Default Comment on Garth Brennan

I want to tell you what I’ve liked most about Garth Brennan so far. It’s not that:
    -We have a winning record
    -We are playing an attractive and exciting brand of football
    -He stuck with our young halves pairing after a rough start to the year.
    -He actually got a win against Brisbane in Brisbane!!
    -He is allowing the forwards that are the future of our club the chance to show what they’re worth

All of those things are outstanding and I’m a very pleased fan right now.

No, the thing that has me most pleased is the fact that he came here with a plan to use Latu as a starter and Cartwright as a middle forward and when it was clear that that was not gonna cut it he changed things up to better suit the team. He could have easily dug his heels in and said ‘all they need is some time’ and a lot of people would have agreed.

But he didn’t.

He saw his original plan was not ideal and changed to something better.

It sent a message to Latu (no free rides here).

It sent a message to Cartwright (you can’t blame Griffin or off field dramas, you just need to be better).

And it sent a message to EVERY OTHER TITAN. If he’ll drop the guys he brought here he’ll drop us if we don’t perform.

I’m all in behind this years team and am excited for every week to come. Bring it on.

I love that post Karnage. You really nailed it

When are we getting a thumbs up equivalent?????????????????
    Why the hell did we have to lose it anyways?
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 10-04-18 at 08:10 PM.

Cheers mate!! Let’s hope this positivity can continue for much of the season. Nobody is unbeatable this year!!

Excellent summation K ... and he sent a message to us all that he works for the betterment of the Titans community without the clubland bs ... his belief is infectious.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I was thinking about the winning formula this year and how the supposed bottom feeders are doing well. Tigers are another example, still 4-1 but should be 5-0 after the Broncos/refs fiacso. Even before the season began Nofoluma was dropped due to attitude at training, they are winning but this week Lolohea has been dropped and Thompson to fullback, Nofo has worked hard and got his spot back. The Warriors change their line up every week. Players that I thought were doing well have been dropped entirely out of the team (granted some changes are because of injuries). Brennan has done the same and the team has reacted and responded the best possible way, winning.

Now look at the Broncos, Uncle Wayne says no one will lose their spot and they continue to lose. I see this week Dargan has made the 21 team list so maybe that's notification for Nikorima but other than that no one has to fight for their spot.

And don't get me started on the Hayne curse.

Great post Karnage! Agree 100%. Such a refreshing change after years mind-numbing mediocrity in our coaching department/s .. Really great to see LG on the way up again too – good stuff..
    "11 years & counting.."

First Grader

Some very good points mate, good post��

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I was thinking about the winning formula this year and how the supposed bottom feeders are doing well. Tigers are another example, still 4-1 but should be 5-0 after the Broncos/refs fiacso. Even before the season began Nofoluma was dropped due to attitude at training, they are winning but this week Lolohea has been dropped and Thompson to fullback, Nofo has worked hard and got his spot back. The Warriors change their line up every week. Players that I thought were doing well have been dropped entirely out of the team (granted some changes are because of injuries). Brennan has done the same and the team has reacted and responded the best possible way, winning.

Now look at the Broncos, Uncle Wayne says no one will lose their spot and they continue to lose. I see this week Dargan has made the 21 team list so maybe that's notification for Nikorima but other than that no one has to fight for their spot.

And don't get me started on the Hayne curse.
    very good post.

further to that notion of performance determining selection, a prominent AFL coach was asked a few years ago about why he dropped a player, or why he picked a certain player, and he smirked and replied that he doesn't pick the team...the players do.

loved it.