Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Video: Why Brennan loves Penrith players LINK
    Thanks for posting mate. Great insight.
    I know it’s early but Garth is really impressive so far.

Inactive User

^^^ wait till we lose 4 in a row and then let’s see how much love there is

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Penrith Panthers ace Tyrone Peachey plays for the love of footy

TYRONE Peachey just looks and laughs while shrugging his shoulder.

“What do you think is my best position?” the Panthers utility fires back.

“I’ve got no idea. I just love playing footy. You find out, you let me know.”

For now, his immediate future is in the No. 6 jersey which is another position in a long list Peachey has had during his 97-game career.
    He has dominated in the back-row, at centre and now in the halves. He is quick to remind you that he has spent time packing down in the front row.

“I have played front row,” Peachey said.

“I took a hit-up off the kick-off. There was a mix up with the middles and no one was in the front row so I put my hand up. I take it as it comes. I’ll do what the coaching staff do. As long as they don’t put me in the front row.

“I know I’m good off the bench because of my utility value and I can play a bit of everything but I enjoy playing 80 minutes.
    “I just love playing footy. I’m just enjoying it. Who knows where I could be next week? I’m at five-eighth at the moment.”

Tyrone Peachey doesn’t know his best position but is happy playing in the halves for Penrith.

While Peachey wonders where he may play next week, there is little doubt about his long-term position according to Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan.

Peachey, whose Panthers play the Titans on Sunday, has signed a three-year deal worth about $1.5 million to join the Titans in 2019. Brennan has a clear path for Peachey.

“I’m looking at him as a centre,” Brennan told The Sunday Telegraph.

“Last year, he really came of age at centre and grabbed it with both hands.

“He was really good in that position. That’s where I think is his best position. If it’s not centre then it might be a 13 role where he floats with the ball in his hands.

“You need to have him in the game. When he has the ball in his hands, people stand up and notice.

“I’ve coached and watched him the last few years. He is a super talent. He is a footballer, that’s one thing you’ll say about him.

“People ask what’s his best position. His best position is a footballer. You give him a jumper and he gives 100 per cent every time he plays. He is a special player that’s for sure.”

Brennan might be celebrating Peachey’s arrival but first he and the Titans need to stop a rampaging Penrith.

Peachey has starred in the No. 6 jersey following an injury to Nathan Cleary with James Maloney moving to halfback.
    “He is a handful there,” Brennan said.

“We have to ensure that we’re not trying to solve him by yourself. He is very fast. We have to make sure we’re defending as a unit. If you go one out, he is electric.”

Peachey needed little convincing to take up the offer to join the Titans. A host of ex-Panthers players including Bryce Cartwright, Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu have already followed Brennan to the Gold Coast.

Peachey, who grew up in Cronulla and started his career with the Sharks, was looking forward to living closer to the beach again.
    “It happened all of a sudden,” Peachey said.

Tyrone Peachey has impressed at five-eighth for the Panthers.

“Gus (Phil Gould) pulled me into his office and said ‘hey buddy, there’s an opportunity for three years on the Gold Coast on a good deal and that you can take it if you want it’. I talked to my family for a week; it was a good deal.

“I went and saw Brenno (Brennan) and they are moving in the right place. The Panthers are trying to free up some space for some young players coming through. It all seemed to work out.

“You don’t have to sell the Gold Coast. It’s a good lifestyle.

“I’m not too worried about next year yet. I want to do something special here at the Panthers.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Ever the positive one aren't you Bod's.

It wouldn’t be the losing in my case but how we were losing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^ true that
    Effort is the key

LATE MAIL: Panthers v Titans
    https://www.titans.com.au/

Coach Garth Brennan has finalised his side for the Round 6 match against the Penrith Panthers in Sydney, this afternoon.

Ryan James is out of the side due to suspension, with Will Matthews coming back into the side, returning from a knee injury.

With James out of the side, hooker Nathan peats will Captain the side.

The side is as follows:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Dale Copley

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Kane Elgey

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats ©

10. Max King

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Will Matthews

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Morgan Boyle

16. Bryce Cartwright

17. Jack Stockwell

Inactive User

That was disturbing seeing Boyle seemingly knocked out or with a neck injury in the warm up

That was disturbing seeing Boyle seemingly knocked out or with a neck injury in the warm up
    Yeah, didn't look good. Head clash with Bryce Cartwright.. surprised to hear Garth say Simpkins will come in over Hipgrave. Not liking that one

Late Mail: Titans player out after head clash in warm-up

Penrith Panthers v Gold Coast Titans, 2pm Sunday at Panthers Stadium

Panthers: Isaah Yeo shifts from back row to centre to cover Waqa Blake (ankle), with Corey Harawira-Naera starting and Kaide Ellis onto the bench. Ellis will be making his NRL debut, becoming the 576th Panther to play first grade. Sione Katoa has replaced Wayde Egan on the reserves in the final 17-man squad announcement. Nick Lui-Toso has also been omitted. Jarome Luai and Jack Hetherington were pruned from the 21-man squad on Saturday.

Titans: Prop Ryan James (suspension) is a big loss. Max King will start at prop with Will Matthews returning in the back row, while Jack Stockwell replaces Keegan Hipgrave on the bench. Hipgrave and Tyronne Roberts-Davis were cut from the squad 24 hours before kick-off, Leilani Latu and Ryan Simpkins were omitted an hour before kick-off. Nathan Peats has been named to replace James as skipper.

Gold Coast suffered a late hiccup in the warm-up when Bryce Cartwright and Morgan Boyle accidentally clashed heads during a drill. Boyle has been ruled out of the game Sunday's game, replaced on the bench by late inclusion Ryan Simpkins.

http://www.nrl.com

Inactive User

Our bench is out of balance now, only have one genuine prop

Gee 9/10 of last games for the Panthers is a great home record.

We are underway, great defensive set to start from Titans.