Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

If I was Cowboys I would run at TRD all day. Me thinks we are gunna get smashed.

It’s a juggling act. Some were questioning Reins signing me included however now it comforting that we have a quality hooker to replace Peats for a while.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    If I was Cowboys I would run at TRD all day. Me thinks we are gunna get smashed.
    THis team is about seizing your opportunities when they present themselves. Lee and Elliot on the extended bench. TRD has every reason to perform above his capabilities.

Hope the Cowboys underestimate us like some are already.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    THis team is about seizing your opportunities when they present themselves. Lee and Elliot on the extended bench. TRD has every reason to perform above his capabilities.

Hope the Cowboys underestimate us like some are already.
    I think that was a dig at me. All good, I don’t like bagging players as they always give their all but I remember watching TRD play fullback not so long ago and he was on a different planet when it came to making a tackle. He appeared only half interested. There has been a game or two since where he has done something similar. I hope I am proved wrong this time around and he has a blinder..

Interesting that Lee not named for Burleigh while Elliot and Simpkins are for tweed, don't think Lee's injured so maybe he might squeeze in the 17

Lee can't tackle either remember

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I think that was a dig at me. All good, I don’t like bagging players as they always give their all but I remember watching TRD play fullback not so long ago and he was on a different planet when it came to making a tackle. He appeared only half interested. There has been a game or two since where he has done something similar. I hope I am proved wrong this time around and he has a blinder..
    Not a dig. Just don't think we should write the team off against a very ordinary Cowboys outfit. Every team has weak points and most teams are contending with injuries this week. I'd be more worried about a rampaging LoLo through our middle defense, but thankfully James and Arrow are back. Hope Rein has some ticker.

Need for a win to drive tough tussle

KONRAD Hurrell says the Titans can’t underestimate an under-siege Cowboys outfit, as the Gold Coast prepare to crack down on their mistakes ahead of the Queensland derby.

The Titans suffered their third loss of the season on Sunday after an error-riddled performance and a number of injuries saw them fall 35-12 to the Panthers.

They conceded 13 penalties and made 10 errors, as well as 33 missed tackles.

But as they turn their attention to their Townsville clash on Saturday, Hurrell – who made two errors and gave away one penalty – says the team have to crack down on their mistakes and defensive attitude.

“It’s a massive cause of the (loss),” he said.

“We just had a few one-onone missed tackles and that’s what kept the roll on for them... and they won too many penalties.
    “That’s what cost us the game.

“We need to regroup on that and see what were our mistakes and why we gave a lot of penalties away.”

Before the loss, the Titans were Queensland’s highestplaced team in the NRL, but they have now slipped behind the Broncos.

A win on Saturday is also important because the Titans have not beaten the Cowboys since 2014, with North Queensland winning their past five meetings.

The Cowboys, however, have had a shocking start to their season – winning just one game from the opening six rounds – but Hurrell said the Titans had to be sure not to take them for granted this weekend.
    Given their head-to-head results and the class of the North Queensland playing roster, Hurrell is expecting a fightback from the Cowboys this week.

“It’s going to be a tough one,” he said of the derby showdown.

“They need to win because they’ve been losing. After (Sunday’s) game we need to win as well.

“Both teams will be fighting hard for the two points. We know they’re a team that won’t back down even though they’ve lost a few games. They’ll go until they get a win.

“We can’t underestimate what the Cowboys will do. We have to bring our A-game.”

The Titans are also expected to find out today how long Nathan Peats (rib) and Dale Copley (hamstring) could be sidelined for, after the pair went for scans yesterday.

Jai Arrow (back) and Morgan Boyle (concussion) are expected to be fit for Saturday.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Lee can't tackle either remember
    Agree with the tackle comment there gotitans , however for me at the minute I would like to see him get a run as he has experience and against a side like the Cowboy backs I would hope that he could play well.

I remember talking to someone a while back about TRD and his comments were that TRD looks disinterested, shows no urgency and is not as fast as people think. I know the games I saw him play I tend to agree. Sami is a player that TRD should be like now but looks light years behind.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

TRD is a true enigma. There are times where he shows elements of genius and times where he’s off with the pixies. Coach Brennan must see something though and/or his QCup form must be pretty good.

The thought of Sami/TRD together just because they are relative rookies in a massive game does makes me nervous.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 18-04-18 at 09:07 AM.

Immortal

Last weekend in the Queensland Cup Brenko Lee ran for 160 metres from 17 runs, with 55 of those metres post contact. He also had a line break and seven tackle breaks. He did however missed both of the tackles he went in for.

First Grader

No idea what samis defence / defensive reads are like but I guess hes got to start somewhere. Would sami and Kiah cooper be potentially our long term centre pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    No idea what samis defence / defensive reads are like but I guess hes got to start somewhere. Would sami and Kiah cooper be potentially our long term centre pairing?
    Kiah isn't even top 30 yet and is playing on the wing in Qcup. He's got a lot to do to be in the frame for that.

Always tough with centres because there are so many potent offensive young centres but finding one that is an efficient defender at a young age is very difficult

I hope TRD and Sami have some history of forming a good combination on an edge because I thinks Green will be salivating over the left edge of TRD/Sami/LG/Mathews and throw in Cartwright to give Mathews a break and holy crap. (Kyle Feldt Hat trick!!!!)
    Maybe we should try and and turn this into a shoot out and bring lee onto that wing to give some strike?

Gee I forgot that Lee may only play on the right.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 19-04-18 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I hope TRD and Sami have some history of forming a good combination on an edge because I thinks Green will be salivating over the left edge of TRD/Sami/LG/Mathews and throw in Cartwright to give Mathews a break and holy crap. (Kyle Feldt Hat trick!!!!)
    Maybe we should try and and turn this into a shoot out and bring lee onto that wing to give some strike?

Gee I forgot that Lee may only play on the right.
    If past performances count for anything these two had one of the worst defensive records last year playing NYC. Sure hope they prove me wrong against the Cowboys.