Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Ok lads, I'm no moderator but I reckon you've both had a good say and taken it as far as it needs to go. Personally i enjoy reading all opinions but what makes this site a good one is that we are well above LU level.
    We all want to see the titans do well and we will have different views as to what will get us there. Regardless of positional issues, what is clear is that this roster will not get us anywhere.
    Best post of the night

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    You're an opportunist at best JB. That's why you have noting positive to offer ever. Full stop!

You don't own this joint mate so stop trying to pull the rest of the forum down with you.

Please drown in your own SORROW!

Go the Tits!
    Why the fcck do you refer to the team as the tits??????? Gives me the ****s

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Cheers, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Best post of the night

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fcck do you refer to the team as the tits??????? Gives me the ****s
    Out of respect to you Ozy or should I say Ozynorts, I shall never refer to the Titans as the Tits ever again (well not tonight anyway)

Would LG at half and Ash at 5/8 be worth a look.

Or can we at least let Brimson have a run. Surely Carty has tried and failed enough.

I agree, one of the good things about our forum is that we keep a high standard compared to LU and social media. I understand we are frustrated by the form. But let's not let the place cave in. Let's keep it on track.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Well that escalated quickly.

nah keep it going lads, JB v Ravs are the only Titans/Titans fanbase related content I actually look forward to nowadays

The endless speculation about a limited roster is nearly as bad as the inept performances on the field. Until the team pulls together we may as well debate how many combinations can be formed from tweaking 27 players into 17 positions.

I am fast coming to the conclusion because of this summary of complaints on here:

(a) how can Taylor be so indecisive
    (b) James be so ineffective
    (c) Hurrell be ignored by other players
    (d) our defence leak worse than a sieve
    (e) Cartwright and Hurrell continue to be picked
    (f) our 6th tackle options being worse than junior footy
    (g) we can't fill our roster
    (h) which miracle combination will save us

that our coaching staff are coated in teflon.

But in fact, the positives have been: Arrow, Gordon, King, Rein, Wallace, Copley, Fotuaki, Hipgrave, Boyle, Stockwell, Elliott, James, Peats, Don, Proctor and Taylor plus to a lesser extent Sami, Simpkins and Elgey. That leaves only Cartwright, Latu, TRD and Hurrell as being out and out busts ... and our execution is truly poor.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

individually we have some good performers we just don't play like a team, and the attacking structures we had with Kane and Ash are totally non existent with Cartwright and we could have knocked off the sharks last week if we had some of that shape.

So rather than punishment, lets hope QCup gives Kane some confidence and he can come back in and go nuts. Not this week ( although he provided the last minutes match winning try assist to knock off the storm in the same match last year ) - give him a proper 4 weeks of Q Cup - the carty experiment is a bust at 5/8th.

Otherwise it is up to Garth to get us on the same page as a team.

On Koni - easy to drop him and he deserves to be dropped, but I think Koni will respond to faith more than punishment.. and sometimes you need to do whats best for the team and end result even if it goes against normal process of selection or non selection.

I watched most of the game (turned off the first half after 20 minutes but came back after half time), and just read through the comments, most of it fair call, and part of it pure opinion.

Firstly, lets remember we ALL HAVE AN OPINION, and we all have our favourite players. I'm about to stick up for Konrad Hurrel, so wait for that one...

Anyway, what i have seen in here over the past decade is that forum members leave because they get shouted down for having an opinion or a personal preference that goes against the grain. Hundreds of people loved Will Zillman, and that's ok. I liked the guy, I thought he was a worth $200K a season on a 2 year contract. But people left this forum because they were harrassed for their PERSONAL OPINIONS. We can't do that. We can all put forward our view, even point out the facts, but if someone likes a player, then that's their choice and we need to accept the differences we all have. And remember, some forum members might be kids who want to tell us how much they love the worst player in the comp. Good for them. We need to discuss, not argue.

So, Konrad Hurrel. Koni. The big, loveable useless lump of meat that should just be standing on the edge being spoon fed the ball and making damaging runs. He went and tried to make something happen. And he's got hooves for hands. But when he's on he's about as exciting a player as we have out there. He was a goose today, but I'd take a useless goose who tries things to win games than big salary bludgers who go through the motions. We have been getting screwed over by roster issues since DCE, then Hayne, now a new coach. We really weren;t expecting to win the comp this year. Or next. Maybe top 8 in 2020. That'd be nice. But in the meantime we have to accept we are playing very ordinary footy, and we need to support EACH OTHER, because currently we are all that we have.

Finally watched the presser and feel that Brennan handled it pretty well. He was obviously pretty disappointed, stuck it to the right areas but restrained himself using “now isn’t the right time” as a deflection. Good on him. I think Hurrell is on very thin ice.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I watched most of the game (turned off the first half after 20 minutes but came back after half time), and just read through the comments, most of it fair call, and part of it pure opinion.

Firstly, lets remember we ALL HAVE AN OPINION, and we all have our favourite players. I'm about to stick up for Konrad Hurrel, so wait for that one...

Anyway, what i have seen in here over the past decade is that forum members leave because they get shouted down for having an opinion or a personal preference that goes against the grain. Hundreds of people loved Will Zillman, and that's ok. I liked the guy, I thought he was a worth $200K a season on a 2 year contract. But people left this forum because they were harrassed for their PERSONAL OPINIONS. We can't do that. We can all put forward our view, even point out the facts, but if someone likes a player, then that's their choice and we need to accept the differences we all have. And remember, some forum members might be kids who want to tell us how much they love the worst player in the comp. Good for them. We need to discuss, not argue.

So, Konrad Hurrel. Koni. The big, loveable useless lump of meat that should just be standing on the edge being spoon fed the ball and making damaging runs. He went and tried to make something happen. And he's got hooves for hands. But when he's on he's about as exciting a player as we have out there. He was a goose today, but I'd take a useless goose who tries things to win games than big salary bludgers who go through the motions. We have been getting screwed over by roster issues since DCE, then Hayne, now a new coach. We really weren;t expecting to win the comp this year. Or next. Maybe top 8 in 2020. That'd be nice. But in the meantime we have to accept we are playing very ordinary footy, and we need to support EACH OTHER, because currently we are all that we have.

FIRST CLASS POST WHIZ.

Agree with everything you said. Some people have referenced LU forum in here of late. One thing to remember is LOT Forum is nothing like that. We are an inclusive zone not and excluding zone. Thank you Whiz for pointing out one thing I didn’t consider and it is that there could be young ones trying to come on here to talk about their favourite team in a safe environment , something I will remember going forward.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Well said C Whiz. It is important to respect everyone's opinions and feelings. Sport isn't a science. And if someone has a different opinion, well it hardly affects the universe of anyone else.

Other NRL fans probably think we are all nuts for supporting the Gold Coast Titans. Think of it that way. And we are probably here for all kinds of reasons.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Yep some awesome posts above....I love LOT because you get to talk to people who genuinely care for our club. That’s why I keep coming back. Let’s get back on track just like we want our team to do on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yep some awesome posts above....I love LOT because you get to talk to people who genuinely care for our club. That’s why I keep coming back. Let’s get back on track just like we want our team to do on the field.
    I think two things.

1. We all need to lift our game to have some nice robust but open discussion. We all need to do our part to maintain a good culture.

2. The best part of LoT was a lot of us catching up outside of the forum. We really should try and do that more. I'll be back for a couple months in July-September if anyone is keen, we could watch an away match on TV somewhere. We should probably aim for a few catch ups a year. Game days are mad and we all have our own responsibilities, so out side of that is best.