Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Sure did. LG to bench and Brenko in for TRD.
    Where did I hear it you say?
    Ravs' post.
    At least you didn't say LG out for Hastings.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At least you didn't say LG out for Hastings.
    Don't you mean Hurrell out for Hastings? Hastings is the next GI at centre

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Don't you mean Hurrell out for Hastings? Hastings is the next GI at centre

I thought Hastings name was banned from this forum.
    Thanks boys for giving it oxygen.

BREAKING: @GCTitans have dropped Kane Elgey. Hearing Bryce Cartwright will be named at five eighth - opposite former @PenrithPanthers team mate Matt Moylan.

From Josh Massoud on twitter. Well I didn't expect that, thought he had been better the last few weeks. But gotta trust Brennan

- - - Updated - - -

TRD also dropped in favour of Elliot who slots into centre and Sami goes back to the wing

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    BREAKING: @GCTitans have dropped Kane Elgey. Hearing Bryce Cartwright will be named at five eighth - opposite former @PenrithPanthers team mate Matt Moylan.

From Josh Massoud on twitter. Well I didn't expect that, thought he had been better the last few weeks. But gotta trust Brennan
    Obviously Brennan knows what his plan is and wasn't happy it wasn't executed last week but I don't think Cartwright showed much when he replaced Taylor a few weeks back.

It is what it is but not sure how Hurrell and Co. fit into your plan of dropping the ball failing to impact on a game either.

Anyone else hearing LG is going to be dropped and Cartwright his replacement?
    Good mail JB

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously Brennan knows what his plan is and wasn't happy it wasn't executed last week but I don't think Cartwright showed much when he replaced Taylor a few weeks back.

It is what it is but not sure how Hurrell and Co. fit into your plan of dropping the ball failing to impact on a game either.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Good mail JB

- - - Updated - - -

agree

Inactive User

Sad to see LG get dropped but I’m certain he can get his confidence back in QCup and come back later in the season and be a great 5/8.

BRENNAN: Elgey has a few things to work on
    Author Titans.com.au Timestamp Tue 24 Apr 2018, 04:04 PM

Coach Garth Brennan has stressed that local junior Kane Elgey is still in his 2018 plans but has today not named him in his starting side to face the Cronulla Sharks at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday.

Elgey, along with Tyronne Roberts-Davis have not been selected in the side, with Bryce Cartwright named in the five-eighth position whilst Brendan Elliot is set to become Titan #138, being named at centre.
    Brennan today spoke about the need for Elgey to go back to the Intrust Super Cup to work on a number of things before he can earn his NRL spot once again.

"I've had a good chat to Kane and he knows exactly what is needed," Brennan said. "He understood and will look to get some confidence back via Queensland Cup.

"It's mainly in defence but he needs to make more of an effort to run a team and he should be able to do that for Tweed."

Cartwright played in the five-eighth position in the round two loss to the Warriors but Brennan believes he has learnt a lot since then and also become a lot more comfortable as part of the Titans side.

"People seem to forget that Bryce played his best footy at five-eighth during the 2016 season at the Panthers. He has worked on his match fitness and has increased his minutes over the past couple of weeks so I believe he'll be fine."

Well I for one am happy Cartwright is named at 6.
    Where do we rate Elliot's defence? If it gets a pass I'm happy with this side for now.
    Obviously we may struggle if a back goes down. Touch wood

- - - Updated - - -

Actually if Brimson was ready would be exciting to see him replace Hipgrave.

LOL, we are at odds, might pay to read my post in the Cowboys thread. No to Hurrell, No to Cartwright and I have no idea how Latu made it into your team.
    Gee I wish Brennan named Latu on the bench I would have fallen off my chair

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Gee I wish Brennan named Latu on the bench I would have fallen off my chair
    If there is one thing we can agree upon it's that we all want the WIN.

You're spot on there mate.
    If Elliot can defend Cartwright's outside shoulder and WE CLOSE DOWN DUGAN we are in for a really good win here. (And I guess Elliot can defend or Brennan would not have introduced this combo).
    I just watched some Elliot highlights and he sure has experience on his side, shows speed and can finish. So he gets his chance here.

I know these two sides historically have close encounters but I'm tipping Titans 13+ and Cartwright man of the match.
    It's a shame the Gallen punce isn't playing because the smash-up would taste even better.