Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Going to be many great games. Especially with Tonga, Samoa and a strong Kiwis side.

Plenty of other teams to enjoy too such as Lebanon and PNG and France.

I'm going to be in heaven! I really really wish I could go to the UK for a World Cup!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Fortunately my cable tv has BBC1 and 2 so will be able to watch every game … bye bye sleeping.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Underwhelming doesn't even cut it so far in the mens RLWC, with some games not even raising to park levels. I am a strong believer in the need for the international game but there needs to be a lot more effort put into some of the "minnows". I also don't think rewarding every NRL player with Man of the Match awards is a good incentive for the weaker nations. Ok so the NRL is the big comp but the efforts of the semi-pro players deserve recognition, probably more so considering their commitment and journeys.

Observations so far: Radley MOM was a poor read considering the unheralded work done by Willams for example; Poms not as good as they are being touted; Samoa showed that coconut footy can't beat a good old fashioned game plan; Milford cannot direct a team around and nor can Luai who is a flat track bully; Australia needs Cleary and RCG; how did Scotland qualify; Fiji will improve as the half's work it out; Kiwi can't win it without Hughes; France is a long way off but has some talent and the Greeks can hold their heads up; congrats to Italy and Ireland for having a good crack too; Jamaica like the others at their level need real exposure to regular competition ... I am looking forward to Tonga/PNG where I expect both teams to be fairdinkum.

Comments: (1) The Hammer has got to be the most over-rated player although he is challenged by Milford. (2) Why isn't there an African team of some sort? Some of those tough gangsta-types from Somalia and Eritrea who can run like hell on the smell of an oily rag seem perfect for a backline while a few of those giant who-ers from the Congo and Nigeria etc should be able to do some serious damage up front. I know stereotyping isn't pc but neither is stacking nations with Cup players if there isn't any link to the home countries' development pathway. (3) Guys like Georgallis should be based in Greece and building pathways.

Suggestion: players who show talent should be scholarshipped into NRL/SL clubs development programs AND why can't an NRL/SL club adopt an emerging nation? Imagine the 17 NRL clubs spending a part of their pre-season training and showcasing our sport across the planet along with their SL cousins.
    Last edited by Titanic; 18-10-22 at 05:39 PM.

Kumuls were their own worst enemy but played courageously. Tonga missed Taumalolo but went pretty well too.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-10-22 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Kumuls we’re their own worst enemy but played courageously. Tonga missed Taumalolo but went pretty well too.
    Kumuls should have won that. Hard done by and bombed one.

Kiwis are flying under the radar.

I'm looking forward to England v France tonight.

Don't know what to make of the Scotland game. Wasn't very impressed with the Cleary/Munster combo. Cleary played well and Munster played without flair. France will expose England as contenders or pretenders.

France have impressed. We really need an annual game against them and England.

Wales also caught me off guard against Tonga. Wish we still had a pro club in Super League there.

And how about the Kumuls!!!

Lots of great things on social media about it.

URL:
    https://twitter.com/kondoeast_RLC/st...27746023235590

URL:
    https://twitter.com/DaveRic1/status/1585036809385697280

The concept of not wearing numbers in your position is confusing and completely takes away from the enjoyment of analysing players you are not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The concept of not wearing numbers in your position is confusing and completely takes away from the enjoyment of analysing players you are not familiar with.
    I absolutely loathe it and it has to be in the rugby league hall of shame for stupid ideas. And we know there have been alot of them.

Don’t know why I continue to get up to watch the games. When a very average Roos team dominates with Voss very disjointed and often irrelevant commentary, plus the numbering debacle, it’s just not entertaining. I hope the Kumuls aim up and smack the Pommies tonight.

I can't remember being so disappointed with a team as the Kumuls in that match. Maybe it was the short turn around or/and the conditions. Can't really make excuses.

Tonga v Samoa should live up to the hype.

Fiji were impressive and Kiwi were lucky. A real warning shot before they take on Australia in the Semis.

The Kumuls have tormented me like that since 1977. Thought Fiji were unlucky. Tonga to do both Samoa and the Poms before Oz ream them in the final. Generally underwhelmed with the whole event.

--- added after the event

Well just like my NRL tipping, my WC tipping is also rubbish. Samoa deserved their win (except for Luai whose brown-eye at the end just did my head in). Fifita was hardly seen yet again (until he got smacked in the neck) which has become too common an event to be just our poor systems. Anyway I'm glad that he and Mofo will be back earlier.

Been watching Foran very closely as I suppose we all are but I am not seeing very much. Also it is a very big no to Marty Taupa'u (as he is now back to being called).
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-11-22 at 02:38 PM.

Personally I didn't expect anything special from Kumuls and Sol, so I wasn't too worried.
    Last edited by DarOv; 01-09-23 at 09:15 PM.