Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Grand Final week for us and Coach Brennan has embraced it by going for a physically big team and wanting to have the defensive side of our game as strong as he can make it.

I’m happy for the change , though still not sold on Cartwright as a 5/8.
    Just glad Garth made the decision. Koni will need to pull his finger out not to be next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Grand Final week for us and Coach Brennan has embraced it by going for a physically big team and wanting to have the defensive side of our game as strong as he can make it.
    We have a lot of G F weeks

Inactive User

^^^ if we lose this week I won’t be declaring one next week
    Our focus will shift completely to getting out of a form slump

I don’t think Cartwright is the answer, I actually don’t think his defense is any better than elgey’s. I would understand AJ Brimson getting a run, but Cartwright is better to provide impact off the bench. He is not a five eighth and he consistently makes poor fifth tackle options. I know it’s a buzz word, but he has no game management skills at all. Poor decision in my opinion, but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong.

I think went a long way to playing themselves into form last gaame. They will be very hard to beat
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

And I agree bodsie, mini gf this week. 3 losses in a row and rot starts to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    BRENNAN: Elgey has a few things to work on
    Author Titans.com.au Timestamp Tue 24 Apr 2018, 04:04 PM

Coach Garth Brennan has stressed that local junior Kane Elgey is still in his 2018 plans but has today not named him in his starting side to face the Cronulla Sharks at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday.

Elgey, along with Tyronne Roberts-Davis have not been selected in the side, with Bryce Cartwright named in the five-eighth position whilst Brendan Elliot is set to become Titan #138, being named at centre.
    Brennan today spoke about the need for Elgey to go back to the Intrust Super Cup to work on a number of things before he can earn his NRL spot once again.

"I've had a good chat to Kane and he knows exactly what is needed," Brennan said. "He understood and will look to get some confidence back via Queensland Cup.

"It's mainly in defence but he needs to make more of an effort to run a team and he should be able to do that for Tweed."

Cartwright played in the five-eighth position in the round two loss to the Warriors but Brennan believes he has learnt a lot since then and also become a lot more comfortable as part of the Titans side.

"People seem to forget that Bryce played his best footy at five-eighth during the 2016 season at the Panthers. He has worked on his match fitness and has increased his minutes over the past couple of weeks so I believe he'll be fine."
    I wouldnt be surprised if Elgey retires from footy after current cotract. He just comes across as a chilled dude just making ends meet.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I don’t think Cartwright is the answer, I actually don’t think his defense is any better than elgey’s. I would understand AJ Brimson getting a run, but Cartwright is better to provide impact off the bench. He is not a five eighth and he consistently makes poor fifth tackle options. I know it’s a buzz word, but he has no game management skills at all. Poor decision in my opinion, but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong.
    I agree. Really. Hope he has a blinder but we really need it. If we lose this I wouldn't mind seeing AJ given a go

James is not an edge runner in my opinion. The year he scored lots of tries was as a middle forward. He runs like a plodder but can get a sneaky line break in occasionally. Now the Elgey/James myth is broken he can get about concentrating on his job.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Elgey retires from footy after current cotract. He just comes across as a chilled dude just making ends meet.
    I am thinking mid season release to Manly myself...

I originally thought it a good idea for Dark to ride shotgun for Cartwright playing at 6 but this is probably just robbing Peter.
    Anyway, I remember one of our trial matches where Cartwright went to 6 for a period and did a lot of first receiver stuff and took a fair bit of pressure off Ash. Even though things were pretty clunky at the time I thought the setup was good and looked intimidating/menacing close to the line. When Cartwright gets the early ball and can run at the line and/or bring a forward on with a good line (like he did with Wallace against cows) or swing to Ash we will be near unstoppable (well in theory anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    I am thinking mid season release to Manly myself...
    I will get absolutely crucified for this but what the heck.
    If Manly could afford it a swap for Hastings perhaps.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 24-04-18 at 09:26 PM.

Inactive User

Don’t give up on Kane yet lads. Some time running the show for Tweed Heads could be what he needs.

I mean, I'm glad Elgey is dropped....but for Cartwright?

His D is no better than Elgey's, and Brennan saying Elgey needs to be able to run a team is a bit rich considering Carty is no leader either.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-04-18 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Don’t give up on Kane yet lads. Some time running the show for Tweed Heads could be what he needs.
    To me he just hasn't looked the same since coming back from his ACL. Some players get their mojo back while others are never the same. Same goes in any sport really. I'm thinking Elgey is the latter....but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I mean, I'm glad Elgey is dropped....but for Cartwright?

His D is no better than Elgey's, and Brennan saying Elgey needs to be able to run a team is a bit rich considering Carty is no leader either.
    This is the bit I don’t get. Brennan has constantly stated that it’s Ash’s team, and Ash needs to take charge of the team etc etc.
    So if it’s Ash’s team why does Kane need to work on running it.