Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Good close game between 2 teams that will finish near each other at seasons end.

Once again there was little running impact from the back 3 and even less from the halfs, all the running was left up to the overworked forwards who are doing great work.

I am fine with LG being dropped, he was in cruise mode in the Q Cup today and showed he was a level above when he ran. I personally dont think this club is going to get the best out of him, he needs to move on and I know the perfect place

Taylor, LG, Carty whoever in the halves...just test the line at least once plz
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

The only thing more frustrating than watching that game is watching the press conference. Was Garth watching the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Good close game between 2 teams that will finish near each other at seasons end.

Once again there was little running impact from the back 3 and even less from the halfs, all the running was left up to the overworked forwards who are doing great work.

I am fine with LG being dropped, he was in cruise mode in the Q Cup today and showed he was a level above when he ran. I personally dont think this club is going to get the best out of him, he needs to move on and I know the perfect place

Taylor, LG, Carty whoever in the halves...just test the line at least once plz
    Couldn’t agree more re testing the line......just once would be novelty . Seems like they both either lack confidence or are scared of being hurt in a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Just switched it off. I'm at a loss. He has a pet and he takes precedence over local products apparently and he won't waver. There are only two people on the Gold Coast that think Cartwright did alright tonight and I don't have to unignore one of them on this forum to know that he'll be trying to justify his comments earlier in the week.

Teke, if you want LG I wish him all the best and get out of the club. Go somewhere you'll be appreciated. It'll be another Keary IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Couldn’t agree more re testing the line......just once would be novelty . Seems like they both either lack confidence or are scared of being hurt in a tackle.
    Not according to Brennan, Cartwright tested the line by taking a couple of hit ups (because he's a got a bigger body). Probably had something to do with everyone over running him because he plays at the pace of Nate Myles.

I really hope we aren't seeing another coach/pet relationship develop. But for me we aren't there yet.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Well after 3 consecutive losses it’s pretty safe to say that the Brennan love is fading away.

I think we’re a fickle lot that have been bashed into pessimism

Inactive User

If we lose this week then it’s 4 losses in a row. That’s when a coach starts to find out who his friends really are and when fans start to really turn feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well after 3 consecutive losses it’s pretty safe to say that the Brennan love is fading away.
    Nah I'm still hanging in there. He at least started to drop players. Just hope we don't see a Zillman Effect happening.

It's only Round 7.

Inactive User

Nah I'm still hanging in there. He at least started to drop players. Just hope we don't see a Zillman Effect happening.

It's only Round 7.
    In here with the more astute followers things will be much calmer than out there in the Facebook/Twitter/newspaper comments/bar flys world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    In here with the more astute followers things will be much calmer than out there in the Facebook/Twitter/newspaper comments/bar flys world.
    True.

It's only Round 7.
    Yeah me too, I’m not going to start throwing rocks at a bloke after half a dozen rounds. We were 15th with 2 wins after round 8 last year so for mine we are in front.

Our problem is we all want results NOW and realistically that’s not going to happen. I’m pretty sure that was the consensus once Garth was appointed and the roster changed.

I bloody well hope it does but all things being equal if we made the 8 this year I’d be happy as a pig in the proverbial.

I vowed to try not to get in the negative bandwagon too soon and I’m sticking with it and still have faith in the coach big time.

#thrunthru

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Yeah me too, I’m not going to start throwing rocks at a bloke after half a dozen rounds. We were 15th with 2 wins after round 8 last year so for mine we are in front.

Our problem is we all want results NOW and realistically that’s not going to happen. I’m pretty sure that was the consensus once Garth was appointed and the roster changed.

I bloody well hope it does but all things being equal if we made the 8 this year I’d be happy as a pig in the proverbial.

I vowed to try not to get in the negative bandwagon too soon and I’m sticking with it and still have faith in the coach big time.

#thrunthru

I think Brennan is great, still think Cartwright in the halves is a mistake but you have to give things a go for more than a week. If there’s no improvement in his game in that position then I expect Garth to drop him as he has done with latu and Elgey. Time will tell.