Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 8: TITANS vs SHARKS (2018)

TITANS vs SHARKS
    5:30pm SATURDAY 28TH APRIL
    Cbus Super Stadium
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-04-18 at 07:23 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Well our blokes are 3W and 4L. Lose this week and our goals change completely for the season.
    So I’m sorry to say it but

“This Is Grand Final Week on the Gold Coast.”

It’s put up or shut up.

If we lose this week you may not hear me say “mini GF” again this season.
    So Coach Brennan and Staff work your magic and our playing squad get some pride and have a crack
    PLEASE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well our blokes are 3W and 4L. Lose this week and our goals change completely for the season.
    So I’m sorry to say it but

“This Is Grand Final Week on the Gold Coast.”

It’s put up or shut up.

If we lose this week you may not hear me say “mini GF” again this season.
    So Coach Brennan and Staff work your magic and our playing squad get some pride and have a crack
    PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Haha I love your work Bodsy. I don’t think the forum would be the same without every game being announced as a “Mini GF” at the very least!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Haha I love your work Bodsy. I don’t think the forum would be the same without every game being announced as a “Mini GF” at the very least!
    Ha Ha thank you Sir. I mean it though-if we lose to Cronulla you won’t be hearing it the following week. Once you lose 3 in a row then the focus changes to purely getting out of the slump you are in.

Hey Bodsy go and read the post I just added to the cowboys thread.
    Brennan needs some magic alright and that's to sprinkle it all over himself.

I'm going to get on the front foot here this morning and introduce a team I think has plenty of upside. Very controversial I'm sure but I'm absolutely sick of safe/same old selections.

1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Brenko Lee , 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Bryce Cartwright, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Jack Stockwell 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Ryan James (c), 13 Jai Arrow
    Interchange: 14 Max King, 15 Leilani Latu , 16 Will Matthews, 17 Morgan Boyle

- - - Updated - - -

If we pretty much put the same team on the paddock as against the cows we lose.
    Maybe Kane could come onto the bench to provide some backs cover?
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 22-04-18 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I'm going to get on the front foot here this morning and introduce a team I think has plenty of upside. Very controversial I'm sure but I'm absolutely sick of safe/same old selections.

1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Brenko Lee , 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Bryce Cartwright, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Jack Stockwell 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Ryan James (c), 13 Jai Arrow
    Interchange: 14 Max King, 15 Leilani Latu , 16 Will Matthews, 17 Morgan Boyle

- - - Updated - - -

If we pretty much put the same team on the paddock as against the cows we lose.
    LOL, we are at odds, might pay to read my post in the Cowboys thread. No to Hurrell, No to Cartwright and I have no idea how Latu made it into your team.

JB at this stage there is no cover for Koni.
    If we can get Cartwright to play direct as in the Wallace try then it could be a game changer. (He has the smarts)
    Latu has it in him and I'm thinking his spell could have him a new man/player?

Inactive User

Brennan FFS needs to stick to what he spent months working on
    LG 5/8
    James 2nd row
    Arrow Lock
    Cartwright interchange Mid Forward till he has the tank to be starting Lock

His plans have come unstuck because his pets he brought with him Latu and Cartwright Suck
    Captain James stop giving away penalties, be a vocal leader and enough with the comedy in talking to referees

Under Brennan we have had 3 pitiful efforts where he has then said “this will take time we have to expect performances like this”. What utter garbage, I don’t hear Cleary saying that.

We are 3 players and $700k under the cap. I clearly remember a press conference where Brennan gloated that he had a stack of players and managers contacting him. Well Brennan we have been saying all summer we need another prop and outside back. Where are they??? Im already wondering about what we are being sold.

Wallace allegedly wants to go the friggin Drongoes....Bellamy is off contract this year and is on the record as saying he’d be keen to Coach us.

I’ve had a great nights sleep, walked the dog and had a lovely breakfast.
    And I’m still pissed off!!!

This performance against Cronulla needs to be very very special.

I for one am not ready to throw Cartwright to the savages.
    To me he hasn't really had the right opportunities this year to get himself going and into top gear. He will improve sharply under the right circumstances.

I like the look of a left edge consisting of Sami/Lee/Cartwright/James (mobile and big).
    Earlier I had LG out of my team but I thinks best to have him on the bench instead of Latu (whom I haven't given up on just yet).
    If Cartwright doesn't lift and provide a distinctive advantage from the get-go then the hook for LG.
    Also LG coming off the bench provides match winning potential and could even give Rein a short break.

I'm not saying the Cows loss was LG fault in any way just looking for that special ingredient that takes this team to another level which I can't see happening under the current formation.

I like the idea of Bryce at 6 getting his hands on the ball more inattack, elegy didn't do much organising anyway I think Bryce would compliment ash in the halves. Also Lee has to come I to the side for either TRD or hurrell, everyone co.plaims about his defence but he can't be any worse then how our other backs have defended this year

Hurrell definitely in need of a kick up the backside. Drop him to QCUP for a few weeks so he can earn his way back into the side. We have nothing to lose bringing Lee and Elliot in for TRD and Hurrell. Our defence on the edges has been bad enough like you said GCTTSD. But not expecting to see Hurrell dropped (would love to be proven wrong), reckon he is pretty safe considering he is one of Brennan's favourite players. When he is on he is on. But that is very rare this past year and a half.

Not sure about Carty at 6. Just don't think that is his position (although what is his position really?). Would rather keep Elgey there. Admittedly I was overreactive after the Dragons game and calling for Elgey's head but he hasn't been our big problem and at least he is having a go. His defence has been better and you can't really blame him last night as the forwards weren't giving him or Ash much to work with. However, I don't know if we will see LG re-signed unless he does step up big time.

1. Michael Gordon 2. Anthony Don 3. Phillip Sami 4. Brenko Lee 5. Brendan Elliot 6. Kane Elgey 7. Ash Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Ryan James 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Will Matthews 13. Jai Arrow 14. Jack Stockwell 15. Bryce Cartwright 16. Keegan Hipgrave 17. Ryan Simpkins

I don’t think that backline that I’ve mentioned could be any worse than what we named for the Cowboys game. But we definitely need to drop Hurrell to QCUP for a bit. Has not been up to standard at all for the past few weeks. I’m not massive on Sami being in the centres but until we get Copley back, there’s not really much we can do about that. I’m not sure I agree with Cartwright at 6. Elgey could be better but so could everyone else and it’s not like we have much depth in that position at the moment. I think until Peats comes back we should have Simpkins on the bench as a utility.

I know it won't happen but I want Gordon as Captain.
    A leader that is - Consistent, Experienced, Skilful, 100% Effort and SMRT….