Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ that does look strange
    I’d like to see the head on vision
    Could he have been called offside ?

Just got home from the game and absolutely shattered. We were the better team for 60 minutes and the game was a lot closer than the end score line shows. However silly errors and penalties once again killed every chance we had to win. Brimson was incredible and it’s good to finally have a 5/8 that knows how to tackle. So tough and seemed to form a good combination with Ash. Should be our halves partnership for the rest of the year. Brenko also had a good debut minus the terrible read on the first try. Good in attack and good metres getting us out of trouble. Copley was also awesome and was burning Will Chambers constantly. So disappointing to not end up with a win but we almost put Melbourne to the sword. A performance like that next week will go a long way to getting the two points.

Bryce Cartwright’s abysmal tackle against the Storm raises questions

GOLD Coast coach Garth Brennan may wield the axe on Bryce Cartwright after the underperforming utility appeared to give up on a tackle against the Storm that led to a try.

Cameron Munster scored a try in the 66th minute of the Storm’s 28-14 win, with replays showing Cartwright’s abysmal attempted tackle.

Munster streamed through the defensive line to score basically untouched but Cartwright looked to be in position to at least make contact if not stop Munster.

Commentator Danny Buderus questioned if Cartwright could be carrying an injury that might explain the poor effort he produced in the play.

“I guess on that play Bryce Cartwright is going to come under the microscope,” Fox League expert Danny Buderus said of Cartwright’s effort.

“The only way you go through and do that action that he did is if you’re shoulder is not capable.

“But it’s a disappointing effort for all his other teammates to see that.

“It will be disappointing to see how they break that down as a group on Monday and understand why Bryce didn’t put his body on the line there.

“There are questions to be asked for sure.”

Cartwright has been out of form all season since joining the Titans from the Panthers with reports suggesting Phil Gould sold Garth Brennan a dead horse.

Cartwright could be carrying an injury that helps explain the effort, but if he is fully fit he isn’t showing the commitment necessary for a first grade player.

One thing is for sure given the skill level Cartwright has shown in his NRL career, he is clearly well below his best and the no tackle against the Storm was another sign something isn’t right according to Fox League commentator Greg Alexander.

“When you are defending your try line to not put your body in front of a player with the ball at all is odd,” Alexander said

http://www.foxsports.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I really feel for Proctor after seeing him in tears on the sideline after that horrid chicken wing tackle. I know he's been far from our best but he definitely hasn't been our worst, I wish him a speedy recovery. Even as a fellow QLDer I lost a lot of respect for Smith after tonight.

I'm glad the press have picked up on his non-existent effort on that play. Might stop Brennan from looking the fool in future press conferences by looking after his pet. Enough is enough, a football field isn't a place for a counselling session. I pray that Proctor is ok so that there is no excuse for him being picked next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I really feel for Proctor after seeing him in tears on the sideline after that horrid chicken wing tackle. I know he's been far from our best but he definitely hasn't been our worst, I wish him a speedy recovery. Even as a fellow QLDer I lost a lot of respect for Smith after tonight.
    Fellow QLDER here too, Smith and Slater have been an embarrassment for their on field antics this year, Billy diving for send offs, Smith for his wish bone last night and Billy for purposely throwing the ball into the play last night when they were defending their ten last night. Absolute disgrace.

If you seen the Storm's presser, Smith has no problem with it because him and Proctor are old mates and he wouldn't go out of his way to hurt him.

Can only hope the post match review committee move on it. Doesn't help us though if we lose Proctor for a week or more.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Fellow QLDER here too, Smith and Slater have been an embarrassment for their on field antics this year, Billy diving for send offs, Smith for his wish bone last night and Billy for purposely throwing the ball into the play last night when they were defending their ten last night. Absolute disgrace.
    Slater has always had that sh1t in his game. They changed the rules because he used to try and kick the ball out as players were trying to score.

- - - Updated - - -

And if Brennan can’t see that Cartwright isn’t making an effort after that then he is kidding himself. It looks like he is just going through the motions in order to collect a pay check.

