Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Well stayed offline yesterday to regret saying something stupid but now the dust has settled. Yesterday just like the last few weeks has been disappointing to say the least and downright embarrassing. However, I admit that like many of us I was over reactive over those couple of wins we had, and this year is going to be another dreaded rebuild year which is to be expected with a new coach and a roster which is still not his. It will take time, which is frustrating as geez it would be good to not dread when game day comes. But all we want to see is that we are moving somewhere. Off the field we are certainly looking good, but the roster still has a long way to go and we would want to make some big signings in the new few weeks and months.

Now I can't blame Garth for dropping Elgey (as much as I love him), his defence needed work and he needed a few weeks to build his confidence. However, the Carty at 6 experiment has clearly failed and Garth needs to be a man and admit his mistake. Bring Elgey back in (he's certainly better for our attack) or blood Brimson (although I can understand not debuting him at 5/8th when he is apparently being built for FB). Hurrell needs to be dropped to QCUP to get some of his form back. As much as he's a great character and a loveable guy, he is seriously out of form big time. Our forwards are quite good, really impressed by Arrow, King, Hipgrave and wow what a debut by Fotuaika.

Would love to see this team:

1. Gordon
    2. Sami
    3. Copley/Elliot (Copley if fit)
    4. Lee (give him a go)
    5. Don
    6. Elgey/Brimson
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Proctor
    13. Arrow (fingers crossed, otherwise King to lock, Simpkins back onto the bench)

14. Hipgrave
    15. Cartwright
    16. King
    17. Fotuaika

Will be heading to this game and I at least want to see a competitive performance.

Where's Stockwell BT?

Matthews at left centre, Elliott to left wing and Copley at right centre ... just saying.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Where's Stockwell BT?
    Wasn't sure where to fit him in. Been impressed with how he has been going but not sure who you can take off that bench. Forwards are an area where we are pretty blessed, got lots of good blokes there fighting for limited positions. It's our backs that are the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see how we don't see Brenko Lee get a shot this week. Been playing pretty decent footy in the QCUP and he would add a bit to our attack (we have literally no punch out wide).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Matthews at left centre, Elliott to left wing and Copley at right centre ... just saying.
    Interesting Titanic. I like to mix things up so do you really think Mathews could do a job at centre and can Copley play right??

Big no to a back rower playing centre. It's been tried 100 times and it never works out good, they are slower and get beaten on the outside on pace. Keep Matthews left second rower, Copley left centre, and either Brenko or Elliot on the right.

Isaah Yeo goes alright

I’m not a supporter of forwards in the backs either but we have nothing in the cupboard. Even in our darkest of dark days we had more options than right now. Matthews is the forward most at risk amongst our roster so I singled him out.

Our entire pack, minus Simpkins, should be signed long term and then we build a backline behind their go forward. Boyd just keeps a more mobile player out of the mix. If Wallace leaves then the message is that “coming home is no good” and we can’t allow that. Don’t forget we’ve got Peachy next year and he doesn’t fit into our pack at all considering Cartwright belongs on the bench at best. So there’s one centre.

Brimson needs to slip into the 17 to learn his trade and we should eat humble pie and get GL and Kelly back ... then we look a lot better with a youthful development squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m not a supporter of forwards in the backs either but we have nothing in the cupboard. Even in our darkest of dark days we had more options than right now. Matthews is the forward most at risk amongst our roster so I singled him out.

Our entire pack, minus Simpkins, should be signed long term and then we build a backline behind their go forward. Boyd just keeps a more mobile player out of the mix. If Wallace leaves then the message is that “coming home is no good” and we can’t allow that. Don’t forget we’ve got Peachy next year and he doesn’t fit into our pack at all considering Cartwright belongs on the bench at best. So there’s one centre.

Brimson needs to slip into the 17 to learn his trade and we should eat humble pie and get GL and Kelly back ... then we look a lot better with a youthful development squad.
    Every time I see Kelly run on for the eagles I think of what could’ve been. He was just offered more money wasn’t he?

1. Gordon
    2. Sami
    3. Copley
    4. Hurrell
    5. Don
    6. Cartwright
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Proctor
    13. Hipgrave

14. Stockwell
    15. King
    16. Fotuaika
    17. Brimson

I know how much of a fan you are of him but surely the Cartwright at 6 experiment is over surely Rav...

Chuck him back on the bench so he can be a back rower where he belongs and then bring back Elgey/debut Brimson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Every time I see Kelly run on for the eagles I think of what could’ve been. He was just offered more money wasn’t he?
    Maybe teke or Mexican Titan can add some input but I'm not sure if Kelly is the player some here are making him out to be?

I initially loved the idea of Cartwright at 6 but it's clear to see ash is struggling as the only playmaker and failing to guide the team around the park, if Garth want elgey to get his confidence back, Garth needs to give elgey the 6 or even 7 and tell him to be the dominant half and take control, he's far from our worst defender and he's shown glimpses of his best this year, Kane at his best is playing as a dominant half like he did in Canberra in 15 playing alongside Mortimer and zillman. There's no other options in the halves this year and ash is struggling, at the moment ash is sitting back and picking his moments to chime in

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Maybe teke or Mexican Titan can add some input but I'm not sure if Kelly is the player some here are making him out to be?
    I've been watching him very closely and although he's still a work in progress, that work should be being done with us.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    He is probably given high reviews on here due to our centres/wingers being useless in the main and people regretting that he left. However he is improving weekly and is doing some nice things in attack. His defence is shaky at times but that side of his game seems to be on the improve as well. When he left here it was meh to me but he is a much better player than Koni is now.

Immortal

Kelly was let go by the previous coach with a year left on his contract with us because he was considered not good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post