Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    First Grader

Also towards the end Bryce Cartwright took over the team and directed it for the try to Wallace. I realise it was a bump and push over but the fact he's going into first receiver and directing the team shows how little direction we had our there. Ash Taylor is on a million a season, needs to starting earning it

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Sorry mate, I can't cop that and that is a typical Gold Coast laid back and accept it attitude when it comes to sporting teams. I don't mean that as a personal go at you but you say we didn't give up. Perhaps but for mine the effort and commitment was lacking from the start. We just can't keep accepting efforts like that and say well we didn't give up. rant over.
    Taken from someone at the game.
    A couple of weeks ago we were savouring a win. I worked in Townsville for a couple of years and went to most cows games.
    On any night, it’s a tough gig, when they find a bit of spark it’s even tougher.
    Being born on the coast I’ll take it as personal , but I dont take offence to it.
    I’d just prefer to support my team through good and bad. God knows we’ve had enough bad over the years.
    I didn’t expect them to win but I still backed them in the few tipping comps I’m in. Heart on sleeve rather than brain in gear .

Immortal

Arrow, King and Hipgrave tried hard.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I really want Tyrone Roberts back at 6.
    I don’t see how that would make any difference at the moment whatsoever?

In all honesty I'm going to point the finger at the coach tonight.
    How the hell he went into the game with that left edge is amateur/incompetent. To me the only reason he did was to give the local boys first crack over the new comers as some kind of loyalty and belief tactic. Utter bullsh1t and so bad for team moral because even we as fans know how piss poor that edge looked on paper you don't think the other team mates can see this. That absolutely destroys confidence and developments an unconscious self doubt.

Well hopefully there is no need to play that card again and we can put the best team available on the park every week for the sake of the Fans, Club and players.
    Your in the big league now Garth get the fvck with it….

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    In all honesty I'm going to point the finger at the coach tonight.
    How the hell he went into the game with that left edge is amateur/incompetent. To me the only reason he did was to give the local boys first crack over the new comers as some kind of loyalty and belief tactic. Utter bullsh1t and so bad for team moral because even we as fans know how piss poor that edge looked on paper you don't think the other team mates can see this. That absolutely destroys confidence and developments an unconscious self doubt.

Well hopefully there is no need to play that card again and we can put the best team available on the park every week for the sake of the Fans, Club and players.
    Your in the big league now Garth get the fvck with it….
    I agree with this in terms of the left edge but I’m not sure I’d be pointing it entirely at Garth when he has a basket of reserve graders to pick from...

Who would you have had as the full left edge? I can’t even think of who we could bring in, as poor as the ones out there tonight were. To me the left edge issue says more about our roster

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don’t see how that would make any difference at the moment whatsoever?
    because he can tackle.

oh and because he offered PLENTY more than Elgey ever has in the last 12 months.

because he can tackle.

oh and because he offered PLENTY more than Elgey ever has in the last 12 months.
    Sorry champ forgot you were captain of the anti-Elgey brigade

Understand what you’re saying mate but not sure he’s our saviour

HS I think there would have been plenty of different paths he could have done down for that edge instead of delivering an already proven failure. What type of decision/judgement is that anyway?
    I could be wrong but didn't Brennan sign Elliot and Lee and if they can't come into the mix instead of someone like TRD then WTF?

Sorry champ forgot you were captain of the anti-Elgey brigade
    he is part of the problem. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Champ? Anti-Elgey brigade?

Fair is fair. I've given him forever. I loved the kid. But he's garbage now. He is a deadset liability. His D is still awful, both is reads and tackling technique, and his A...well...does he offer anything else other than the odd cut-out ball? We are calling for Hurrell and TRD's heads but what about Elgey? What has he done to warrant even being in first grade still?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-04-18 at 10:29 PM.

Inactive User

Just watched the Press Conference
    Brennan looked like he might unload on the players but he pulled himself back in and went back to his two favourite post flogging mantras which are
    1-I’m satisfied that they never gave up
    2-I said all along that we’d get some results like this

Well coach you have had that happen now in 3 out of the 7 performances-the only loss where we went down respectfully was the NZ loss.
    Our detractors both of our club and community dine out on garbage dumb half hearted efforts like that.
    Next week needs to be something special.

he is part of the problem. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.
    Just pushing your buttons mate. I know he’s struggling. But I see others who are bigger part of the problem.

Each to their own

- - - Updated - - -

HS I think there would have been plenty of different paths he could have done down for that edge instead of delivering an already proven failure. What type of decision/judgement is that anyway?
    I could be wrong but didn't Brennan sign Elliot and Lee and if they can't come into the mix instead of someone like TRD then WTF?
    Yes we signed them but can you 100% tell me that their inclusion would see us better off? Brenko is a notoriously bad defender and Elliot isn’t doing much for Tweed

Just pushing your buttons mate. I know he’s struggling. But I see others who are bigger part of the problem.

Yes we signed them but can you 100% tell me that their inclusion would see us better off? Brenko is a notoriously bad defender and Elliot isn’t doing much for Tweed
    I agree with this bit. The other problem we have is we have no depth. Brenko simply cannot tackle and Elliot is bog average.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is - how do we get the best out of our current players when they damn well know we have nobody else to replace them with?

- - - Updated - - -

HS there is no Upside to TRD nor does it help the team in any way, especially Sami and LG on his inside.
    Would be better even to give some talent from QCup a run/go. Sometimes this can deliver a player that will take it to the next level and there would be no downside on tonights performance
    I seen someone on here earlier say Sami had some big runs for Burleigh today. Not sure how the kid goes exactly but just using as an example.
    To me if we don't have the talent in the squad then todays game is the exact opportunity we should be trying to unearth the talent we need not flogging a dead horse

HS there is no Upside to TRD nor does it help the team in any way, especially Sami and LG on his inside.
    Would be better even to give some talent from QCup a run/go. Sometimes this can deliver a player that will take it to the next level and there would be no downside on tonights performance
    I seen someone on here earlier say Sami had some big runs for Burleigh today. Not sure how the kid goes exactly but just using as an example.
    To me if we don't have the talent in the squad then todays game is the exact opportunity we should be trying to unearth the talent we need not flogging a dead horse
    I understand exactly what you are saying mate but you need to understand the logistics of what you’re suggesting. It isn’t as simple as we go to QCUP and grab a player who’s playing well.

The club can’t even play a QCUP contracted player unless there’s is no one in the top 30 or development list that is available for that position. In this case we have the players mentioned earlier being Lee or Elliot.

Sami Sauiluma is a good cup player in a good Burleigh side but has been given a go in NRL before and didn’t set the world on fire.