Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

I think we are going to get a hiding today. Cowboys are due for a win and a lot of there top players are getting a roasting in the media so have something to prove. I am very worried about Sami and TRD I would be running down that side all day if i was the cowboys.
    Psmitty

Gooooooooo Teeeeeaaaaaammmmmmmm

Inactive User

^^^^ amen JB
    Grand Final Day today
    This is a true Must Win Event

Rep Player

Hoping for an ambush today like we did against the donkeys. Hopefully the axe has added some extra starch to our defence

Wow thanks for reminding me the game is today and not tomorrow.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Morgan’s in mix for role as Maroons maestro
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    QUEENSLAND selector Darren Lockyer insists Michael Morgan is not in danger of being axed by the Maroons.

Morgan’s form throughout North Queensland’s five-game losing streak has been poor, with an abdominal strain that resulted in the five-eighth missing the first fortnight almost certainly a factor in his freefall after last year’s superb finals performances.

The Maroons need to blood a new-look halves combination this year following the representative retirements of Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston.

Morgan was considered a certainty for the Queensland halves, but Cameron Munster and Ben Hunt are now in the box seat to wear the Maroons’ No.6 and No.7 jumpers for State of Origin I at the MCG.

Morgan is likely to claim the No.14 jumper in which he launched his Origin career, but Lockyer said Maroons hierarchy were yet to rule him out of starting contention.

“There is still plenty of time for Morgan to find some form,” Lockyer said. “Queensland has a history of rewarding those who haven’t let them down in the past.

‘‘I don’t see that changing moving forward. But those players in form at club level are giving themselves the best chance of being selected.”

The Cowboys need Morgan to fire against the Titans in Townsville tonight.

Cowboys lock Jason Taumalolo said the Kangaroos No.6 was lacking confidence. “He has to find a lot of confidence,” he said. “We all know what Morgo is capable of. ‘‘He showed that last year. “For him to be playing the best footy he can, it’s all about confidence. “The more he finds himself playing good footy, the more confident he will be and it will be better for not only himself but the team.”

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Eyes on the prize: Garth
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has urged halfback Ash Taylor to find consistency in his game before worrying about playing State of Origin for Queensland.

Taylor will confront Maroons legend Johnathan Thurston when the Titans face the struggling Cowboys in Townsville tonight.

Taylor has shown glimpses of brilliance this season and while he has embraced Brennan’s challenge to “own” the Titans, the talented playmaker still has some way to go before he is a consistently dominant halfback in the NRL.

“I wanted him to own the football team – that was what I challenged him to do,” Brennan said.

“The more he does it and more consistency he gets, then that’s going to get him to where he wants to be.
    “You can talk rep footy but you need to be consistent every week to do that.”

Gee I hope we bring Lee onto the wing I think he'd be an attacking weapon and probably better than TRD in defence.

Green lays down the law

COWBOYS coach Paul Green has ordered his misfiring team to “do their job” in a short and bristly pre-game press conference as they look to turn their faltering season around against Gold Coast tonight

A prickly Green was in no mood for speaking expansively with the media yesterday morning as the club looks to avoid a sixth straight defeat at 1300SMILES Stadium.

Asked what he would tell his players before the mustwin clash, Green replied: “Doing their job.”

Prompted to elaborate he said: “I think consistently across the board, individuals probably just haven’t quite done their job and it’s reflected how we’ve played as a team. At times, we’ve missed our assignments a little bit.

“We’ve changed training up. We’ve got to change something, we’ve got to snap out of what we’ve been doing.

“We’ve been starting poorly, simple errors at times are hurting us.”

Green has remained calm and composed in the public spotlight despite his team’s struggles, but it’s clear they’re running out of time to justify his faith.

He ended lengthy contract talks by announcing he has resigned until the end of 2021, but those feel-good vibes have been replaced by the enormous challenge of guiding the team out of a horrid slump.

The Cowboys will field the same 17 which lost 27-10 to the Bulldogs last week, the same team who couldn’t score a single point against the Roosters last night.

“It probably wasn’t as good a training week as we had last week, so hopefully the result will be different,” Green said.

“We didn’t train as well as we could have done on Wednesday, today was a good session though.

