Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Are we blaming Koni?
    ****! He was well below par but I doubt the performance will get him sacked.
    That would be panic stations.

- - - Updated - - -

We owe Koni some respect in my eyes
    Haha come on mate werent you one of the ones calling for Elgey to be dropped after round 2?

Koni has been worse overall this season and in fact I’d say he is the near the weakest link in the team atm. I’m a huge fan but his error count and defensive deficiencies are not even close to being outweighed by the offensive work rate and strike he was bringing at stages last year

Yes HS I was harsh on LG recently but for the record I defended him like crazy the year last (still a fan but not much to cheer about today).

I agree with your comments on Koni but he’s still in credit as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Haha come on mate werent you one of the ones calling for Elgey to be dropped after round 2?

Koni has been worse overall this season and in fact I’d say he is the near the weakest link in the team atm. I’m a huge fan but his error count and defensive deficiencies are not even close to being outweighed by the offensive work rate and strike he was bringing at stages last year
    Even in Koni's offensive work he often screws up the simple things like holding the ball and playing it properly. Like you say, his plusses do not outweigh the negatives. I love having the bloke around but he isn't NRL standard.
    As for LG, I thought things had turned for him and I'm hoping they have but that tackle attempt on the 5th where he fell off and the bloke scored was one of the most pathetic tackle attempts I have seen for a while. However to point the finger at him today would be unfair. When the forwards don't go forward and leave defensive holes straight through the middle, then we have no hope.
    As I said earlier I think many things just conspired against us today and it was just one of those days. Nothing like the Dragons loss.

Stop NRL games for injuries: Titans' coach

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan is furious referees had failed to stop play in the Penrith NRL loss, with Mitch Rein being treated for a suspected neck injury.

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has fired up about player safety, believing referees are failing in their duty of care towards potentially serious injuries.

The call from the Titans' boss comes on the back of an incident involving hooker Mitch Rein in Sunday's loss to Penrith.

Brennan was furious match officials didn't take the advice of Gold Coast trainer Craig Catterick and stop play when Rein was being assessed for a suspected neck injury.

With the Panthers charging towards a crucial try just before halftime, Rein tried to rush back to help his teammates as the game continued.

Brennan was incensed that the advice of a trained professional like Catterick - an experienced nurse - could be ignored.

To rub salt into the Titans' wounds, Penrith scored a converted try while Rein was down to grab a four-point lead before the Panthers ran out eventual 35-12 winners.

Rein, cleared of any serious injury, has been named to play on Saturday night against North Queensland. But Brennan said the 27-year-old had "pins and needles down his neck" while he was being assessed.

"Craig put his hand up to to stop play, he was yelling to the referees to stop play, but play went on for another four tackles and James Tamou scores with Mitch down in the backplay," Brennan told reporters on Tuesday.

"Mitch was desperate to get back in the line because he didn't want to let his team down, so not only did it put extra pressure on Craig but Mitch as well and it's cost us a try.

"To have touch judges and referees making judgment calls over qualified people is risky business when it comes to player safety.

"I can handle referees getting decisions wrong in the heat of battle and I can live with that. I can't live with processes breaking down."

Brennan said there was no consistency in how referees stopped play, believing games were halted for far less than Rein's situation.

"You'll watch a game this weekend with players cramping in the backplay and they'll stop it," Brennan said.

Brennan said he had spoken to NRL referees boss Bernard Sutton, who conceded the wrong call was made and play should have been stopped.

https://www.sbs.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^ Coach Brennan finally starting to learn that when you Coach the Titans you never get a fair rub of the green from the Referees