Have managed to delay a comment until now

Enjoyed the game, if not the result, as it answered a lot of questions, including:

1. Brennan is treading a fine line looking after Cartwright.
    2. Copley deserves an extended contract.
    3. Lee has earned another go at that right centre position.
    4. Brimson has earned another go at 6.
    5. Sami and Don both need to lift ... their prancing before the line is pathetic.
    6. Not surprising we had some penetration in the centres with better ball from the half's.
    7. Matthews isn't up to NRL standard considering our depth.
    8. Groin strains are 4-6 weeks.
    9. Peats/Rein is interesting me a lot.
    10. Bottom 4 finish with pride.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Much improved effort across the board. The loss last night was a true indication of where we currently are as a team. Yeah we had some penalities not go our way but we just let ourselves down at a few crucial moments. Was happy with all our debutantes. Copley and Lee is what we want in hard running centres. We just need some lightning quick wingers and Don and Sami need to stop the prance and put the head down. Cartwright off to QCup with you. AJ had some errors but loved his defence and that was a baptism of fire to debut against the storm and i was bloody proud of his effort. As I said we still arent top 8 level but last night was what I want to see. Even in defeat we were bloody gutsy. I reckon we have the knights next week

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Have managed to delay a comment until now

Enjoyed the game, if not the result, as it answered a lot of questions, including:

1. Brennan is treading a fine line looking after Cartwright.
    2. Copley deserves an extended contract.
    3. Lee has earned another go at that right centre position.
    4. Brimson has earned another go at 6.
    5. Sami and Don both need to lift ... their prancing before the line is pathetic.
    6. Not surprising we had some penetration in the centres with better ball from the half's.
    7. Matthews isn't up to NRL standard considering our depth.
    8. Groin strains are 4-6 weeks.
    9. Peats/Rein is interesting me a lot.
    10. Bottom 4 finish with pride.
    I might address some of your points
    1. I believe when he played 1min v The Drongoes the Coach was contacted by his GF about it’s affect on his mental state
    2. Indeed
    3. Lee can play wing too
    4. Brimson can play FB too and long term that is his position
    5. How about dropping them both? We can reconfigure our backline with Hurrell and Elliot in reserve grade currently.
    6. Indeed, it happens when Taylor is on his game, LG has done the same in patches.
    7. Yes sadly. Bench player at best.
    8. Apparently Proctor said it feels ok
    9. Peats should return off the bench
    10. Indeed. Let’s see effort week in and week out and we will cope with that ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'm glad you raised this about the prancing from Sami and Don as it's driving me to distraction. Sami is a big unit and his supposed hitting the line is hopeless. Nene McDonald was the same when he was here. It drives me nuts and if these guys cannot hit it up properly well let someone else do it. They are not even making many metres to the line as they are not running hard and I;ve seen Don often get pushed back to where he started.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm glad you raised this about the prancing from Sami and Don as it's driving me to distraction. Sami is a big unit and his supposed hitting the line is hopeless. Nene McDonald was the same when he was here. It drives me nuts and if these guys cannot hit it up properly well let someone else do it. They are not even making many metres to the line as they are not running hard and I;ve seen Don often get pushed back to where he started.
    We could go a backline of
    Brimson Gordon Hurrell Copley Lee LG Taylor
    Or if u r an LG Hater
    Gordon Elliot Hurrell Copley Lee Brimson Taylor
    Or if u hate both Hurrell and LG
    Gordon Don/Sami Lee Copley Elliot Brimson Taylor
    If you dislike them both you have to still take one unless you want to give Kiah Cooper a crack

News just in, Cam Smith has been charged for that leg lift. 2 weeks if he fights and 1 if he pleaded guilty.

Inactive User

^^ and not penalised at the time by epic cheat and Titans hater Badger

Wouldn't want to see Sami go anywhere or he'll develop into a Nene for someone else, give him a couple of off seasons to build some mass and he'll be sweet. Don, is the Don, give him so high balls and we'll love him again. He's never been a speedster but he's been dependable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    News just in, Cam Smith has been charged for that leg lift. 2 weeks if he fights and 1 if he pleaded guilty.
    Good news for Manly, who they play next week.