Jai Arrow could follow Jarrod Wallace from fringe NRL player to Origin star
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

JAI Arrow could be on the fast track to a Maroons jersey if he continues to follow the path of Gold Coast teammate Jarrod Wallace.

Last year, Wallace switched from the Broncos to Titans for more opportunities and took full advantage, playing out of his skin to bang down the door for Origin selection.

Arrow’s story in the last few months has largely mirrored that, changing clubs to come down the M1 and then proving to be a standout in his first two Titans appearances including running 210m in a losing effort against the Warriors last Saturday.

“It’s exactly what I knew he was going to do,” Wallace said of his fellow ex-Bronco.

“He’s had the best pre-season he has ever had … he’s not the biggest front-rower getting around but he has been holding his own and doing what he needed to do.

“I’m proud of what he has done.”

Wallace backed Arrow to follow in his footsteps and rise to the next level.

“I know he is going to have a big year and anything can happen off the back of a big year,” he said.

“You saw me last year, I had a good year and I was just lucky enough to get picked in the Origin side.

“If he keeps doing what he is doing, there is definitely a chance there for him.”

Wallace will play his first game of the season on Sunday against St George Illawarra in Toowoomba, having missed the opening two rounds through suspension.