Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

God can't wait to see how our debutants go

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I only take note of 1-17. 18-21 is meaningless.
    I think the 18-21 can be intriguing. Last week the 18-21 had our latest rookie prop in there who went on to have a great debut.

other thoughts on the team;

Wallace plays the same where ever he is, not sure on the change of Jersey. King has been the biggest improver and a real success story for our team after Arrow. Happy to see him starting.

I also didnt think Elliot had done much wrong. Defended pretty well on his side and wasnt the cause of many problems i didn't think. happy to go with the more attacking player in Lee, but will watch his noted suspect defence closely.

Happy for AJ. I think him on bench and Elgey at 6 was better, but good luck to the kid, hopefully he can make a go of it.

two major points to consider - large scale changes rarely work. even though it is all forced through injury and terrible form from some players, the instability almost makes it impossible for the guys like Ash to thrive, and rookies or debutant's aren't exactly coming into a team set up for them to succeed. Not much to be done about it....just a shame and we shouldn't expect miracles, just a few positives to cling to while we make the slow climb.

Secondly - I hope these changes are due to Garth's own conviction about form determining selection and not some sort of pressure. His Agreeing with Ennis comment on Cartwright is either very honest, and to be admired, or weakness and a warning sign. i don't believe Garth to be weak...he seems to be a man of values and conviction, just airing a concern

and if all seems lost - look to Mary Macgregor and his mighty dragons. He has built them over a couple of seasons, developing and shaping his squad along the way and they are the best coached side in the NRL now, but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I think the 18-21 can be intriguing. Last week the 18-21 had our latest rookie prop in there who went on to have a great debut.
    100%. Also indicates who is and isn’t on the fringe.

Not meaningless at all

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Not meaningless at all
    I’ll only be discussing the 1-17. Too many permutations adding 18-21 to it.
    I didn’t mean to create consternation by saying 18-21 is meaningless to me.
    It’s been a quote that was removed from its context which was around Nathan Peats.
    Amazing how things get twisted in text, I’m a bit stunned my 18-21 has become a discussion point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Not meaningless at all
    Wasn't the 21 also brought in so clubs couldn't bring in someone out of the blue (which affected supporter confidence and also the gamblers as well. For example a team might be rank outsiders and people might snap up those odds and then later that team might add blokes to the team that were not expected to play). I thought that now, you cannot play a bloke outside of the named 21 unless there is some major reason for which approval has to be sought.
    In relation to Peats being named Bodsie, it means he can play if he is fit enough. If he is not named and makes a good recovery, then it is tough luck.
    I might be wrong with all of that.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 08-05-18 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ll only be discussing the 1-17. Too many permutations adding 18-21 to it.
    I didn’t mean to create consternation by saying 18-21 is meaningless to me.
    It’s been a quote that was removed from its context which was around Nathan Peats.
    Amazing how things get twisted in text, I’m a bit stunned my 18-21 has become a discussion point.
    That's why I replied to your post Bods.
    I think the reserves can supply a strategic element to the coaches.
    Watch this space... (call Mccullock and get a few tips Peats)

Junior

I personally am in two minds. As DB said wholesale changes rarely work. Obviously some were forced because of injury, some chosen because of form.
    Congratulations to AJ on his NRL debut. My biggest concern is that both he and Ben Woolf commented on how he had struggled to guide the team and run the plays at 6 for Seagulls and that was why they dropped him back to 1.
    I am hoping that was more just a reflection of the lack of training he was doing with the QCup squad than his actual ability to guide a team.
    That said, it shouldn’t be his responsibility.
    There was also a comment about the lack of commenting on Ash’s performances and I have to agree. People have been quick to blame Kane or Cartwright but Ash hasn’t exactly been a beacon of light. My personal take is that he is actually trying to do to much. Whether he doesn’t trust Kane or that he has taken the whole own the team too far, to the point where he is stifling the other half, and in the end the team.
    I kind of feel there is a similar situation at the Cowboys where Thurston has come back in and taken over as the dominant half and Morgan has kind of lost his way (although they seemed to find a bit more balance this week)
    Just my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Secondly - I hope these changes are due to Garth's own conviction about form determining selection and not some sort of pressure. His Agreeing with Ennis comment on Cartwright is either very honest, and to be admired, or weakness and a warning sign. i don't believe Garth to be weak...he seems to be a man of values and conviction, just airing a concern.
    Nah! No problem I recon Garth is his own man and doing a pretty resilient job of it

I think he selected this team to shut the Forum up ... love it
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

Now there’s an oxymoron right there lol

haha, ain't gonna shut me up till he's relegated back to QCup - just don't think he adds anything, even off the bench, to our squad in his current form.

Hahaha. Let's see how we go coaching this weekend.

I'm happy with the side. Anxious to see how Brimson goes. It'll be a tough debut.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hahaha. Let's see how we go coaching this weekend.

I'm happy with the side. Anxious to see how Brimson goes. It'll be a tough debut.

The worst match to debut
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]