Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Did we? Haven’t seen what the agreed costs are yet. I suspect we still lose as there wasn’t really a viable alternative.
    At the forum they admitted it was at the high end of commercial rates though substantially better than where we were at.

Of course it’s a win

Inactive User

When the possibility of the moving of games was about the CM and it’s Drongoes Lemmings feasted on causing drama and now that it’s resolved it’s not reporting a thing
    They are scum

So seems our owners and leaders deserve a pat on the back. Good work, that was a big ticket item.

Obviously we are still being ripped off, but in a better position.

This option situation could create future leverage.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans confirm Cbus Super Stadium as home
    https://www.titans.com.au/

The TFH Gold Coast Titans are pleased to confirm an agreement has been reached with Stadiums Queensland for the club to remain at Cbus Super Stadium as its NRL Telstra Premiership home venue.

The club today confirmed a five-year agreement (inclusive of options) that will see the club play a minimum of 10 home games at Cbus Super Stadium each year through until the end of 2022.

The agreement follows a determined effort by both parties over recent weeks to resolve the matter once and for all, to provide certainty for our players, members, and commercial partners. Following recent public speculation, and a number of high-level meetings conducted with goodwill and an intent to find a resolution, both parties have compromised to get the deal done.

The Titans would like to thank Stadiums Queensland and Minister for Sport, Mick de Brenni MP, for the cooperation and resolve shown to put an end to the speculation surrounding the future of the club's tenure at Cbus Super Stadium.

CEO Graham Annesley is both pleased and relieved that an agreement has been reached.

"This has been an extremely complex and difficult matter to resolve, and even though I'm sure it's not an ideal outcome for either party, it's great to now be in a position to get on with our primary objective of improving the club both on and off the field without having to deal with constant speculation about the future of our stadium arrangements," Annesley said.

Head Coach Garth Brennan is happy the people of the Gold Coast will get to see their team in action at our traditional home venue.

"This is a win for the members and fans. Everyone involved in the negotiations on both sides should be commended for their tireless efforts in delivering the best possible outcome for the club, members and fans," Brennan said.

"We want Cbus Super Stadium to become a fortress that other clubs fear, and now that it's been confirmed as our long-term home, it's up to us to ensure it becomes just that through our performances every time we take the field," Brennan concluded.

The new agreement comes into effect immediately commencing with the Titans Round 14 game against the Rabbitohs.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I still want to know what 'inclusive of options' means. It could mean we have a deal for two years and an option in Stadiums Qld's favour for the next three which means we go through all this crap again. I hope not, but the options we have had in players contracts didn't work well. Options are worthless unless they are in our favour.
    As for the boutique stadium that will never happen and even if it did we would only use it for trials I'd hope. We need to set our sites on filling CBus like the old days.
    Like everything else, most things will be solved by having a respected winning footy team and hopefully we are slowly, very slowly, working towards that.

I just assume that there wouldn't be such a thing as an option in the favour of a venue and sounds like something the club smartly negotiated. But I agree, I'd like more detail and comment on this issue as it is noteworthy.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I still want to know what 'inclusive of options' means. It could mean we have a deal for two years and an option in Stadiums Qld's favour for the next three which means we go through all this crap again. I hope not, but the options we have had in players contracts didn't work well. Options are worthless unless they are in our favour.
    As for the boutique stadium that will never happen and even if it did we would only use it for trials I'd hope. We need to set our sites on filling CBus like the old days.
    Like everything else, most things will be solved by having a respected winning footy team and hopefully we are slowly, very slowly, working towards that.
    I can see a boutique stadium happening if we secure another A-League license.

With a reasonable agreement CBus is now our home, so lets just get behind it and worry about other things. The reports are that the agreement terms are in our favour and the details will come to light in due course.

With an A League team playing out of there too then everybody wins and that's great. Ten games means that we will be on the road for some home games too which is also good.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I can see a boutique stadium happening if we secure another A-League license.
    See where you are coming from but other than our recent problems with Stadiums Qld there is no justification to build a smaller stadium. Even an A League side must have ambitions to get more people than a small stadium would hold. At the end of the day do we really think the State Govt would sit back and let a stadium get built that would be in opposition to CBus. I fell over laughing when Tate mentioned some figure of $20 million. Manly have $40 million for Brooky and haven't spent it because it gets you nothing. Even a small decent stadium would be near $100 million so no chance.

Lots of other bid teams ahead of Gold Coast United surely.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Lots of other bid teams ahead of Gold Coast United surely.
    They have massive financial backing

Options may extend to catering - who knows

That's what they all say. So did the Bears. And the brand has a reputation for having tried and failed.

We got additional Sydney, Melbourne and even Brisbane teams trying to get in too. And Canberra as well.

I'd like to see them back. Well just as long as we don't have to endure any anti Rugby League bull**** from their fans.

I would think that The new Boutique stadium won’t cost taxpayers anything at all so it’s no issue re CBUS and a Private company to fund the build. It may also hold max 15k so it would be a perfect for most Titans games. Interesting times ahead guys b
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I would think that The new Boutique stadium won’t cost taxpayers anything at all so it’s no issue re CBUS and a Private company to fund the build. It may also hold max 15k so it would be a perfect for most Titans games. Interesting times ahead guys b
    Why would any private company want to spend $100 million for a place that will be rarely used. People are dreaming if they think this will ever get off the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

So they did when Palmer took over and we know how that ended. I personally wouldn't mind seeing them back as I used to attend a few games and would give me another option in NRL off season but it would be CBus or nowhere.