11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Will Matthews
    13. Jai Arrow
    14. Jack Stockwell
    15. Max King
    16. Keegan Hipgrave
    17. Bryce Cartwright

Where’s Copley?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Is he back?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Where’s Copley?
    Heard them interview him on ABC Grandstand before the game on Saturday. Said he was aiming to be back this week. Hopefully he is.

For the maybe he's a good 5/8 maybe he'll develop people...

https://streamable.com/hqa9n

1 minute 30 is my favourite part, that's when he tried to be fancy and lost us the game rather than passing like anyone would who is trying to gain confidence.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 30-04-18 at 04:04 PM.

Inactive User

I think Cartwright could in time be the Star Lock Brennan wanted. He just needs some hard training of the body and the mind.
    I’d continue to start Arrow at Lock, LG 5/8 with Cartwright on the bench.
    After 30mins I’d bring Cartwright on for Arrow where Cartwright then plays the last 50mins in the role of a Mid Forward who looks to make the odd offload and uses footwork at at a fatigued defence.
    When Arrow returns to the game he’d return in the Front Row for the duration of the game.

James needs to be an 80min 2nd rower being the LG bodyguard....he has it in him and he makes mad runs on the edge, I don’t get why Brennan has not backed his own judgement from the Pre-Season.
    We have props in Wallace, Stockwell, Boyle, King, Whitbread, Hipgrave and Fotuaika....plus Arrow can move into Prop in his second stint.

If ash or Kane got there hands on the ball more than Cartwright wouldn't have had to play 6

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    For the maybe he's a good 5/8 maybe he'll develop people...

https://streamable.com/hqa9n

1 minute 30 is my favourite part, that's when he tried to be fancy and lost us the game rather than passing like anyone would who is trying to gain confidence.

Thanks for the video JB here's how I see each play in the video.

1. Was meant to hit Matthews (Tick **** pass)

2. Penalty. Chad Townsend offside thats how he gets there so quick

3. Yes **** kick (Tick)

4. Had a little scoot out of dummy half and gets tacked?

5. Juggles the ball and unloads to James

6 .Unloads to Wallace at the Line

7. Kicks into Sharks player and regathers unlucky not to get 6 again

8. Marginal forward to James (probably gets away with it next week)

9. After Ash’s bomb where Sami is on Cartwright’s outside and Chad Townsend and Valentine Holmes are squaring up in defence and Jesse Ramein coming across in cover at a hundred miles an hour. Chad only has eyes for Sami and Cartwright is trying to get Chad’s interest as Cartwright throws the dummy to Sami and gets Chad and Jesse to commit to Sami and as Holmes proceeds to tackle Cartwright only 5 metres out he throws an awesome flick inside to an unprepared James who had Elliot in support with only Dugan in defence. James catches it and Try! Try! Try! We win and Cartwright is a hero.

10. Last 30 second play where Cartwright attempts a charge down and I tell ya what he wasn’t to far off getting a favourable ricochet. No time left for any other play when the Sharks were obviously kicking for the line to kill the game.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 30-04-18 at 06:24 PM.

First Grader

I feel like he had a lot more of a crack than anything ash or Kane has done the last few weeks. Yes majority of it didn't work but next week it might. As GCTTSD mentioned if ash and Kane done their job Cartwright wouldn't be getting shoe horned into 5/8, at least he is having a go.

I'm with you Utt. Cartwright is no Zillman by any stretch and we'll see him improve each week in this position. I think it's outrageous that he is copping the level of flack after one week in partnership with Ash. There's plenty of upside here with this halves pairing and I dare say as we move forward a lot of faces will be lathered in egg. (Hopefully it's not ours)

He's Dave Taylor.

Without the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    He's Dave Taylor.

Without the fat.
    I was thinking more of a Nate Myles V2 plodder.

Go back to his signing and I was pleased and was pushing the "potential" barrow. Three or four rounds in I was still justifying his position and his potential skill (with the one offload that worked). 8 rounds in he has shown nothing to warrant an elevation in stature in this team and definitely not at the expense of LG.

Simple fact is the best game the Titans played this year was the game he played for 1 minute.

Immortal

On the wing for Burleigh on the weekend against PNG Brenko Lee played all 80 minutes running for 91 metres, 27 post contact and made 7 tackles at 100% tackling efficiency. He was also credited with a try assist and three tackle breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    On the wing for Burleigh on the weekend against PNG Brenko Lee played all 80 minutes running for 91 metres, 27 post contact and made 7 tackles at 100% tackling efficiency. He was also credited with a try assist and three tackle breaks.
    Sounds like a solid performance Md. Should at least have pressure building upon Koni.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing him on the left wing, Sami hasn't been setting the world on fire and has had some pretty poor carries out of our red zone, would be good to have some competition for that position to keep the players on their toes.