Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Oh so that is what a try looks like.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jai Arrow is terrific, a bloke doing his job well
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Yeehaa, try time. Catching them napping.

Inactive User

Junk time tries are meaningless other than a bit of pride and help for and against

Elliot and Lee should feel downright disrespected and offended for TRD and Sami being picked ahead of them

Wallace scores. Bringing some respect back to the scoreline. And we are finally waking up a little, but it's too late. Cowboys have this sealed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good to see Ryan is OK after that hitup.

What a draining performance, absolutely pathetic for 75 minutes. Don't know how this team is so inconsistent. One week we are completing sets and getting results and then 95% of weeks we just look like we can't be ****ed. Now while no player gave even half an effort tonight (except maybe Hipgrave, Arrow and Stockwell), changes have got to be made next week.

TRD is not a first grade player and he wouldn't be at any other club. Can't tackle, can't catch and offers nothing. And Hurell can join him in ressies. Don't know what has happened to him over the pre-season but he is a far cry from the man he was last year and in 2016. The only issue is that the depth in our outside backs is pretty slim. Brenko will probably help in attack but his defence has a history of being shaky and Elliot is okay but fairly average and don't know if he'd add much. However, what other choice do we have but to give them a go and see? Roll the dice I reckon.

Elgey and Ash can't be blamed tonight either. Ash admittedly had a few blunders like kicking out on the full and a few terrible crossfield bombs but not much you can do behind a forward pack who is getting dominated. Said last week that our forward pack could compete with any other in the comp. Whoops...they were non existent tonight.

Rein was fairly solid and offers a bit more in attack than Peats does, but possibly runs it too much. Way too many scoots but can't blame him as the forwards were coping a hiding and he was clearly trying to lift the side.

Well we scored a couple of late consolation tries to improve the scoreline but too little too late unfortunately. Trust us to play the Cowboys into form Oh well we shall see what happens on team list Tuesday and then next Saturday arvo vs Cronulla.

Bryce can **** off too as far as I'm concerned.

Inactive User

At least Wallace and Taylor have a smile on their faces
    I know it’s a different era yada yada
    But Geee I find it hard to cop

I’m not as gutted as some. No it wasn’t pretty, yes there were a million penalties , yes there were errors , but we didn’t give up even though we couldn’t get into the game.

Didn't see anyone thinking we were going to win this game earlier in the forum and we lost. So I guess we lived up to our own expectations. Hopefully some changes next week from a fans point of view but I doubt we'll see much difference with quality with what we have as far as replacements.

Have a nice night all. Cheers for the chat.

I really want Tyrone Roberts back at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Junk time tries are meaningless other than a bit of pride and help for and against

Elliot and Lee should feel downright disrespected and offended for TRD and Sami being picked ahead of them
    I agree re the consolation tries. They mean nothing other than make the score look better and we didn't deserve that. That was a pathetic effort from the start. I'm not calling for James head but surely we can find a captain that revs it up blokes whereas James just goes through the motions like the rest of them. There is more anger among us forumers than what is seen on the field. He doesn't come across as any leader to me. One great game every 3-4 weeks isn't good enough from your captain. I accept that it is not the game to single blokes out so I'll stick to what I said very early in the game that our 2 to 6 are the worst in the comp, but how can you punt that many.
    Following this mob is just doing my head in. One week they give you great hope and the next three or four are just hopeless.

First Grader

Extremely frustrating. Hipgrave needs to be in the 17 every week, and come on before Cartwright. Elliot or Lee to take TRDs spot. Hard to judge Sami off one game. Don't know why it took 75minutes for the team to realise they need to start working them through the ruck. Rein ran a few times throughout the game with no one backing up until ash did. Ash should have got to team deeper and looked for a grubber behind as their defence was rushing up in their 20m, he used to have a great short kicking game but for some reason he has barely used it this season. One last thing, these penalties need to stop or we will never be in any games as we will be too gassed by the time the tide changes. Garth has a big week ahead. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I’m not as gutted as some. No it wasn’t pretty, yes there were a million penalties , yes there were errors , but we didn’t give up even though we couldn’t get into the game.
    Sorry mate, I can't cop that and that is a typical Gold Coast laid back and accept it attitude when it comes to sporting teams. I don't mean that as a personal go at you but you say we didn't give up. Perhaps but for mine the effort and commitment was lacking from the start. We just can't keep accepting efforts like that and say well we didn't give up. rant over.