Default Denver Test: KIWIS vs ENGLAND

New Zealand Kiwis vs England
    23 June 2018, Mile High Stadium

Tickets: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/rugby-...005461EBFE4F1E
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm going to buy a ticket to this in solidarity.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Not long until this game. Hopefully they both field strong squads.

BBC is going to cover it and Fox Sports in Australia.

I actually bought a ticket to support the game, but obviously can't go. I'm hoping for a respectable crowd, even with all the backbiting by NRL, NRL clubs and RLPA.

THREE UNCAPPED PLAYERS SELECTED FOR NEW ZEALAND TEST
    http://www.rugby-league.com/

England head coach Wayne Bennett has selected his 19-man squad to take on New Zealand later this month and has included the uncapped trio of Hull FC’s Jake Connor and St Helens’ Luke Thompson and Tommy Makinson for the mid-season Test in Denver, Colorado.

Connor, who has shown sparkling form for Hull FC this year, was called up to the England Knights Performance Squad in March and has impressed the England coaching staff enough to earn his place in the senior squad for the trip to the United States.

St Helens prop Luke Thompson was also named in the Knights Squad at the start of the year and has been one of the in-form front-rowers in the Betfred Super League leading to his first call up to the senior England squad. Thompson’s teammate, Tommy Makinson will also be hoping for his first senior international cap and is one of five St Helens players travelling to Denver to take on the Kiwis.

St Helen’s lead the way with five of the thirteen Super League based players selected, with Wigan Warriors providing three of the squad as Sean O’Loughlin, John Bateman and George Williams all take their place in the final 19 man squad.

The squad also includes a recall for South Sydney Rabbitohs George Burgess, who will once again join his brothers Sam and Thomas in the senior squad, after missing out on selection for the 2017 World Cup. The Burgess brothers are three of six players joining up from the NRL and will be joined by James Graham, Elliott Whitehead and Gareth Widdop, who all played in England’s narrow World Cup Final loss to Australia last year.

Commenting on the squad, England head coach Wayne Bennett said: “I have selected a strong squad that I believe has the ability and talent to beat New Zealand in Denver. The game is going to be a tough one but we will go into it with confidence.

“We have been impressed with all the players this season and the three uncapped players deserve their call ups after showing their talent and determination both on and off the field. We have always been clear that the door to the senior squad is open to any player showing the form to be selected. The squad has a real mix of experience and youth and that will prove important during our time in Denver.

“Playing a mid-season test against Samoa last year proved invaluable and I’m sure this will be the same. It gives the team a chance to spend time together and me and my coaching staff to see how they perform together against one of the best teams in the World ahead of the International Test Series in the Autumn.”

England v New Zealand will be played at the Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver on Saturday June 23 (Kick off: 21.10pm BST) and fans in the UK can watch live from 9pm on BBC Two.

ENGLAND SQUAD FOR THE TEST MATCH AGAINST NEW ZEALAND (PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY CLUB SHOWN):
    John Bateman (Wigan Warriors, Bradford Dudley Hill)

George Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Sam Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Thomas Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)

Jake Connor (Hull FC, Siddal)

James Graham (St George Illawarra Dragons, Blackbrook)

Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos, Oulton Raiders)

Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves, New Springs Lions)

Jonny Lomax (St Helens, Orrell St James)

Tommy Makinson (St Helens, Wigan St Judes)

Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants, Deighton Juniors)

Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks)

Mark Percival (St Helens, Halton Farnworth Hornets)

Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves, Wigan St Patricks)

James Roby (St Helens, Blackbrook)

Luke Thompson (St Helens, Bold Miners)

Gareth Widdop (St George Illawarra Dragons, Kings Cross)

George Williams (Wigan Warriors, St Patricks)

Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders, West Bowling)

Kiwis unveil an understrength Test side for Denver
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/

New Zealand coach Michael *Maguire has unveiled a severely understrength team to face England in the one-off Test in Denver.

Seven uncapped Kiwis have been included in the 19-strong group, including five who have represented Pacific island nations at Test level. Maguire’s stocks have been hit hard by injury, *retirements, undisclosed unavailability of players or those who have aligned with other nations.

A pinch point comes in the halves, where Te Maire Martin and Kodi Nikorima must step up in the absence of Shaun Johnson, Benji Marshall and Kieran Foran. Four players who have represented Samoa are among the new faces, led by in-form Warriors winger Ken Maumalo and experienced St George Illawarra forward Leeson Ah Mau.

Other former Toa Samoa players are arguably the squad’s two bolters — Newcastle prop Herman Ese’ese and Canterbury Bulldogs second-rower Raymond Faitala- Mariner.

Wests Tigers centre Esan Marsters has played for the Cook Islands. Two players with no international experience are Brisbane winger Jamayne Isaako and versatile Newcastle hooker Slade Griffin.

A core of experience can be found in the front row, which features props Martin Taupau and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, along with hooker Issac Luke.

The versatile Peta Hiku’s 10 caps make him the most experienced back in the Kiwi squad.

The New Zealand squad — Backs: Peta Hiku, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Te Maire Martin, Esan Marsters, Ken Maumalo, Kodi Nikorima, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. Forwards: Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Herman Ese’ese, Raymond Faitala- Mariner, James Fisher-Harris, Slade Griffin, Isaac Liu, Issac Luke, Joseph Tapine, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Big deal that this game will be on CBS. Also new owners of TEN in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Big deal that this game will be on CBS. Also new owners of TEN in Australia.
    I had a look at the Ticketmaster site a little while ago and the ticket sales look terrible. I had read that the top level was being closed off but I reckon less than 5k were showing as sold. I don't whether the Yanks just walk up but it doesn't look good at all. Embarrasing in fact. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I had a look at the Ticketmaster site a little while ago and the ticket sales look terrible. I had read that the top level was being closed off but I reckon less than 5k were showing as sold. I don't whether the Yanks just walk up but it doesn't look good at all. Embarrasing in fact. Hope I'm wrong.
    I believe ticket sales are at least above 15,000 and possibly in excess of 20,000.

Promotion has been fantastic. Let's see who shows up. And then let's see what type of show England and Kiwis put on.