Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 278
  1. #16
    Rep Player ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    I still believe that Brennan can get the job done but he is really testing me with his admitted love for Hurrell and Cartwright. It was bad enough that we had to tolerate the love fest for Zillman for so long but to have two coaches pets in the team is going to turn the fan base against Garth quicker than any number of losses will.....
    He might want to touch base with the fans and get a history lesson on how they feel about coaches pets..

  2. #17
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah mate..

    We're a long way off having a competitive, sustainable roster. I think to give us some perspective we can look at Penrith..they had something like 7 starters out and still fielded a strong team to compete with the Cowboys. We'll get there, but to ever think it would happen in less than 2 years is unrealistic as we are now seeing. Rebuilds take years. I don't see 2017 as a development year. If anything we went backwards. 2016 was, sure, but the years prior we moved sideways if anything. A new coach coming in almost puts us back to square one as well.

    The week to week of season 2018 is going to be rough fellas and I can sense the frustration here with a coach who has admitted himself that he is learning and taking lessons from different things as the season goes on. The frustration is completely understandable because we've copped this for years now but I'm willing to let him get a season under his belt at least to see what he's really made of.

    That said, if he picks Carty at 6 for this game i'm throwing sand. In my own eyes. Can't face it.
    If thatís the case then strap yourselves in for Drongoes Media and Drongoes Fans trying to get us to be kicked out of the NRL
    Iím noticing it already in comments sections of the media

  3. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If that’s the case then strap yourselves in for Drongoes Media and Drongoes Fans trying to get us to be kicked out of the NRL
    I’m noticing it already in comments sections of the media
    Nothing new there Bodsy, that's been happening for years

  4. #19
    Immortal Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next door to Alice
    Posts
    10,406

    Default

    Both my postings in the Courier Mail were deleted ... why? my only comments being that the Ponies team has fewer actual Brisbane players than Melbourne and that they’ve historically recruited from the NQ and the Coast. The truth hurts like a barbed-wire enema.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  5. #20

    Default

    Ok, I’m being positive again. Hipgrave was solid, needs to start. King is awesome and I think fotuaika provided some great impact from our bench. Our forward pack is quite good and I don’t buy into the whole “we need a big bopper” argument, just have to keep our current roster. Mick Gordon is the best fullback we’ve had since presto. If it wasn’t for him there would’ve been at least one more try put on us yesterday. Taylor is great, and when you place all the pressure on one half and he doesn’t have a recognized half to play with, you are going to have issues. We are missing peats and we missed arrow and Wallace way too much yesterday. I’m prepared to stick with Garth Vader, I just want consistency. I can’t keep copping these jekyl/Hyde performances. Otherwise they wil need to add a defribrilator in the supporters packs next year.

  6. #21
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Both my postings in the Courier Mail were deleted ... why? my only comments being that the Ponies team has fewer actual Brisbane players than Melbourne and that they’ve historically recruited from the NQ and the Coast. The truth hurts like a barbed-wire enema.
    Never really thought about looking at that before.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  7. #22
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I still believe that Brennan can get the job done but he is really testing me with his admitted love for Hurrell and Cartwright. It was bad enough that we had to tolerate the love fest for Zillman for so long but to have two coaches pets in the team is going to turn the fan base against Garth quicker than any number of losses will.....
    He might want to touch base with the fans and get a history lesson on how they feel about coaches pets..
    This is where I am at as well.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  8. #23
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Both my postings in the Courier Mail were deleted ... why? my only comments being that the Ponies team has fewer actual Brisbane players than Melbourne and that they’ve historically recruited from the NQ and the Coast. The truth hurts like a barbed-wire enema.
    You actually put facts there rather than abuse at The Titans Club or a Titans post. How dare you do that.

  9. #24
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    You actually put facts there rather than abuse at The Titans Club or a Titans post. How dare you do that.
    A simple thing we can do is hunt as a pack. If someone sees an article or fb post or tweet, share it and we can all weigh in and stick up for the club. I made a dedicated thread. Click Here
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  10. #25

    Default

    Well stayed offline yesterday to regret saying something stupid but now the dust has settled. Yesterday just like the last few weeks has been disappointing to say the least and downright embarrassing. However, I admit that like many of us I was over reactive over those couple of wins we had, and this year is going to be another dreaded rebuild year which is to be expected with a new coach and a roster which is still not his. It will take time, which is frustrating as geez it would be good to not dread when game day comes. But all we want to see is that we are moving somewhere. Off the field we are certainly looking good, but the roster still has a long way to go and we would want to make some big signings in the new few weeks and months.

    Now I can't blame Garth for dropping Elgey (as much as I love him), his defence needed work and he needed a few weeks to build his confidence. However, the Carty at 6 experiment has clearly failed and Garth needs to be a man and admit his mistake. Bring Elgey back in (he's certainly better for our attack) or blood Brimson (although I can understand not debuting him at 5/8th when he is apparently being built for FB). Hurrell needs to be dropped to QCUP to get some of his form back. As much as he's a great character and a loveable guy, he is seriously out of form big time. Our forwards are quite good, really impressed by Arrow, King, Hipgrave and wow what a debut by Fotuaika.

    Would love to see this team:

    1. Gordon
    2. Sami
    3. Copley/Elliot (Copley if fit)
    4. Lee (give him a go)
    5. Don
    6. Elgey/Brimson
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Proctor
    13. Arrow (fingers crossed, otherwise King to lock, Simpkins back onto the bench)

    14. Hipgrave
    15. Cartwright
    16. King
    17. Fotuaika

    Will be heading to this game and I at least want to see a competitive performance.

  11. #26
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Ok, I’m being positive again. Hipgrave was solid, needs to start. King is awesome and I think fotuaika provided some great impact from our bench. Our forward pack is quite good and I don’t buy into the whole “we need a big bopper” argument, just have to keep our current roster. Mick Gordon is the best fullback we’ve had since presto. If it wasn’t for him there would’ve been at least one more try put on us yesterday. Taylor is great, and when you place all the pressure on one half and he doesn’t have a recognized half to play with, you are going to have issues. We are missing peats and we missed arrow and Wallace way too much yesterday. I’m prepared to stick with Garth Vader, I just want consistency. I can’t keep copping these jekyl/Hyde performances. Otherwise they wil need to add a defribrilator in the supporters packs next year.
    I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

    [IMG][/IMG]

  12. #27
    Inactive User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.
    Yeah he’s dropped so many. He’s going to have to be our FB though till Brimson is ready and then go to the Wing. In the meantime we just have to grin and bear it.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I dont know how many bombs Gordon has to drop before he's highlighted. Its been something 5 or 6 over the last month or so. Not good enough, some fbs dont drop that many in a season, add to that he provides little impact with his runs.
    I’m not denying there is an error in his game under the high ball, but his one on one defence and positional play is outstanding. Support play is great as well. For what we are paying him he’s worth every cent. And from what I hear AJ is being groomed for the position so it won’t be long before he goes. I imagine they will start a minicello/rts situation before long.

  14. #29
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    Match highlights: Dragons v Storm - Round 9, 2018

    St George Illawarra Dragons have defeated the Melbourne Storm 34-14 at Jubilee Oval.


    https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/06/...-round-9-2018/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  15. #30

    Default

    great... Melbourne coming off a smacking by Dragons.... just what we needed


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew