Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Rugby League podcasts: Titans podcast?

I've been listening to a few of these.

One I listen to weekly is Leaguel Counsel. LINK A friend of mine, Jack who was one of the co-founders of HKRL is involved and he is very funny.

Another I just found is Rugby League in America. LINK

Do you have any recommendations?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

I’d like to see a Titans podcast, you are a clever fella DieHard and there are some resources in here such as Titanic, mdrew, HS and DB that you can bring in to add some colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’d like to see a Titans podcast, you are a clever fella DieHard and there are some resources in here such as Titanic, mdrew, HS and DB that you can bring in to add some colour.
    I was thinking that walking around getting lunch enjoying the Rugby League in America podcast.

It would be fantastic to harvest all the views and opinions and ideas of the forum. It'd be a great help to the fanbase. But a lot of work.

In the past Coaster ran the LeigonTalk podcast, and then Mick Maas took over.

I guess it'd have to be weekly to be useful. Let's talk about. If we did one, how long would it go for?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Half an hour a week would be plenty
    Discuss the previous weekends game
    Maybe a Burleigh/Tweed Heads QCup wrap
    Discuss what stories are in the Media about us
    Move onto a preview of the upcoming game
    Done

Half an hour a week would be plenty
    Discuss the previous weekends game
    Maybe a Burleigh/Tweed Heads QCup wrap
    Discuss what stories are in the Media about us
    Move onto a preview of the upcoming game
    Done
    Thursday morning each week?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Thursday morning each week?
    You would probably need to record it on a Tuesday night when people aren’t at work so you can do your skype calls or whatever and then maybe edit it and hopefully have it available Wednesday night

You would probably need to record it on a Tuesday night when people aren’t at work so you can do your skype calls or whatever and then maybe edit it and hopefully have it available Wednesday night
    I think for a podcast to be successful we need a niche and we have one. An entire region and NRL club.

There is much to talk about. But it'd require us all to become a lot closer connected. Which I think will be great. We'd do skypes can calls. But also refer to comments off the forum and namedrop people too. There is just so much gold in there.

I'd be happy to be the central curator and piece it together. But I really should't take on anything until August. As I'm getting married and I have many balls in the air.

But I do think we have a unique, interesting and informed message to put out there. And it has always been a dream of mine to see the Titans have a creative, mature and self aware fan base. And it would lead to things like pushing back in the media, increasing crowd support and atmosphere and hopefully a Supporters Association.

So looking at the draw it'd... yuck, Round 24. Makes you think what is the point. Maybe we can start sooner.

Maybe Round 14 (Souths). 8 June.

I think it'd be fun to give this a go.

We have also started a HKRL podcast here as well.

It'd need a cool name.

Newcastle soccer team call theirs the Jetstream.

Podcast name: Titan Uranus ... a weekly off-world podcast featuring a different perspective of the Gold Coast Titans ... no laughing Bodsie. Great idea, I’m happy to contribute too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Podcast name: Titan Uranus ... a weekly off-world podcast featuring a different perspective of the Gold Coast Titans ... no laughing Bodsie. Great idea, I’m happy to contribute too.
    Jesus christ! Laughing out loud.

Your contribution is mandatory.

One thing about this project is that we can crowd source it on the forum. We all have our special areas of experience and interest, and combined we can offer some interesting views and latest news to keep people tuning in.

On other podcasts, here is the new HKRL podcast. LINK HERE TO LISTEN

For those mythologically or grammatically challenged I should explain that “Titan Uranus” is more than a glib selection of terminology because:

(a) “Uranus” was one the original mythological Titans therefore Titan Uranus is appropriate as a title of our podcast.
    (b) “Uranus” is one of the least known planets in our solar system and therefore synonymous with our Titans’ lack of worldly presence.
    (c) “Titan Uranus” is a combination of two homophones (words that are spelt differently but sound the same in another context) “tighten your anus” which in itself is sage advice for those listeners not on the same page as our podcast.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-06-18 at 08:02 PM.

Id love to be involved DH and Titanic if you need some any people to help out

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There is only one Titanic. Titan Uranus, wow. That’s original.
    A couple of Suns fans started a podcast recently and I quite enjoy listening to it, every week their rapport improves. One lives here and the other is in Melbourne, the first time they ever spoke to each other was in doing the podcast.
    Be great for us to have one.
    The talent and quirkiness and passion is here on our board.
    I could put you in touch with The Suns fan who has a podcast if you want some pointers about the logistics and technical side of things if you want DH or DB or Titanic.
    He seems like a very gentle and helpful chap.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-06-18 at 07:17 PM.

I think a weekly magazine-style event would be awesome with the potential to have specials around Awards and major milestones. But first we need some questions answered:

1. Costs?
    2. Can they be posted on this domain? What’s the process?
    3. It needs a tech savvy and committed ‘producer’ to coordinate the team.
    4. The team:
    a. DH - chief cook and bottle washer.
    b. mdrew - local league
    c. DB - NRL round up
    d. Titanic - anything large
    e. Someone from the Club or at least the Alliance
    f. Feel free to add your name and position here.

5 minutes, give or take, each and there’s your podcast.
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-06-18 at 04:04 PM.