Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Surely you bring in two teams and create an extra game each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Surely you bring in two teams and create an extra game each week.
    Just like the odd number of 15 favoured the introduction of us, 17 will favour the introduction of Perth.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Some people saying that a 2nd Brisbane team will hurt us.
    I think a 2nd team will weaken the Drongoes and make all 3 clubs then more equal in attracting the strongest juniors.
    Subsequently we will have a better chance of keeping our own strongest juniors as the Drongoes won’t have that crazy competitive advantage and aura and adding onto that the sweetener of living in the beautiful little city as opposed to Brisbane.

I say bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Our Titans had better turn around soon before this new Brisbane side comes in.

On the choice of bids, I support the Dolphins. I used to work for the Dolphins actually.

They would need to expand their representation and include North Brisbane, Pine Rivers, Caboolture, and the Sunny Coast.

Play games at Lang Park, Sunshine Coast and Redcliffe (If it's good enough for Belmore, Dolphin Oval is too).

Diehard, what are the chances of Valleys organising some backers and making a bid? Would be amazing to see such a historic club playing the Broncos and Rabbitohs.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Diehard, what are the chances of Valleys organising some backers and making a bid? Would be amazing to see such a historic club playing the Broncos and Rabbitohs.
    This is actually sort of happening. I guess the feelers are out. There is some interest from the club.

If the Bombers bid was smart, they'd align. Otherwise I think it'll be Dolphins.

87547067_2705670412819606_776186605697236992_o.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleys
    Seems our idea has sparked some debate... What a narrative it would be. The first BRL premiers in 1909 and most crowned premiers return to represent the traditional spirit of Qld RL. A Qld NRL team that helped build the game. Qld's Rabbitohs. The ultimate comeback story.
    Here is the cheeky FB post CLICK HERE

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Sorry.... one post preceded this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleys
    A new Brisbane NRL team you say? ....Well here's a thought for the bid consortiums to consider. What better identity than a RL foundation club forged in the heart of the city in early 1900's Brisbane. If a spicy rivalry with the Broncos is what you want...read on. Thoughts? Share/Tag a friend and don't hold back
    88136389_2698119916907989_2234752474307100672_o.jpg

Click here to view on fb

That'd be amazing to see!

I have yet to meet anyone who is a fan of the Bombers name, but if that bid can bring the Diehards to the NRL I think it'd be massively popular.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    That'd be amazing to see!

I have yet to meet anyone who is a fan of the Bombers name, but if that bid can bring the Diehards to the NRL I think it'd be massively popular.
    I 100% agree with you. I've been consistently critical about it. And I enjoyed seeing this filter into the media and the comments on the Courier Mail article.

I actually have a moral objection to the name Bombers because they killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. And it's just not something I want to cheer about. The fact that it is somewhat recent history makes it very confronting.

In addition, you also have Essendon Bombers. It just makes me feel like it is a Broncos clone and I feel I am being patronised with the alliteration of it B. B.

One thing I was happy about the Titans was the lack of alliteration.

Mascot looks familiar, would John McClane be a better choice.

Bombers might have issues attracting players of certain faiths due to the world we live in, if I can say it any more delicately then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Mascot looks familiar, would John McClane be a better choice.
    That's true. Perhaps a throw back to the era before BRL club logos. The Diehards also used their famous VFC monogram.

Inactive User

I think it should be Redcliffe Dolphins
    1-I always wanted our new club to be the Dolphins so it would then justify the court action that they took.
    2-they have a home ground which has scope to in time be developed to be a stadium which could be great for that regions tourism.
    3-they have a Leagues Club to fall back on in hard times
    4-and most importantly a Redcliffe club would be able to draw upon the ever growing Sunshine Coast region for Junior Development and growing it’s fan base
    5-given Redcliffe would basically service Northside Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast then it wouldn’t really dilute and overlap on our patch (and to a lesser extent the dirty Drongoes)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think it should be Redcliffe Dolphins
    1-I always wanted our new club to be the Dolphins so it would then justify the court action that they took.
    2-they have a home ground which has scope to in time be developed to be a stadium which could be great for that regions tourism.
    3-they have a Leagues Club to fall back on in hard times
    4-and most importantly a Redcliffe club would be able to draw upon the ever growing Sunshine Coast region for Junior Development and growing it’s fan base
    5-given Redcliffe would basically service Northside Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast then it wouldn’t really dilute and overlap on our patch (and to a lesser extent the dirty Drongoes)

Excellent points.

I agree. When Redcliffe took action, I said to myself ok, well you had better go for the NRL then. the Dolphins would be a fantastic mascot and would represent North Brisbane to Sunshine Coast well.

I was a bit taken aback when the GM from Redcliffe went on about Morton being the third biggest area after Brisbane and Gold Coast. And I really thought he was pulling the wrong reins there. They need to have a legitimate presence in Brisbane. And as some one who grew up in north Brisbane, I think they can.

