Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ I’m trying to get some State Politicians to give a rats about it via email and I’m getting nothing.
    When I have a crack at any of them about the M1 I often get a phone call soon after, but with this stadium issue they don’t seem that interested
    We need to hit em up on Social Media too.

I'll post a page with all their details.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Slowly populating it with info. Feel free to share info I can add and help.

http://www.titansupporters.com/keepthetitansingc/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

^^^ good one DH. I’ve emailed those people all a fair while ago and my local MP Jan Stuckey

I'll add some more details later. But here is a heap of phone numbers, email addresses and twitter handles. http://www.titansupporters.com/keepthetitansingc/

Awesome DH, thanks
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gold Coast Titans owners say Queensland Government is imposing its own salary cap on them
    Gold Coast Bulletin
    May 22, 2018 10:25pm
    Subscriber only
    GOLD Coast saviour Darryl Kelly has warned the Titans will miss out on the chance to sign a quality player and develop juniors if the club does not secure a $500,000 stadium discount.

The Titans have been feuding with Stadiums Queensland for more than three years over the exorbitant costs to hire the Robina venue.

The club pays $1.3 million annually – about $110,000 a game – to play at the 27,500-seat stadium.

The Bulletin yesterday revealed the Titans were considering shifting their Round 17 derby against the Broncos to Redcliffe’s Dolphin Stadium.

Kelly bought the club last year in partnership with former chair Rebecca Frizelle.

“Our aim has always been to stay at Cbus but we also aim to have a successful team on the Gold Coast and we can’t do it while we’re paying $500,000 a year more than what we should be paying,” Kelly said.

“That is robbing us of the chance to have another good footballer in our NRL squad, or money to expand our junior development programs.”

Frizelle said the Titans were dealing with a government-imposed salary cap via Stad*ium Queensland.

“Because of this deal, we are effectively playing one man down,” she said. “And that one man is an Australian representative player.

“Rather than tipping further funds into government revenue, it is our preference to invest this money in junior rugby league across the Gold Coast and northern NSW.

“We need to invest in our kids.

“The challenge we face is simple. If you rent a house and you know the landlord is charging you double what you should be paying, you leave or negotiate a different tenancy agreement.

“The Palaszczuk Government with its wholly owned Stadiums Queensland is the landlord in this case, and we are the only tenant.

“We and the NRL have tried repeatedly and shown independent research and facts to demonstrate that Stadiums Queensland is not charging market rent.

“This situation is unsustainable. The Titans are not being propped up by taxpayers’ money, the Titans are being funded by Gold Coast people and families who have worked hard to ensure Australia’s sixth largest city has its own club.”

Frizelle said the situation was a matter of principle as much as it is a cold hard balance sheet reality.

“If we are forced to leave CBus because of the crippling charges, the stadium will be an empty white elephant as nobody else can afford to play or perform there,” she said.

“We will have to weather the disappointment of our fans, members and corporates until we can reach agreement but we will at least be able to continue playing and investing in our club and our junior development – our sponsors understand this is the bottom line.”

“We hold out hope that we will be able to reach a long-term commercial agreement with Stadiums Queensland that will get us close to a level playing field with rival our NRL clubs”.

Those on Twitter can see that I have been hitting Peter Beatie up on Twitter re the deal as he was the Premier who approved the deal.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'm gonna make some graphics "What is the Queensland Government doing to solve this stadium crisis?" and then tag ten MPs in a image. And use #NRL and #qldpol hashtags.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm gonna make some graphics "What is the Queensland Government doing to solve this stadium crisis?" and then tag ten MPs in a image. And use #NRL and #qldpol hashtags.
    Unreal idea
    Could it please not only have the obvious ones like Palaszciuk, Tradd, Jones, Di Brenni but also every state MP on the GC from both sides of politics.

Unreal idea
    Could it please not only have the obvious ones like Palaszciuk, Tradd, Jones, Di Brenni but also every state MP on the GC from both sides of politics.
    Yea we can do one for the Opposition too.

You can make it really specific, like for GC MPs, we can use the Titans and Suns.

We can also put out some of the stats, like how much Queensland clubs pay compared to the NSW clubs.

With Origin time, it's the ideal time to harness those feelings.

Inactive User

Drongoes fans in social media by the way are using the Redcliffe Story to say we should fold so they can once again have a monopoly
    They are such scum

Drongoes fans in social media by the way are using the Redcliffe Story to say we should fold so they can once again have a monopoly
    They are such scum
    The dumbasses don't realise that they might get a cut in rental costs too. But they aren't a fan-base that puts Rugby League 1st.

https://www.4bc.com.au/podcast/titan...-to-redcliffe/

Listen to Graham talk about this on 4BC.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The dumbasses don't realise that they might get a cut in rental costs too. But they aren't a fan-base that puts Rugby League 1st.
    Yeah yeah my wife pointed that out to me-Drongoes fans don’t care about growing the game or the sports health, the only thing that matters to them is A-winning and B-having a monopoly, she refers to them as Non Rugby League Fans.

Their crowds have dropped too in the last few years, they were getting over 40k regularly not so long ago and now they are in the 25k-35k range. I’ve been reading online a number of pensioners and people with family saying they simply can’t afford To go anymore.
    So maybe some humility and support from The Drongoes Fans would be appropriate rather than their usual bloodthirsty hate to try and literally murder us off.

So maybe some humility and support from The Drongoes Fans would be appropriate rather than their usual bloodthirsty hate to try and literally murder us off.
    Agree, if they never conspired to murder the Gold Coast Chargers and South Queensland Crushers they'd have bigger crowds and memberships. And it'd have been more fun to be a fan. They need to stop being a monopoly in Brisbane.

I think there fanbase has taken a hit. Form based too. But the fact they keep playing on Friday nights must be hurting their fans who have to work and have families.