Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Well strike me pink.
    What are we doing?

I could be proven wrong but on the team list provided they have Don on the left wing with Sami and TRD on the right with Koni.

Surely not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I could be proven wrong but on the team list provided they have Don on the left wing with Sami and TRD on the right with Koni.
    when you say team list so you mean the normal 1-17 named team? as i i think the three quarter numbers have no correlation to which side they play. They may move Don across to even out the experience, but it will have nothing to do with the team list order. unless you have seen a graphic type list with left and right sides specially shown like the pre game images

normally the team is listed as

1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Koni
    5. Sami

but we know they play Don / Koni together and Copley / Sami together.

will be interesting to see how it ends up. TRD did everything you dont want to do as a rookie last year, dropped balls, missed tackles, not chasing hard... whereas Sami has made every post a winner. Hopefully a pre season under garth has brought the magic to TRD as well.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't they play TRD on the right last year and move don to the left, I swear that's happened before, don can play both sides as he did when juggling spots with Mead and Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but didn't they play TRD on the right last year and move don to the left, I swear that's happened before, don can play both sides as he did when juggling spots with Mead and Gordon
    Possibly, and that might be a good thing to balance out the rookies otherwise they will get run at all day, especially with feldt jumping on that side, would rather don going up against him.

Personally I don't remember Don on the left

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think if we start breaking up combinations to accommodate a player then we are well and truly desperate

i dont remember Don alot on the left but i do recall him scoring a hat trick maybe against Canberra one day (or was it a double?) and i was scared each time cos he was planting it one handed and a bit casually.

but he is definitely a right winger by trade.

Maybe don has requested a transfer away from Koni's side due to workplace stress with the bad reads and dropped balls

First Grader

If TRD is left to go up against Kyle Feldt he's going to have a bad night. Felt would have to be one of the best jumpers in the comp.

I don't see anything in Sami that gets me excited. His jink reminds me a bit of kevin gordon.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I don't see anything in Sami that gets me excited. His jink reminds me a bit of kevin gordon.
    It's the little things Sami does like always getting involved and taking tough carries out of our half and there's no doubting his effort. Remember he is only young and developing still skill wise, but you can't teach the effort he shows. Will be interesting to see him at centre as Garth has said that he will likely be there long term.

As for TRD, he has shown glimpses of flashiness but also unfortunately a lot more defensive lapses and missed tackles. Never know though, maybe he has worked hard over the pre-season and will hopefully put in a solid performance. Something must have made Garth choose him over guys like Lee and Elliot so we just have to trust the selection and see how he goes.

Whilst I have enjoyed watching Sami bringing the ball back out of our half he has been very quiet the last two games. He isn't looking for the ball as often. Not sure why but I do remember seeing an article regarding him pulling up sore after the first few games of the year. Maybe he's doing a "Nene" and dropping off the pace a bit to save the body.

I read on an article from titans.com.au that Will Mathews expects it to be more difficult with a new combo outside him and the article references sami and TRD outside him, so i guess Don is staying put.

transfer request denied apparently

This feels like "smoke and mirrors" from Brennan (I hope).
    Would be a great way to get Green to focus on an overwhelming weakness but then the old switch-a-roo.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I read on an article from titans.com.au that Will Mathews expects it to be more difficult with a new combo outside him and the article references sami and TRD outside him, so i guess Don is staying put.

transfer request denied apparently
    Wasn't this always the case?

Don is often named on the other side in team lists however always plays right wing outside Koni. Has been happening on occasion with the team-lists for the past year or 2

Unless I've missed something in which case ignore this haha