Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

If Carty is willing to show that kind of effort in making a tackle on national tele imagine the kind of effort he's going to show in QCup at a local crowdless ground
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Titans should start putting non-performance clauses into contracts, we seem to have little luck with some of our "NAME" signings.

QLD Cup

I don't understand all these negative comments towards Sami. I think he's been doing a pretty decent job out there and hasn't been making any real mistakes. That break he made in the weekend was the most exciting thing of the season so far. It's been a long time since we have seen one of our wingers in space like that.

Teflon Don seems to be regularly overlooked in this chat. JB said it best in the other thread "He's never been a speedster but he's been dependable" - You shouldn't want that in a winger! They should be quick or big or both. Not only does Don not offer either but he doesn't even look like he wants to score tries. In the lead up to the Brenko try he danced around instead of having a crack, its so frustrating to watch after having Meady and Gordon for so many years.

I'd like to see either Elliot or Kiah Cooper given a crack. Elliot offers speed and Cooper offers strength (not to mention he scored a great try to tweed off a cross field kick in the weekend). Either that or Gordon or Brenko to the wing.

Anything on Hurrell’s performance?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Garth Brennan stands by under-fire utility Bryce Cartwright, pleads with critics to lay off

Bryce Cartwright has been under attack for his form of late.

BRYCE Cartwright is copping it from all directions after a shocking non tackle became the latest black spot on a poor season but Titans coach Garth Brennan has vowed to stick by his under-fire player.

Mark Carroll and Michael Ennis have led the criticism of the big money 23-year-old over the last week but Brennan said the back-rower was not facing the axe and pleaded for the commentary to be toned down for welfare reasons.

“My concern is for him,” Brennan told Fairfax Media on Sunday. “He seems to be dealing with things at the moment. But people can only take so much.

“It’s probably about time people back off. He’s out of form, I accept that, he accepts that. But you can go too far with young players sometimes.”

Cartwright last week copped a fierce spray from Fox League’s Michael Ennis, who said on Big League Wrap that the Titans’ off-season recruit was “taking the piss”.

With all eyes on him it was a bad time for Cartwright to put a non-effort into a tackle on the last line of defence as Cameron Munster strolled in for a crucial try untouched.

Cue more criticism, led by league legend Mark Carroll, who described the effort as “embarrassing”.

While Brennan was disappointed with the play he said there were other players who could have done more to stop the points being scored.

“He could have made a better effort on that tackle, no doubt, but [Titans fullback] Michael Gordon could have as well,” Brennan argued.

“People are making a lot of it because it was Bryce. He’s been creating a lot of headlines for the last 18 months.

“At the end of the day, he’s a 23-year-old kid with a lot of pressure being put on him that is unnecessary.

“There are players on more money at other clubs who aren’t copping what he is. The amount of scrutiny the poor kid has been under ... people have got to realise it may become a welfare issue, to be honest.

“If you keep kicking a dog when he’s down he’s just going to cower, not grow in confidence. Everyone just needs to lay off him.”

Looks like he'll still be in the team this week. Smh.

Looks like he'll still be in the team this week. Smh.
    Hate to say it but told you all so.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hate to say it but told you all so.
    I never doubted you at all. I just don’t understand how Garth can justify picking Bryce after that lack of effort. If it was anybody else, they’d be dropped. (Kane Elgey, Konrad Hurrell).

The simplest thing for Brennan to do and to take the spotlight off Cartwright is to drop him to Q cup.

In the press conference Brennan says he's in a good place mentally now it's a welfare case? I'm getting confused and my patience is wearing thin when other players are being dropped except his pet.

Oh and rewatch the replay and tell me how Gordon wasn't putting in.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The curtain raiser match from the Queensland Cup, is Burleigh Bears vs Easts Tigers.
    Do you know what time that’s on?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I never doubted you at all. I just don’t understand how Garth can justify picking Bryce after that lack of effort. If it was anybody else, they’d be dropped. (Kane Elgey, Konrad Hurrell).
    Surely what’s happening in team meetings in regards to accountability is way different to what they say to the Stooges with the microphones in their hands asking them questions.

Who else is going to replace Cartwright with our latest string of injuries. I am not his biggest fan but we don't have that much depth anymore, and I think it would be silly to bring in one more person to plug our top 30 roster, when the right person comes we might not have the room to sign them.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Who else is going to replace Cartwright with our latest string of injuries. I am not his biggest fan but we don't have that much depth anymore, and I think it would be silly to bring in one more person to plug our top 30 roster, when the right person comes we might not have the room to sign them.
    I'd be happy with Greg Condon before Brennan loses the dressing room for naming other players who might be at fault rather than admitting Bryce isn't up to NRL standard.

That and it'd be great reading Bodsy posts.

Inactive User

^^^ I want to respond JB but I’m not following what you are saying in that post

First Grader

Is greenwood in the 30 man roster?

Rep Player

Unfortunately Carty will be there this week as we just dont have the cover at the moment. He obviously doesnt read any of his bad press. I think 398 of the 400 "experts" commenting on his play in the media all say the same thing. Get the ball, tuck it under your arm and run hard. But nah he just has to dance around running back and forward hoping for a offload. Bloke just doesnt want to do the hard yard right now for whatever reason. He defence though is just not up to first grade standard. If we are going to drop LG to QCup then surely he is there next if we dont improve. Im not even asking for a "showstopper" game from him right now just execute the ****ing basics of a forward. Run hard, tackle hard, look like you want to be there.