“We’re not far off. I know that might sound different but the last few weeks we’ve been beaten by a try but the opposition have kicked a few more penalty goals which has blown the score out a bit.

“I’ve said all along, the biggest thing we’re struggling with is if something goes against us, our confidence saps out of us.

“We’ve got to trust our game and trust each other, and work harder.”

Green rubbished suggestions the team’s fairy tale run to last year’s grand final has affected them mentally or physically.
    “No, that was last year,” he said.

“It was a good six or eight months ago, so if we’re still tired because of what we did eight months ago, we’ve got some problems there.”

The Cowboys haven’t lost six straight games since the end of the 2010 season, when they finished 15th with just five wins.

“We’ve played from behind in basically every game except the Sharks (round one win),” Green said.

“We need to fix our discipline up, our penalties are hurting us early.”

Source: Townsville Bulletin

Determined Asiata vows to restore fear factor

CONFIDENT: John Asiata at North Queensland Cowboys training this week. Picture: ALIX SWEENEY
    A TRIP to Townsville was once rated arguably the stiffest road test the NRL has to offer.

But Cowboys forward John Asiata has vowed the club will fight to restore its intimidation factor at home after losing five of their last six matches at 1300SMILES Stadium.

The venue is no longer turf on which opponents fear to tread with the Cowboys dropping two of three home games so far this year, and the last three in 2017.

They have been outscored 146-78 in their last six home games after losing just one in 2016, and the rot must stop tonight as they look to avoid a potentially fatal sixth straight defeat against the Gold Coast Titans.

“We want to turn everything around, both away and at home,” Asiata said.

“Especially here – this is where we do all our hard work, this is where in pre season we’re doing the tough yards, and we don’t want to be dominated when people come here.

“It is embarrassing but we’re ready this week to turn it around and turn our season around.

“When teams come here we want them to fear us in a way, that this is our backyard and we’re not going to let anyone dominate us.”

The Cowboys have been slow out of the blocks this year, which has put their attack under immense pressure.

The club has changed their training routine this week in an effort to find a spark.

“It’s just simple errors we’re doing which is hurting ourselves, just discipline in individual roles,” Asiata said.

“It’s the first five to 10 minutes where it’s hurting us most. We’re not disciplined enough to get in the grind and get teams in the deep end.”

Asiata is looking to add to an already memorable few days after his wife, Shailah, told him they’re expecting a boy. They welcomed firstborn daughter Eleana into the world late last season.

Cowboys hooker Jake Granville has pledged to unleash his dangerous running game after being nullified so far this year.
    “I suppose I could work on my attack a lot more,” Granville said.

“I don’t think I’ve run as much as I think I should, and I’ll continue to work at that.

“I think we’re making enough metres, it’s more me picking up my cues better and having the confidence to run as much as I usually do.”

Source: Townsville Bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Gee I hope we bring Lee onto the wing I think he'd be an attacking weapon and probably better than TRD in defence.
    Same here mate. I feel very worried about TRD on that side especially with Sami. You can bet the Cowboys are going to attack that side like crazy tonight. Just hope if that’s what they end up going with, that TRD has a blinder. Fingers crossed.

Titans:*1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Phillip Sami, 4 Konrad Hurrell, 5 Tyronne Roberts-Davis, 6 Kane Elgey, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Mitch Rein, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Will Matthews, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange:*14 Max King, 15 Bryce Cartwright, 16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Keegan Hipgrave

Reserves:*20 Brenko Lee, 21 Brendan Elliot

Morgan Boyle and Ryan Simpkins drop off the extended bench.*Phillip Sami shifts from wing to centre for Dale Copley (hamstring) with Tyronne Roberts-Davis called up on the flank. Mitch Rein starts at hooker for Nathan Peats (ribs). Ryan James (suspension) returns at prop, pushing Max King to the bench where Keegan Hipgrave also replaces Ryan Simpkins. Lock Jai Arrow has been named after overcoming back spasms that ended his round six early.

Was Simpkins injured or just dropped for Hipgrave? If the latter, then kudos to Brennan, again.

Inactive User

Gotta play our best 17 this is Grand Final Night
    Palace fully decorated and pizzas consumed
    Time to get serious

Both teams 1-17