Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I know how much of a fan you are of him but surely the Cartwright at 6 experiment is over surely Rav...

Chuck him back on the bench so he can be a back rower where he belongs and then bring back Elgey/debut Brimson.
    I don’t see the Titan’s current state of play as a complete disaster BT but rather circumstantial and definitely doesn’t rest at the feet of Cartwright (see that Ozynorts).
    I believe the major factor is that Peats has become such an integral player in this team that we are really starting to capitulate in his prolonged absence. A bit like the Drongoes without Mccullough (only worse) but the big difference is we don’t really have the cattle/class to counterbalance his loss and even to the point I recon Atay’s current woes are a direct complication.

Brennan is now caught where he is damned if he does and damned if he don’t so he might as well run the gauntlet and hope the hell Cartwright pays his dues (in saying that it doesn’t faze me to much if he’s punted).

Also, hopefully Brennan takes confidence from Fotuaika’s debut and throws Brimson on the bench where he could inject him after the initial onslaught (no one gives us any chance against the Storm regardless)

Anyways, these are just my thoughts but one thing is for sure and that is this week’s team sheet should be a highly anticipated one.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I don’t see the Titan’s current state of play as a complete disaster BT but rather circumstantial and definitely doesn’t rest at the feet of Cartwright (see that Ozynorts).
    I believe the major factor is that Peats has become such an integral player in this team that we are really starting to capitulate in his prolonged absence. A bit like the Drongoes without Mccullough (only worse) but the big difference is we don’t really have the cattle/class to counterbalance his loss and even to the point I recon Atay’s current woes are a direct complication.

Brennan is now caught where he is damned if he does and damned if he don’t so he might as well run the gauntlet and hope the hell Cartwright pays his dues (in saying that it doesn’t faze me to much if he’s punted).

Also, hopefully Brennan takes confidence from Fotuaika’s debut and throws Brimson on the bench where he could inject him after the initial onslaught (no one gives us any chance against the Storm regardless)

Anyways, these are just my thoughts but one thing is for sure and that is this week’s team sheet should be a highly anticipated one.
    I just don't think he deserves another shot and I disagree, while Peats is a big loss a lot of the woes have come from Carty playing 5/8. Ash has struggled the past 2-3 weeks while Cartwright has been at 6 because Carty honestly looks like he is in first gear the whole game. Runs Nate Myles like and doesn't look dangerous with the ball. He even said himself that he does not want to play in the halves, and he's not suited to it. We need a proper 5/8 in the role and at the moment Elgey is the best we have or Brimson may even deserve a shot. Cartwright is a backrower and should be used off the bench. He misses too many tackles and lacks ball playing ability that we need in a #6.

Cartwright is the luckiest bloke because if he didn’t get the lifeline here he wouldn’t be playing NRL anywhere else. He should be grateful instead of wandering around looking like a spanked ar$e.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Take a look at metres run for our halves compared to other halves.

Our guys just will not take the line on, others can’t wait and the results speak for themselves.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Take a look at metres run for our halves compared to other halves.

Our guys just will not take the line on, others can’t wait and the results speak for themselves.
    Coach’s just like Teachers or Trainers are meant to improve and make our players better footballers.
    I’m seeing a lot of blokes going backwards this year under Brennan and his coaching staff.
    In 4 out of 9 games we haven’t been motivated and put in a required effort.
    The two losses that I thought were acceptable were NZ and Cronulla.
    In the other 4 losses we were blown away by halftime
    This is crap.

I don’t think changes matter much currently. What matters is seeing an effort that makes us proud and a defensive system that’s effective.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I just don't think he deserves another shot and I disagree, while Peats is a big loss a lot of the woes have come from Carty playing 5/8. Ash has struggled the past 2-3 weeks while Cartwright has been at 6 because Carty honestly looks like he is in first gear the whole game. Runs Nate Myles like and doesn't look dangerous with the ball. He even said himself that he does not want to play in the halves, and he's not suited to it. We need a proper 5/8 in the role and at the moment Elgey is the best we have or Brimson may even deserve a shot. Cartwright is a backrower and should be used off the bench. He misses too many tackles and lacks ball playing ability that we need in a #6.
    No worries BT.
    I wish he tackled like Myles

Well Bods, history shows we seem to grow an extra leg when no body gives us a chance.

It was well reported earlier in the season that the boys were a happy group so if this is still the case then anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Kelly was let go by the previous coach with a year left on his contract with us because he was considered not good enough!
    My god the coaching staff makes some poor calls. I remember on this forum only a year or two everyone discussing how many up and coming backs we had.....

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well Bods, history shows we seem to grow an extra leg when no body gives us a chance.

It was well reported earlier in the season that the boys were a happy group so if this is still the case then anything is possible.
    So your point here is what, RVS.
    That we might win one game when no one gives a chance and the world will be all roses again? Not me I'm afraid - I want to see consistent performance, blokes playing as if they care every week, and frequent wins. As Bods says, many of the performances this year have simply been unacceptable, and one win against the odds means F.A.

That all might be true but i’ll take the win at this point regardless.

I’m predicting Arrow will miss this week and as you know he’s been one of our shinning lights thus far so that is just compounding the psyche of the mood at the moment.

Maybe I’m just an optimist as I don’t see despair in our current situation (and yes I know we are 3 & 6).

I’m so over the preceding years where things always seemed same old same old rhetoric with conservative team selections and no real plan for future success. Mainly decisions made as to not upset the status quo and everyone keeps their jobs bullsh!t.

From where I sit this coach is putting his “ass on the line” and having a real dig by changing things up with the intent of improving the Titan’s long standing status quo. Whether he’s good enough to achieve this or not only time will tell but I’m happy with the new direction.

The truth just might be that we have to go backwards to move forwards?

Just venting some frustration cheers Mt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So your point here is what, RVS.
    That we might win one game when no one gives a chance and the world will be all roses again? Not me I'm afraid - I want to see consistent performance, blokes playing as if they care every week, and frequent wins. As Bods says, many of the performances this year have simply been unacceptable, and one win against the odds means F.A.
    I’m looking for exactly the same.

Gee I'd love to see Peats named somewhere on the team sheet for a potential early return.

Hearing Titans young gun AJ Brimson in line for NRL debut this week. Bryce Cartwright faces being benched again. #nrl @cmail_sport

From Travis Meyn. Tough gig debuting against the Storm but give the kid a go, he may shock everyone.

Baptism of fire. At least we won't die guessing with this coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Baptism of fire. At least we won't die guessing with this coach.
    Nothing to lose - get him in there early I say .

I honestly feel Cartwright needs some help off field. I certainly hope he has support there in need.