Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Inactive User

Proctor effort at the end was terrible
    This one hurts

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    He threw too many forward passes and flat balls. Seems like he doesn't want to take the line on.
    He just isn't a half. Do we have any other halves to choose from besides Elgey?

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Neither he or Ash look interested in taking the line on. Compare that to Moylan who makes it his game to have a go.

Boys have seriously got to have a go
    Agree, Ash too predictable. Pass to Proctor. Pass to Proctor. Put a grubber in...he never runs it and the opposition knows he won't.

That hurt.... a lot

I'm not as hurt as others, funnily enough. Because the effort was there for the full 80 unlike last week. Pretty proud with how we defended tonight tbh.

QLD Cup

Cartwright is already reminding me of zillman. Payed way too much and picked because he is the coaches pet. All he had to do was pass and we win but went for the hero play. The way our forwards and bench went tonight I don't see a place for him in the 17.

On the other hand Elliot was good. Strong defensively

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Cartwright is already reminding me of zillman. Payed way too much and picked because he is the coaches pet. All he had to do was pass and we win but went for the hero play. The way our forwards and bench went tonight I don't see a place for him in the 17.
    I'm also getting a David Taylor vibe...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    On the other hand Elliot was good. Strong defensively
    Offered nothing

yea Dave Taylor v2

Cartwright looked like he had no ideas or creativity at all. He was awful. The stupid errors and penalties cruelled us. Arrow is god. I’m getting drunk now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ and now I’ve been well and truly told.
    Today is so big, it’s so huge i can barely contain myself.
    Dools stole my thunder but yes indeed this is GF Day on the GC.
    Fire Up, get your family members fired up and get to this huge game for our season.
    I don’t want this thread to be a miserable place at 8pm tonight
    Sorry bodsie, I just saw this. Couldn’t help myself

Does anyone know how Elgey went for Tweed?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Just got home, no disrespect but I haven't read the comments.

Not a Brennan hater nor will I start to be but this loss falls firmly on his shoulders for his team selection.

Cartwright has surely proven now that he is a 2nd rower that can't tackle and a 5/8 that can't make plays. All he did for me tonight is reaffirm that he is the trouble in the team not LG. When we get a real 2nd rower defending out wide we hold the line (yes it helps when the other team just throw one out hit ups at you) however when he comes on in off the bench (previous games) as a 2nd rower we leak points (case in point the Cowboys game). What a plodder.

Not sure how the refs keep their jobs but I'm sure they under instruction to make life hard for us.

*Puts on Anti-Hurrell Brigade hat*. All I'll say is, First three touches. That is all.

Now to show you the respect and read your comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Didn't see the game but people at the ground said he killed it. Apparently Latu did as well? Someone may need to confirm that.

Looks like it looked the same on TV as it did at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Carved it up in the first half with AJ. Set up a couple of tries and scored two

“ AGREED 1000 per cent JunctionBlock , with your comment. “

I think we need to drop Hurrell and Proctor personally. Like JB said, Hurrells first three touches were just shocking. I don’t think Proctor provides anything in attack. Every time he runs the ball he just stops once someone gets him, much like Aaron Woods does. And he makes a lot of mistakes.

Well that was a bludger of a game and a shattering finish. Was willing to let Brennan give Cartwright a go at 6 but obviously we can tell that he is not a half's ****hole. Can't kick and just tips on the ball and looks like he's having a Sunday stroll. Honestly if we don't see Brimson get a shot next week in the 6 jersey that will just about do me. Give the kid a shot, at least he would be energetic and add some spark.

Arrow is an absolute god and we better hold onto him for the next decade, never gives up and works his ass off. James also good as was Hipgrave.

Elliot whislt not flashy in attack was great in defence and tightened up that left edge. Should definitely hold his spot.

Hurrell played somewhat better this week but the first run of the game he drops it. Just doesn't look threatening with the ball anymore. Shadow of what he was the last 2 years

Well another loss for the books and not the worst performance defensively but ball handling and attack wasn't good enough. Move on to next week down in Canberra where we must have a different #6. BRING IN BRIMSON!