Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hahahaha thats hilarious

It's like crypto
    D0lphoin$
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    D0lphoin$
    Pump and dump

Great score DH … can get 2023 Titans and Phin’s (and others) jerseys direct from factory at around A$50.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I used to go to Crushers games and was devastated when they were killed off.

One great thing about the Dolphins admission is...

Dick "Tosser" Turner, a Maroons and Dolphins and QRL legend poured his own money to keep the Crushers afloat. He was Chairman during the entire existence of the club. From books I read he even mortgaged his house/boat(?). The junior fields at Redcliffe are called the Dick "Tosser"Turner complex. He really was a spirit of pure Queensland passion that was a consistent force within the Maroons. He was also founder of the FOGs, former Origin Greats organisation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Turner

I always felt that what happened with the Crushers was an incredible, hurtful wrong to such a man. And seeing the Dolphins in the NRL would have delighted the man.

Maroons follow Tosser's advice to the letter https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mar...708-1h6mv.html

Speech to Parliament by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd in 2008 after passing of Dick Turner CLICK HERE

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thanks DieHard. I'm forever in awe of a man like Tosser. I was also appalled by the way the Crushers were wiped out. I enjoyed the occasional beverage at the Crushers Club (Brothers), at least a decade after they wrapped up as a force on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Thanks DieHard. I'm forever in awe of a man like Tosser. I was also appalled by the way the Crushers were wiped out. I enjoyed the occasional beverage at the Crushers Club (Brothers), at least a decade after they wrapped up as a force on the field.
    We probably crossed paths! I used to like going to Brothers/Crushers Leagues. Just a stone's throw from Valleys Juniors which is now thriving. Used to watch a few Titans away games there with Brisbane based fans.

As much as I wind up Broncos fans and the club, at the end of the day, they will also benefit from a spicy local derby. And they'll all wonder, "Why haven't we been doing this for years?!"

I'm a bit of a generation behind the real BRL supporters, but I try to pick up what I can. I'd be a totally different fan if it wasn't for Super League and I think as a teen it made me want to be a bigger fan, with a broader love of the game (Which really became necessary when I cut the Broncos lose after 02-03 and didn't really have an NRL club).

The 1994 Kangaroo Tour and 1995 World Cup really sealed my love for international footy.

So we had to listen to Cooper Cronk say that the game against the Roosters was "The oldest versus youngest club". He said it at least twice. He is wrong and no on corrected him, not even the producers.

South Sydney Rabbitohs Founded: January 17, 1908
    Sydney Roosters Founded: January 24, 1908

Now he is saying on the Matty Johns podcast.

As much as I loved him as a player, I don't think Cooper is half as clever as he thinks he is. A bit like Gould - he might be wrong but he's never in doubt.

Today's game against the Raiders at Dolphins Oval, Redcliffe. will be intense. Surely will be some thick home ground advantage and I think it will be worth a win or two a season for the Dolphins.

@DH … Cronk always right and never wrong lol.

Likely to rain but looks like a pretty even contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    @DH … Cronk always right and never wrong lol.

Likely to rain but looks like a pretty even contest.
    Yea I'm watching it now. Was thinking that I've never known the Raiders to be an easy beat.

Marshall-King just got binned so it's battle stations.

You gotta give it to them, two top eight sides from last year.

Front page and Sports page from Monday's Courier Mail.

The Dolphins announced a whopping 27,000 members yesterday.

For reference, the Broncos have about 30,000 with the last reported number in '22 being 30,221.

Norths Devils to join Dolphins NRL as affiliate club
    https://www.dolphinsnrl.com.au/news/...ffiliate-club/

The Dolphins have struck a deal for historic Brisbane club the Norths Devils to join them as an affiliate from the 2024 season in a move that will open new grassroots pathways for the female game.

An initial four-year deal has been signed for the Devils to join the Central Queensland Capras and Redcliffe Dolphins as direct feeders to the Dolphins’ NRL program.

The Devils have produced countless NRL stars over the years through their previous development pathway club arrangement with the Melbourne Storm and their current affiliate, the Broncos.

The Devils are celebrating their 90th anniversary this season. Norths has won the last two Hostplus Cup premierships as the best team in Queensland’s statewide competition.

The affiliation will provide multiple benefits to the Dolphins and the Devils including:

A direct pathway for female players to progress through the Dolphins’ wide catchment area into a future NRLW team. Female players in the Brisbane North, Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast areas will be able to feed through to the Norths Devils - who play in the elite QRL competition, the BMD premiership - via the establishment of a new Dolphins NRLW Girls Academy. The Capras already have a team in the BMD Premiership, which would also feed to a Dolphins NRLW team.

A full-time Game Development Officer will be based at Norths’ home ground of Bishop Park in Nundah. They will be charged directly with building the game at grass roots level in the North Brisbane area, which has more than 5000 registered junior players and several local schools with rugby league excellence programs.

More young male players will be provided the chance to earn their shot at the NRL, with select Norths Devils Hostplus Cup players to be placed on pre-season train-and-trial agreements with the Dolphins.

The Dolphins will provide NRL players to the Devils during the Hostplus Cup season.

The move is an extension of an association that began in 1959 when the Dolphins prepared for their inaugural season in the Brisbane Rugby League competition by playing some clubs during their bye round. Clive Churchill was captain-coach of the first Devils team to meet the Dolphins.

Since then, some of the greatest names in Devils and Dolphins history have switched between the clubs. These include Kangaroos Mark Murray and Greg Conescu. Current Dolphins’ players Kodi Nikorima, Jarrod Wallace, Tom Gilbert and Sean O’Sullivan have played Queensland Cup or junior grades with the North Devils.

Dolphins’ chief executive Terry Reader said the program would strengthen the Dolphins’ link to their catchment area in North Brisbane.

“The Devils are a traditional club that have been playing in the Brisbane Rugby League club since its foundation year in 1933 and actually voted for the Dolphins to join the BRL back in 1960,” said Reader.

“To have them join us an affiliate is going to be a great thing for our club and the game in the North Brisbane area.

“It will allow the Dolphins to help build the game through junior clubs at grassroots level, and also give local players greater connection to our elite NRL and NRLW Dolphins Academy, where we are developing the NRL and NRLW players of the future.

“We already have a number of Norths junior players in our Academy program and this is a big step for the Dolphins to provide greater links between our club and the local community.”

Norths Devils chairman Michael Crutcher welcomed the deal between the clubs with the benefits that can flow for young female and male players and for junior clubs.

“We have valued our previous long-term affiliations with the Melbourne Storm (10 years) and the Brisbane Broncos (16 years) for the benefits they have brought to all parties and now is the right time for the Devils to begin a new partnership,” Crutcher said.

“This is an important time for grassroots rugby league in Brisbane. We are delighted to begin this partnership with the Dolphins with our shared commitment to developing the strongest foundations for the game on the northside.

“We value the combined history of our clubs. We have been rivals for more than 60 years but we have always shared the belief that the rivalry has made each club stronger.

“Our fans know that we will always be rivals in the Hostplus Cup – the huge crowd at last year’s grand final between Norths and Redcliffe proved that – but this partnership is about a shared vision for rugby league on the northside of Brisbane.”

The affiliation will begin on 1 November 2023.