People may try to detract from the bid by saying Redcliffe is limited and not connected etc. Well the Brisbane Lions are moving their HQ to friggin Ipswich.

I also agree, Brisbane club is coming and one on the other side of the river would give our club more room to move and not be a direct geographic threat. If the NRL truly don't want to step on our toes, they should back a team from north of the river.

If an NRL club was based north of the river, it would be a boost for the overall NRL juniors system. It would officially expand the NRL footprint. We have seen NRL games sold out in big numbers at Sunshine Coast stadium and we have seen NRL matches played at Belmore. So 1-2 games at Dolphin Oval would be fantastic.

Also it would be meaningful to have a BRL club, founded in 1947 finally make it into the NRL.

Redcliffe’s monster $100m bid to join the NRL and surpass Broncos as code’s richest team
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Redcliffe have finalised a formal NRL bid ready for presentation, armed with staggering assets that would instantly make them the richest club in the competition - even surpassing the Broncos.

Redcliffe are primed to blow rivals out of the expansion race by tabling a $100 million mega bid that will make the Dolphins the richest club in the NRL — and twice as big as Queensland glamour club the Broncos.

The Dolphins will on Tuesday fire another shot in the battle to be Brisbane’s second team when they officially unveil a new $6.5 million grandstand which gives Redcliffe a ready-made boutique NRL stadium.

ARL Commission chief Peter V’landys is pushing to fund billion-dollar stadium upgrades to ensure the NRL thrives in renovated suburban venues and Redcliffe’s 10,000-seat Dolphin Stadium fits his vision perfectly.

Now Redcliffe are going for the jugular. After two years of planning, they have finalised a formal NRL bid ready for presentation, armed with staggering assets of more than $100 million — dwarfing the Broncos’ $53.7 million asset base.

The ARL Commission will begin due diligence on adding a 17th team to the NRL in December and the Dolphins’ latest facelift would give Redcliffe the infrastructure and financial muscle to become the new glamour club of the NRL.

The Bombers, Easts Tigers’ Firehawks and Ipswich’s western-corridor bid are gunning to be Brisbane’s second team — but the Dolphins have gathered the ammunition to blow the minds of the ARL Commission.

Souths super coach Wayne Bennett recently called for the Dolphins to be added to the NRL and Redcliffe chairman Bob Jones said money will not be an issue if they are named Brisbane’s second team in 2022 or 2023.

“We’re putting in a bid – we’re as keen as anyone,” Jones said.

“We’ve been quietly working away for years and we’ve expressed our interest to the NRL.

“The important thing for the NRL is we have the infrastructure ready to go.

“While this COVID crisis has put a strain on everyone’s finances, we’ll be able to survive it, no doubt about that.

“We have a proud history and I’m confident we can stand up financially to be part of the NRL.”

The Dolphins are currently in negotiations with Suncorp Stadium bosses. Under their expansion plan, Redcliffe will split home games between Suncorp and Dolphin Stadiums, with the odd match to be played at Sunshine Coast Stadium to expand their northern catchment.

The improved Dolphin Stadium now has more than 10,000 seats with an additional standing room of 1500 to bring the capacity to 11,500.

The Dolphins NRL bid has a diversified business than matches any _ and exceeds most _ clubs in the NRL. Redcliffe own an 11-hectare site, have a cashed-up leagues club with 40,000 members and have business interests in a shopping centre, gymnasium and leased offices that generate $30 million in turnover annually.

The wider Moreton Bay region is home to more than 450,000 residents.

“Redcliffe is the way to go – they have a ready-made club for the NRL,” former Broncos coach Bennett said in February.

“Redcliffe are a very stable financial club, they have a huge junior base, they have a powerful state league club in the Dolphins, and they have all the infrastructure.

“The northern corridor of Brisbane is just getting bigger and bigger. The fan base there would be sensational.”

It was feared the COVID crisis would kill off expansion but V’landys is pushing ahead with plans for a second Brisbane team.

“I want a second team (in Brisbane) and I will give it my full attention at the end of the year,” he said.

“We have our Queensland partners up there so the last thing we want to do is hurt the Broncos, Cowboys and the Titans.

“I haven’t seen one iota of evidence so far to back up their case that the game isn’t ready for expansion.

“In business, competition brings excellence. The Broncos are not concerned about expansion. I believe a second Brisbane team would elevate everyone in the game, not just the Broncos.”
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-09-20 at 06:41 PM.

I'm 100% behind the Dolphins. I think the Lang Park/Dolphin Stadium/Sunshine Coast mix is the way forward.

I'm also happy for US and the Dolphins that the Titans have turned a corner. We needed to rise now before a new club came in. And having the Titans being a leader and not a drag will strengthen their bid for inclusion.

Inactive User

Yeah I’m all for Redcliffe coming in if there is a new club in SE QLD.