Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Also I see Brennan today saying he should not have to fill his roster buy June.
    Well I say bloody hurry up mate you need some decent cattle urgently form what I saw tonight.

And another thing....

Brodie Croft - dropped for Riley Jacks for underperforming
    Matt Frawley - dropped for Marshall King because of his poor defence.

Yet Elgey remains in first grade at this club. It's like he's some sort of protected species. I'm not sure what the answer is - do you put an older head in there to take some pressure off Ash or you look to another rookie to give a go.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-04-18 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I understand exactly what you are saying mate but you need to understand the logistics of what you’re suggesting. It isn’t as simple as we go to QCUP and grab a player who’s playing well.

The club can’t even play a QCUP contracted player unless there’s is no one in the top 30 or development list that is available for that position. In this case we have the players mentioned earlier being Lee or Elliot.

Sami Sauiluma is a good cup player in a good Burleigh side but has been given a go in NRL before and didn’t set the world on fire.
    Hey HS are we able to dump players from the roster completely and replace them with Qcup players

Just watched the presser - holy **** is Brennan pissed lol

"we're a dumb football team at times as well" - we sure are Garth, we sure are.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-04-18 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Hey HS are we able to dump players from the roster completely and replace them with Qcup players
    Unfortunately not mate

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Just watched the presser - holy **** is Brennan pissed lol

"we're a dumb football team at times as well" - we sure are Garth, we sure are.
    Hahaha I’m going to watch it RN. I’ve been waiting for Garth to move past the diplomatic responses and fire up. Know he’s got it in him

Yes Gotit I just watch it to.
    He's pissed off and embarrassed as well I recon.
    Sure looked like he was cranky with James. Don't blame him sh1t captains knock really.

Turned it off with 15 to go...still don’t know what the final score was. Don’t care ( beer talking) watched a couple of movies to calm myself. Violent movies so that plan didn’t work. All good though. 5 weeks on the road and now back into a routine. Now we see what we are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sorry champ forgot you were captain of the anti-Elgey brigade

Understand what you’re saying mate but not sure he’s our saviour
    Can I be captain of the anti-Hurrell brigade?

My 2 cents worth is LG isn't the problem, I thought he's been playing a lot better this season. If we have defensive liabilities down our left edge tonight then we have them on our right edge every game. Coach tried to tighten up our left side by moving James out there early in the season but then our middle turned to pudding. Issues with our left edge came the second Cartwright came onto the field in place of Matthews. I would have thought he would have been used only in the event that we were behind on the scoreboard to spark some attack. Unfortunately he was out there for 20-30 minutes before I saw him come in and take a run and an offload, meanwhile he was never covering that edge defensively.

I think if there is one player we can drop at this stage and improve our team it would be Cartwright. Find your mojo and come back or don't. He's capable of great things but we're not getting that. Copley will hopefully be back next week and we'll stop worrying about our left edge for a while meanwhile Hurrell will still be a **** up on the right edge. Hurrells game last night reminded me of Uate's game last week. I was cheering when he didn't **** up. The loudest cheer came when he caught a ball from a kick off. So in summary if there is one player we can drop and not be in fear of being in a worse position it would be Hurrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Can I be captain of the anti-Hurrell brigade?

My 2 cents worth is LG isn't the problem, I thought he's been playing a lot better this season. If we have defensive liabilities down our left edge tonight then we have them on our right edge every game. Coach tried to tighten up our left side by moving James out there early in the season but then our middle turned to pudding. Issues with our left edge came the second Cartwright came onto the field in place of Matthews. I would have thought he would have been used only in the event that we were behind on the scoreboard to spark some attack. Unfortunately he was out there for 20-30 minutes before I saw him come in and take a run and an offload, meanwhile he was never covering that edge defensively.

I think if there is one player we can drop at this stage and improve our team it would be Cartwright. Find your mojo and come back or don't. He's capable of great things but we're not getting that. Copley will hopefully be back next week and we'll stop worrying about our left edge for a while meanwhile Hurrell will still be a **** up on the right edge. Hurrells game last night reminded me of Uate's game last week. I was cheering when he didn't **** up. The loudest cheer came when he caught a ball from a kick off. So in summary if there is one player we can drop and not be in fear of being in a worse position it would be Hurrell.
    Good post JB

Captaincy approved

Jb I would love for Copley to be back this week but the injury update was stating 3 weeks.
    If there was cover I'd also give Koni a spell but that's no where near the case.

What’s the matter with that dunder head? Ever since he busted Croker in game one he’s turned to putty. Get a goddamned haircut, get some goddamned attitude or get back to Warriors B’s or C’s. “The best centre in the NRL” is looking like the quote fail of the year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Everyone should watch the press conference and see how passionate a coach we have,it great we finally have a coach not sugar coating the players not frightened to let them know if his thoughts, I dare say it may be an interesting week at trading Garth was filthy in the presser he blood was boiling under his skin

First Grader

Just watched it. He is seething at the start and as james first speaks he looks away as if he's about to explode. Very angry man and rightly so. He is correct though, we are only a young side and we will take hits like this as players develope...

Does anyone know what is happening with Joe Greenwood ?
    Last season was a bit of a learning curve and I thought he did ok, I think he offers more than some others that Brennan has preferred so far.

Junior

Yeah I watched the press conference this morning and was like wow.. he is ready to pop his top...
    Too his credit he still handled the questions well.