Default Peter Beattie: ARL Commission Chair

Discussion Thread
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

He has a big test ahead of him. I think he can be successful though.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    He has a big test ahead of him. I think he can be successful though.
    I think he'll be a short term benefit due to his contacts, but like he did as Premier in Qld, he'll say yes to everyone and then leave someone else to worry how to pay for it.
    Despite the pathetic closing ceremony of the Comm Games, he was part of a team that put on a great games overall in my opinion.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think he'll be a short term benefit due to his contacts, but like he did as Premier in Qld, he'll say yes to everyone and then leave someone else to worry how to pay for it.
    Despite the pathetic closing ceremony of the Comm Games, he was part of a team that put on a great games overall in my opinion.
    Comm Games were awesome man-I went to Swimming, Walking, Road Cycling and Athletics and the atmosphere, facilities, transport and competition was brilliant.
    I was so proud of our dare I say it “beautiful little City”.
    Then bloody ch7 puts MKR ahead of televising the first 45mins of the Closing Ceremony (the ticket did clearly state it started at 730pm not 815pm) and then cleverly deflects responsibility and Out come all the haters in droves to cash in with their bile.

Damn shame about that Closing Ceremony. I didn't watch it but I would have if I could have. Very disappointing to not go out on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Damn shame about that Closing Ceremony. I didn't watch it but I would have if I could have. Very disappointing to not go out on a high.
    It is disappointing that people are talking about the closing ceremony rather than the great 10 days beforehand. I went to a few events and thought the atmosphere was great. Hopefully many people also got used to using public transport and might consider getting to CBus the same way. It's probably something the Titans should market now on the back of that and reinforce the various ways to get there, but I doubt they will.