Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

No genius to be had is an understatement.
    I hope Brennan didn't tune in because he'll be hard to wake for Saturday after that yawn fest.

Love to see this version of Cartwright this week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-eBgdbyPDw

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    No genius to be had is an understatement.
    I hope Brennan didn't tune in because he'll be hard to wake for Saturday after that yawn fest.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Love to see this version of Cartwright this week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-eBgdbyPDw
    Me to meno.
    Gee he can find the line when in form and maybe we should wear a pink strip.
    The other thing I noticed he combined with Latu a fair bit.

Me to meno.
    Gee he can find the line when in form and maybe we should wear a pink strip.
    The other thing I noticed he combined with Latu a fair bit.
    Poor old Latu. How has he been going?? I liked him in the 1st game against the raiders. Those little passes before the line were awesome! After that game he must have found where Garth hides the cookie jar.

Come on guys lets get some positivity going here and stop being so hypocritical.

We have been whinging and whining for years that things never change around here and when they start to we poo poo it.
    We should be standing and applauding Brennan.
    Lets get behind this coach on the way to success, not after it which is nothing but shallow support.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Poor old Latu. How has he been going?? I liked him in the 1st game against the raiders. Those little passes before the line were awesome! After that game he must have found where Garth hides the cookie jar.
    If we watch the seagulls go around on Saturday we’ll have the chance to see how Latu is travelling along with some other Titan contracted players as well. Al though I doubt we’ll see Simpkins in this game he’s the only forward named as a Titans reserve?

Mackay Cutters v Tweed Heads Seagulls at BB Print Stadium, Mackay on Saturday, April 28 – 1.10pm * (Channel 9 TV game)
    Tweed Heads Seagulls

1. AJ Brimson 2. Ryland Jacobs 3. Kiah Cooper 4. Brayden McGrady 5. Tevita Folau 6. Lindon McGrady 7. Kane Elgey 13. Cheyne Whitelaw (c) 9. Sam Meskell 10. Leilani Latu 11. Lamar Manuel-Liolevave 12. Tristan Lumley 14. Ryan Simpkins 15. Maia Sands 17. Rex Johnson 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 16. Tony Matautia 17. Eli Levido 18. Hiale Roycroft

With regard to Hurrell, I don’t get the “Lee can’t tackle” lobby. We haven’t seen that first hand and the bar isn’t very high is it ... missed tackles, dropped balls and misreads.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    With regard to Hurrell, I don’t get the “Lee can’t tackle” lobby. We haven’t seen that first hand and the bar isn’t very high is it ... missed tackles, dropped balls and misreads.
    yeah that's true. Look, I'd give Brenko a run but I wouldn't bet on him being any better than Hurrell as far as his defence goes.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    yeah that's true. Look, I'd give Brenko a run but I wouldn't bet on him being any better than Hurrell as far as his defence goes.
    I feel if he can worry the defence with the ball, doesn't give away stupid penalties, catches the goddamned thing and doesn't have a ridiculous haircut then he's a sure thing
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Koni has always had an error or two in his game. It’s just that he plays with passion and enthusiasm that hasn’t been seen in our side for a long time. This year however, his effectiveness is down and his errors are way up. I could put up with it if the errors were not in our 20 meter zone but they always seem to be at the worst possible time and position. I actually thought he’d be the first to go, will be interesting how they all respond this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I'm happy to see Lee on the wing as he is a winger. He was leading the comp in tries scored two years ago and the Bulldogs dropped him due to his defense. When copley is back I'm happy to see Elliot move to the right centre spot. If we had reliable players in our back line Sami should move to centre (as he is supposed to be a centre) and Lee could go on his outside. Personally I think Elliot gets first shot on form.

Pleased to see Elliot get a go on that left edge. Brenko had his chance in the trial at both left and right centre and let in 3 or 4 tries himself (no exaggeration if you've seen the footage). He then had the chance to redeem when going to Burleigh and was poor again defensively and ended up on the wing for them so that he was't the pivot for defensive decisions when teams ran shape at his edge.

Who would have thought we would miss Copley this much?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Pleased to see Elliot get a go on that left edge. Brenko had his chance in the trial at both left and right centre and let in 3 or 4 tries himself (no exaggeration if you've seen the footage). He then had the chance to redeem when going to Burleigh and was poor again defensively and ended up on the wing for them so that he was't the pivot for defensive decisions when teams ran shape at his edge.

Who would have thought we would miss Copley this much?
    Don’t think any of us could have predicted that Copley would be our biggest threat out wide and that he’d be our best centre. What a year aye.

Does anyone know what Elliot’s defence is like? Haven’t really watched him in the past defensively but know that he’s pretty quick and good attacking wise. Interested to see if he helps that left edge (big job ahead of him).

Also I’m not sold on Carty at 6 but he did play some of his best footy there and hasn’t got the best defence but he’s a bigger body at least. And getting more footy in his hands is best, as long as Brennan pulls his head in and tells him to play simple and let Ash take control. I can also understand the logic of not rushing AJ in too quickly as it might be better to keep him in QCUP for a bit longer. He’s been killing it but let him keep getting the experience. Willing to trust Brennan’s call on the #6 jersey.

Apparently Brenko back to left centre for Burleigh this weekend, TRD left wing.