Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Get Fotuaika in there and let him rip.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Big day for Brennan
    You lose 4 in a row and the heat is on

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Get Fotuaika in there and let him rip.
    I think that would be a mistake today Titanic.
    Watching the seagulls game I just thought Fotuaika had a high work rate but didn’t provide a lot of impact IMO.
    The last time we saw Latu for the Titans the whole dynamic of our pack was different. Now our pack is settled with Arrow and Wallace leading the way I expect the same Latu who payed in the seagulls v cutters game that bent the line and was defensively solid/hard.
    On the other hand I sense Fotuaika will only bring a workhorse element which we already have plenty of.

Latu had his crack and was disappointing. Canberra and the warriors were running straight through him and his attack was tepid at best. Give fotuaika a run and see how he goes I reckon. Latu can get a bit more fitness and desire in qcup. He just didn’t seem hungry enough, pretty sure fotuaika will want to make his mark.

Konrad out to find his best form

KONRAD Hurrell hopes a pre-game phone call to his mother may be the catalyst for a form reversal.

The barnstorming Titans centre has had a tough time of it this season with particular trouble in the ball handling department.

Fully aware that Brenko Lee is waiting in the wings having been playing right centre for feeder club Burleigh, Hurrell is leaving no stone unturned in his mission to rediscover his best footy.

“Dropping the ball every week, it’s hard to forget it coming into the game so I just need to be calm before the game and maybe call Mum and have a little talk to her before the game,” he said.

“It’s always good hearing from her. I will probably try to do something different this week just to get my focus into the game.”

Hurrell has described his form as “not up to standard” and conceded he has probably lost his tag as coach Garth Brennan’s favourite player but was grateful for the faith shown in him so far.

“In the past I have been performing like that and got dropped straight away but Garth, he has been on to me every week about that and he keeps saying he doesn’t want to drop me and he needs me in the team,” Hurrell said.

“But I need to perform well for him to keep me in the team.

“It’s good to know that but at the same time I obviously am trying to get into my top form too.”

Hurrell goes head-to-head with Canberra captain Jarrod Croker – who he steamrolled in Gold Coast’s 30-28 Round 1 win over the Raiders – at GIO Stadium this afternoon.

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Latu had his crack and was disappointing. Canberra and the warriors were running straight through him and his attack was tepid at best. Give fotuaika a run and see how he goes I reckon. Latu can get a bit more fitness and desire in qcup. He just didn’t seem hungry enough, pretty sure fotuaika will want to make his mark.
    Another point I've previously made on Latu is how he combines with Cartwright. Someone posted a Cartwright highlight real on here (not the lowlight one) and there was a lot of real good stuff between the two. Hopefully James riding shotgun with Cartwright helps bring out the best and in turn a Latu redemption.

Raiders v Titans: Hosts unchanged; Matthews out, King to start
    https://www.nrl.com/

It's been a tough year for Ricky Stuart and the Raiders. Things could've been so different if they hadn't blown match-winning leads in their first three games.

The Green Machine might've been thinking it was time for an overhaul if they hadn't stopped the rot with last week's gutsy road win over the Cowboys – their first in Townsville in several years.

Canberra fans were crossing their fingers that things were looking up with the back to back wins over Parramatta and Canterbury in rounds five and six. They probably feared those performances were just fool's gold after the round seven thrashing from Souths, but the Raiders showed they can't be counted out of finals contention yet.

Titans coach Garth Brennan shook up his halves combination last week by dropping five-eighth Kane Elgey and his team responded with a committed effort against the Sharks. But the scoreboard showed a one-point loss at full-time, leaving them with a 3-5 record for the season.

The Titans stormed home to snatch a last-minute victory over the Raiders in round one and might fancy their chances in Saturday's re-match.

For the Raiders to win: After an impressive road win over the Cowboys, the Raiders need to prove it was no flash in the pan. They had the Titans' measure for about 65 minutes in round one and ended up losing, so Stuart will demand they emulate last week's 80-minute effort.

For the Titans to win: It'll be interesting to see how the Titans bounce back from last week's close-but-no-cigar loss. The Gold Coast forwards will have to pack the heavy artillery, while Ash Taylor needs to provide solid direction from start to finish.

Raiders stat attack: The Raiders have scored 100 points in their previous three clashes with the Titans. Captain Jarrod Croker needs four points to reach 900 for his career at GIO Stadium.

Titans stat attack: The Titans don't seem to fear the trip to Canberra, winning four of their past five games at GIO Stadium. Forward Will Matthews will chalk up his 100th NRL game.

And another thing: This is a huge game for both teams. They share the same 3-5 record, though the Raiders boast a superior for and against differential. In light of the logjam of teams around mid-table, the Raiders or Titans could be in the top eight by the time the dust settles on round nine.

Raiders: 1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Junior Paulo, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

Interchange: 14 Ata Hingano, 15 Shannon Boyd, 16 Luke Bateman, 17 Dunamis Lui

Reserves: 18 Liam Knight, 19 Michael Oldfield
    The Raiders are unchanged from last week's win over the Cowboys. Brad Abbey and Jack Murchie were cut from the initial 21-man squad on Friday afternoon.

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Brendan Elliot, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 Bryce Cartwright, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 14 Max King, 11 Kevin Proctor, 10 Ryan James (c), 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 15 Jack Stockwell, 16 Keegan Hipgrave, 17 Ryan Simpkins, 18 Leilani Latu

Reserves: 19 Moeaki Fotuaika, 20 Brenko Lee 21

The Titans have had a shake-up, with captain Ryan James shifting to the back row in place of Will Matthews (concussion), who was due to play his 100th NRL game. Max King is the new starting prop, while Leilani Latu was added to the interchange bench. Kane Elgey was cut from the squad 24 hours before kick-off.

Head-to-head: Played 21; Titans 12 wins, Raiders 9 wins
    Matches at venue: Played 9; Raiders 5 wins, Titans 4 wins
    2017 result: Raiders won 42-16 at Cbus Super Stadium in round 6
    Points per game: Raiders 21.9; Titans 17.4
    Points conceded per game: Raiders 21.8; Titans 25.9
    Televised: Live on Fox League

Steve Turner's prediction: It will be the second time these two sides meet in 2018 following the comeback win from the Titans in the opening round of the season after trailing the Raiders 24-6 at one stage. The Raiders return home after a great win in Townsville that was built on defence, while it's hard to get a read on the Titans who have the worse defensive record in the NRL and lack real strike out wide. It's an important game for both teams due to the congestion of the ladder, but Canberra will be too good. TIP: Raiders by 10.

https://www.nrl.com/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Another point I've previously made on Latu is how he combines with Cartwright. Someone posted a Cartwright highlight real on here (not the lowlight one) and there was a lot of real good stuff between the two. Hopefully James riding shotgun with Cartwright helps bring out the best and in turn a Latu redemption.
    Good point, but I’d rather be picking players on form rather than how they play with someone else who is playing out of position IMO.

Final side:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Brendan Elliot

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Bryce Cartwright

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Mitch Rein

12. Max King

11. Kevin Proctor

10. Ryan James ©

13. Jai Arrow

15. Jack Stockwell

16. Keegan Hipgrave

17. Ryan Simpkins

19. Moeaki Fotuaika

Gee our bench has got a touch of the "ducks disease".

Which is Atays feeder club?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

For Christ sake, can we ever complete the first set of 6 in a game. Jesus, every farken week.

Soft cox ... giving a 6 points start again ... dreadful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What the **** do we have to do to get proctor to run trough a hole?
    Put some hair around it ffs????

They’re running through Cartwright