran at me when I was 12 and I got sprayed at halftime and it haunts me to this day.
    I was a pretty average footy player (actually I was crap) but I never dogged it again.

This guy has done it twice now on coin that the rest of us can only ever dream of. We’ve taken him out of his miserable Western Sydney existence and he gives us embarrassing weak tripe.

I’m livid.

#sackCarty 2.0

I think Taylor’s sin binning was what hurt the most. Sin binning our playmaker for an accident was atrocious. Also there really needs to be some clarity around warnings and then giving a sin binning. Yesterday I think there were two or three sets of footy between the warning and the send off. How long does the warning last for? Because that really screwed us over and they score twice inthat 10 mins. NRL needs some consistency.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I think Taylor’s sin binning was what hurt the most.
    I agree. We really lost our way in that period. When Ash was marched I thought ok now it’s AJ’s time to shine. But as usual Cartwright got pushed into the primary playmaker role and just lacked any direction.

We can winge about the refs all we like but until we fix our defence nothing is going to change.
    If I was a team mate of Cartwright I would be blowing up delux about his lack of effort. If Brennan is not careful his coaching career may be forever tarnished by one selfish player. Boddsie was spot on when he said that at least guys like Elgey tried to tackle and put their body on the line.

what a tale of two halves.

First half we were the better team by a long long way. we seemed to have a clear game plan making metres up field and attacking their edge channels. we looked like a proper NRL team who knows how to compete.

That no try was a crock. I understand that he ran slightly behind his own player, but we weren't near the defensive line and no one was impeded in any way... not even blocking the defenders line of sight. Next time a fullback or someone crabs across field behind his own players and isn't pinged for it i'll blow up. luckily we scored shortly after but Refs showed their hand on that one.

Second half just turned to pot. it was very close until the Sin Bin, and we proved just like last week that we cant handle that adversity, whether he should have been sent or not. We aren't mature enough to deal with it and we need to toughen up. good teams manage that 10 minutes and most get away without giving up a try. Sin binning is here to stay so we need to learn how to mentally manage it.

Across the team... Ash was good early, still not playing good for anywhere near 80, and ANOTHER kick out on the full. surely he leads the NRL in that?

We played decently as a team in first half so it is hard to single anyone out besides maybe the usual suspects like Arrow, and second half most played like busted's.

Cartys effort on Teddy was laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. He actually had to jump step back slightly to make sure he didn't touch him. it would have taken less effort to accidentally touch Tedesco.... something is very wrong with this situation.

I think the mental attitude of the team combined with the youth means it is going to take some time to get where we need to go. I do trust we are building a squad, and i do think Garth is still learning who he can trust to deliver in the team. it probably wont look a lot better this year, but hopefully we can show glimpses before the year is out and have a hell of an off season to really knuckle down on what we stand for and come out next year like the tigers did this year, with effort as their barometer.

There isn't enough Mini GF's left to make the top 8 i don't think, so try to enjoy Arrow, MoFo, Brimo, Hipgrave and some of the young guys coming through this year as they make their way.

Inactive User

^^^ there’s been no mini GFs since round 8 against Cronulla. The focus has been completely different since then. Getting respect, development and consistency.
    Unfortunately it’s close to impossible there’s a likelihood of another mini GF.