Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Brennan is running out of excuses. I totally agree with Elgey being dropped but how many games will Cartwright get? He is looking more like the coach’s pet and that’s the way to split a group.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You might be underestimating the ability of the Coach and Cartwright I would suggest.
    Obvisouly they are totally different players but Cartwright is a much bigger body and I would hope not miss so many 1on1.
    As tough as it might seem I agree with Brennan “this is best for the team”.

I think dropping LG is a good move. I hope he comes good but currently it does not look good. He reminds me of Zillman a bit who promised a lot at the start but has performed well bellow his first year with a few good games thrown in among a lot of crap.

With Brennan dropping LG it shows what Brennans thoughts are of him going forward. I would not be surprised if Brennan decides not to re-sign LG next year. I for one do not think he is worth his current $600,000 wage or not even close.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Brennan is running out of excuses. I totally agree with Elgey being dropped but how many games will Cartwright get? He is looking more like the coach’s pet and that’s the way to split a group.
    I'm worried about the same thing. But at least he dropped Latu when it came to it.

My other worry is that we can't even get the basics right as far as completing a set of 6, now we are adding the unknown of Cartwright at 5/8 and his unseen offloads it could turn messy very quickly and if it does then I'm guessing it will shut Cartwrights confidence down and any use he maybe to us.

How is Cartwright an unknown at 6 he went close to NSW selection whilst playing there?

I have no problem with Elgey being dropped, as long as his replacement is a capable player in that position. Cartwright offers nothing more than Elgey does in that position and his defense is woeful. He’s a shirt grabber. He is better providing impact off the bench. I have seen nothing from him that says he is a five eighth. And the argument that he was tearing it up at five eight two years is not valid, because Elgey was doing the same thing two and a half years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I think dropping LG is a good move. I hope he comes good but currently it does not look good. He reminds me of Zillman a bit who promised a lot at the start but has performed well bellow his first year with a few good games thrown in among a lot of crap.

With Brennan dropping LG it shows what Brennans thoughts are of him going forward. I would not be surprised if Brennan decides not to re-sign LG next year. I for one do not think he is worth his current $600,000 wage or not even close.
    Yep the price might not get you dropped but it certainly comes with an expectation. So probably a good point when managers are chasing ridiculous monies for their client that at the end of the day the player will have to back it up

I think waiting this long to drop LG was a good move by Brennan. It shows that he gave him every chance to find his form and that he backed him to come good week after week. This move puts the onus on LG. If he can find his form and improve his defence, the door's still open.

I don't think LG offers enough in attack to justify the idea of putting a tackling machine next to him each week to improve his sides defence. Without Taylor on the field, I expect a 5/8 to step straight up and take control. He doesn't do that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm worried about the same thing. But at least he dropped Latu when it came to it.
    My other worry is that we can't even get the basics right as far as completing a set of 6, now we are adding the unknown of Cartwright at 5/8 and his unseen offloads it could turn messy very quickly and if it does then I'm guessing it will shut Cartwrights confidence down and any use he maybe to us.
    I agree. His fifth tackle options are atrocious. It usually comes down to him crabbing across the field, putting a kick dead or throwing some ridiculous no look flick pass or some ridiculous Hail Mary to the wing. This is going to get messy.
    Last edited by Dooldog76; 25-04-18 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    How is Cartwright an unknown at 6 he went close to NSW selection whilst playing there?
    In 2016.

Playing Cartwright at 5/8 is a stop gap. I think Peachy will wear the 6 next year unless Cartwright kills it there and makes that spot his own. In that case, when Peachy arrives...I fear for Koni.

I'm not saying Cartwright doesn't have talent, we've seen it, in 2016. But 2 years later he is a shadow of his former self and isn't playing better football to unseed LG.

The form around Cartwright is a bit fuzzy. I don't think previous game circumstances have let him show his true form so lets give him benefit of doubt at this stage.
    I for one am excited to see this team changed up but do admit I'm a little nervous about the new comobos.

His form sure is fuzzy, he started at lock, didn't work, dropped to the bench, played 2 mins in his first bench game because he wasn't needed. Skip ahead to last weeks game and we fall apart when he comes on for Matthews.

Don't get me wrong, hope he finds form, we have hm for four years, but he hardly has earned a starting 5/8 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    His form sure is fuzzy, he started at lock, didn't work, dropped to the bench, played 2 mins in his first bench game because he wasn't needed. Skip ahead to last weeks game and we fall apart when he comes on for Matthews.

Don't get me wrong, hope he finds form, we have hm for four years, but he hardly has earned a starting 5/8 spot.
    Good we agree his form is fuzzy.
    !.Yep, isn't a lock.
    2. Going to the bench is not dropping these days is more tactical (like if Lg went to bench instead of left right-out).
    3.The way a game pans out is hardly his fault.
    4. Mate seriously, we were so lucky in that game there were so many penalties and dropped ball because that never gave the Cowboys the fluency required to get at our left edge (thank god it would have been a blood bath). Only circumstantial that the cows got a little bit of fluency coincidental to Cartwright's injection IMO.