Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 12: ROOSTERS vs TITANS (2018)

ROOSTERS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

And like any club hosting us, they don't wanna take us home, so we are playing at Central Coast Stadium.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I’m not expecting a win here but as long as there’s a genuine effort there, i’m happy enough. If the Roosters play anything like they did against the Broncos though, we could trouble them. The Roosters were woeful this week.

Roosters were woeful against the donkeys?

If that woeful rooster group turn up they might smoke the tits by 20
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I’m not expecting a win here but as long as there’s a genuine effort there, i’m happy enough. If the Roosters play anything like they did against the Broncos though, we could trouble them. The Roosters were woeful this week.
    Woeful? You are kidding. Had they just had a little bit of finish they would have won in a canter. They made heaps of mistakes but most of them were when they had the Broncos shredded.

roosters have had some great winsm and some funky games too.

Lets hop we meet them somewhere in the middle and keep our run going. would like to win at least one of these 2 games before the bye.

We are only 2 wins out of 6th or so, and considering our close game against Sharks and our insane injuries, youthful squad at times we are surprisingly not as far off it as it feels.

I like Brimson at 6 but he looks like a 1 to me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m firmly in the 6 camp on that one at this stage. The way Ash has come to life since he’s been paired with him works for me. He takes the line on and can tackle.

I want to see where this partnership goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I like the idea of Tyrone Peachey coming in there at 6, if our centres keep performing and if he gels well with Atay. With AJ being groomed for fullback from Mick over the 2nd half of 2019.

I’d prefer Peachey at 1, broken field play and injecting himself is where he is at. I do think he’s being shoe horned into that position at the moment.

I guess the NRL do their previews in their lunch breaks now..

Roosters v Titans: Round 12 preview
    http://www.nrl.com

Apparently last week's loss to the Broncos was harder for the Roosters to stomach than any other defeat this season – and so it should've been.

They led 22-16 with six minutes remaining and had controlled the game for the previous 15-20 minutes, only for the Broncos to snatch victory with two of the best solo tries of the season.

After that result they should be mad enough and hungry enough to return to the winner's circle this week.

Latrell Mitchell probably cemented a spot in the NSW Origin team with last week's dazzling display and will be looking for more of the same against the competition's worst defensive side.

The Titans eased the pressure slightly with last week's home win over Newcastle snapping a five-game losing streak. They are back on the road this week and will probably have to produce something special to conquer the star-studded Roosters.

Venue: Central Coast Stadium

Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 3pm at Central Coast Stadium

Head-to-head: Played 16; Roosters 8 wins, Titans 8 wins
    Matches at venue: Played 1; Titans 1 win
    2017 results: Roosters won 32-18 at Cbus Super Stadium in round 1; Roosters won 20-16 at Allianz Stadium in round 26
    Points per game: Roosters 19.5; Titans 18.5
    Points conceded per game: Roosters 15.3; Titans 26.6
    Televised: Live on Fox League
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-05-18 at 11:15 AM.

Junior

Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans, Saturday 3pm at Central Coast Stadium

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Dale Copley, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Max King, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Bryce Cartwright

Reserves: 18 Moeaki Fotuaika, 19 Konrad Hurrell, 20 Kane Elgey, 21 Morgan Boyle

Kevin Proctor's return from a groin strain pushes Ryan James to prop, Max King to the bench and Moeaki Fotuaika to the reserves.

Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Joseph Manu, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Mitchell Aubusson, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Siosiua Taukeiaho, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Dylan Napa, 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 12 Ryan Matterson, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 15 Zane Tetevano, 16 Kurt Baptiste, 17 Victor Radley

Reserves: 18 Nat Butcher, 19 Sitili Tupouniua, 20 Eloni Vunakece, 21 Mitchell Cornish

The Roosters are unchanged from last week's loss to Brisbane.

Inactive User

Those few mins by Mo just after halftime with his error and then binning should have cost us the game so I agree with him going back to QCup to reflect on that and build on his game now he’s had a taste of the big show.
    Cartwright showed enough to suggest an attitude change may have finally occurred so let’s see what he gives again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Those few mins by Mo just after halftime with his error and then binning should have cost us the game so I agree with him going back to QCup to reflect on that and build on his game now he’s had a taste of the big show.
    Cartwright showed enough to suggest an attitude change may have finally occurred so let’s see what he gives again this week.
    Only thing I'll say is that Cartwright still hasn't really been threatened with being dropped. Last week it was obvious what was going to happen so Brennan kept the fans happy by dropping him to 18. This week he's named at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    tend to agree

If Carty fails to perform again then i'd expect him to be dropped. I hope he takes some confidence from his stint on the weekend, being rewarded with a spot in the 17 this week, and continues to build.

Big ask to throw an 18 year old front rower in NRL football week after week anyway. I think Mo was always going to be in and out regardless of form and i'm sure he knows that