Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

At some point Brennan has to answer to the bosses. He's currently sitting at 1 and 3 with his recruitments whilst trying to justify 2 out of 3 to them. At the same time the two that are subjectively "failing" are on the long contracts whilst Rein needs to be renewed this year.

Junior

Needs a big game or sent to QCUP.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Needs a big game or sent to QCUP.
    Hopefully if Peats comes back this week, he's the one to make way.

FAITH NO MORE

Star Titans recruit vows to repay the one mentor who has trusted in him

AN honest Bryce Cartwright says he can cope with external flak but is haunted by the thought he letting down Titans coach Garth Brennan.

In an honest appraisal of his lacklustre form, Gold Coast’s star NRL recruit claims he owes it to the man who brought him north from Penrith in the preseason to turn his campaign around.

After sticking with his lastminute recruit for the opening 10 rounds, Brennan’s patience finally wore thin last week, with Cartwright dropped to find form and confidence in the Intrust Super Cup.

The former Panther had attracted stinging criticism for his lacklustre efforts and while he earnt an eleventh-hour reprieve when Kevin Proctor failed to pass a fitness test, the jury is still out after he played just 18 minutes off the bench.

Cartwright has faced plenty of scrutiny in his young career.

And while he knows to ignore the noise off the field, the pain of losing the trust of the coach who threw him a career lifeline hurts the most.

“That’s probably been the worst feeling about it, I probably feel like I’ve let him down in the past 10 rounds,” Cartwright said.

“I’ve just got to keep improving and repay the faith.

“That’s probably my biggest regret is just letting him down these past two months.”

Released by the Panthers late in the off-season, Cartwright has struggled to fit into the team, playing at lock, fiveeighth and in the second-row in the opening rounds.

Mentioned as a likely NSW Origin player two years ago, Cartwright’s game has suffered recently and while genuine criticism is warranted, some have taken the chance to have pot shots at the 23-year-old.

“Sometimes it is (difficult to block out) but I just go back to worrying about the opinions of my teammates and the Titans family and my family and the people I care about,” he said.

“All the outside noise I probably don’t take too much notice of.

“In parts of my game (I feel I have let Brennan down) but I’ve still got so much more to offer.”

While Brennan said Cartwright deserved a chance to answer his critics, proving other people wrong is not what’s motivating him.

“I need to prove to myself that I belong here and get back to playing some good footy,” Cartwright said.

“It’s probably more proving myself wrong and that will prove the other people wrong after that.

“Just the way I’ve been performing, it plays in the back of your head ... and I want to prove myself wrong first.”

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Might be time to bring in a sports psychologist.

He needs some form of intervention, JB. When I read the bit yesterday about him ignoring the 'white noise' and feels he only needs to repay Brennan the favour. It come to mind someone needs to sit down with him and explain the big picture to how it comes about him getting a pay check, as it certainly isn't Brennan writing the cheques.
    Last edited by Toads; 22-05-18 at 01:19 PM.

Agree, this isn't about the coach. It's about the club, the members, the fans and the region.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER