Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 9: RAIDERS vs TITANS (2018)

Round 8: RAIDERS vs TITANS (20189
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It’s going to take a hell of an effort from the boys to win this one.

Inactive User

Different focus now.
    Keep looking to improve and get the selection and combinations right.
    It’s just about learning to win again now.
    We aren’t far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Different focus now.
    Keep looking to improve and get the selection and combinations right.
    It’s just about learning to win again now.
    We aren’t far off.
    Yea I think we aren't far off too. We'd have won today with a 5/8th.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I think we aren't far off too. We'd have won today with a 5/8th.
    Agree 100%, or even a pair of halves that would take the line on. So frustrating they just shovel it on in the hope someone does something.

Cartwright has made it clear he doesn’t want or like the 6 on his back. Are we now pushing a square peg in a round hole.

Why not bring AJ off the bench. Rather do it now than n a game that’s do or die later in the season.

I'll be honest, losing interest. Team list Tuesday is going to frustrate me. 3 PM on a Saturday, It won't be hard to find something better to do on the Gold Coast on a Saturday arvo.

Inactive User

^^^ that 3pm Saturday timeslot should not exist. Saturday arvo is Junior Sport and The Punt time. Sunday night 630pm is a better time. I think our next home game might be Saturday 3pm-hopeless.

Losing by a point won’t get any changes this week except I hope Brennan considers having a back/utility on the bench in the form of LG/Brinsom because if we had some fresh/quick legs against the sharks it might have provided the spark needed to get over the line. But in saying that I think Mathews went down pretty early (which he tends to be prone to) and that extra forward was handy. This is where we miss Peats and Rein combo where Peats versatility allows him to shuffle into the pack. Peats works really well if we had a genuine utility like the Peach on the bench (bloody deadly combo).

Inactive User

What’s the injury to Matthews??

Concussion I think Bodsy

My team for this week. I believe we can get in the grind with any team but we have been lacking injection with some oomph and XXXXXXX Factor.
    So here we go!

1. Michael Gordon
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Brendan Elliot
    4. Konrad Hurrell
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Bryce cartwright
    7. Ash Taylor
    8. Jarrod Wallace
    9. Mitch Rein
    10. Jack Stockwell
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Ryan James
    13. Jai Arrow

14. Max King
    15. Leilani latu
    16. Keegan Hipgrave
    17. Alexander Brimson

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if Ash doesn't step up soon I want a refund
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 29-04-18 at 06:30 PM.

I like Matthews in the team. He hits hard in defense. Sort of reminds me of Brad Meyers a bit. I love a good workhorse and Matthews provides that for our team.

Sorry D76 just trying to change things up to provide some impact/xfactor. I like the look of James riding shotgun for Cartwright and they did link pretty well against the Sharks when Dark went to that edge. Once I thru dark on that edge I went in a different direction and couldn't fit Matthews on the bench. Really think we have a lot of similar/stereo types in this squad so looking to change that up.

Inactive User

Tuesday naming of the team cannot come quick enough. No matter what Coach Brennan does there will be reactions. Welcome to First Grade Coaching Garth.

The areas we need to address are fairly simple. Everyone is so focused on our attack, or lack of it. Ash is one of the nrl's strike weapons when it comes to putting on tries. What he needs is what the top sides have...a 6 that is willing to take the line on and run the ball. One of your halves needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves and have a dig at the line at every opportunity. Look at how well the warriors are going with Blake Green there. Johnson looks like he's having fun out there because Green is running the show. The other top sides are similar.

I think Brennan may be on the money with Cartwright. I know...that surprises me too! I think if Ash is left to organise the team and set up tries with his kicks etc, and Cartwright can just concentrate on using his large frame to hit holes and occasionally offload, we'd start putting on more points.

Also...did anyone notice during the sharks game how many times we were pushing towards their try line when Ash was yelling instructions, looking left and right to make sure what he wanted to do was in place, only to have Rein shovel the ball Cartwright or someone else??? He left Ash, and therefore the team and us fans hanging a number of times. I have nothing against Rein. He is a talent no doubt and we'd be stuffed without him right now, but he needs to find Ash when we're pressing the line.

The other obvious thing we need to address is our defence. With a points difference of -68, we are second only to Parra (-70). Had the sharks scored one more try against us, we'd be stone cold motherless last as the worst for/against outfit in the nrl, and with only -2 points in that race...we are only about the width of a bees dick off it now. For flat out points conceded...we are last on 207 with Manly a close second last on 201.

The top sides are the ones with the best defence, however...there is always the exception to the rule! The Knights are sitting in 6th spot right now with a point difference of -58. What does that tell you?? They use their strike weapons effectively? Well, here's their for and against and ours.

Knights - Points for 138
    Titans - Points for 139

Knights - Points against 196
    Titans - Points against 207

Position on ladder

Knights - 6th
    Titans - 12th

Amazing really. I think Garth needs to implement his man management skills and stick with Cartwright at 6. Get him running the bloody ball like a bloke his size should and put the onus on Ash to create points predominantly. He also needs to make some hard calls on habitual poor defenders.

All in all...we could still turn things around this year!!

JMO.