Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Roberts bound to keep Titans busy
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

JAMES Roberts has often been chief destroyer in Broncos-Titans derbies since moving up the M1 for the 2016 season and an ex-Gold Coast teammate says there’s just one way to stop him.

During his two years on the Gold Coast, Roberts (pictured) often teamed up with Anthony Don on the right flank.

Don, who has urged players to repay fans after a horror 54-8 Round 3 loss to the Dragons, said “Jimmy the Jet” warranted the entire team’s attention.

“He has the skill and is lightning fast, so it’s not one man’s responsibility (to defend him), we have to do it as a whole team,” Don said.

“He can either skin people on the outside or he can bounce back to the middle, like he did against the Cowboys, and go straight through the middle.”

Roberts, understandably, has been a name commonly mentioned at training this week, with extra video sessions on the centre also arranged.

Don predicted Roberts would let his former teammates know if the Broncos again win the derby clash.

“He loves having a joke and a laugh,” Don said.

The Round 4 match will start at 6.30pm on Easter Sunday.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anthony Milford vows to “back myself” to break the longest title drought in Broncos history
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

ANTHONY Milford says he won’t be pressured into changing his instinctive style, and has vowed to “back myself” to break the longest premiership drought in Broncos history.

On the eve of Sunday’s Easter derby against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium, Milford warned NRL rivals he will continue to attack at all costs — even if he runs the risk of getting “smashed”.

The jury remains out on whether the Milford-Kodi Nikorima scrumbase alliance has premiership-winning quality after the Broncos bumbled through last week’s 9-7 extra-time defeat of the Tigers.

As the highest-paid player in Brisbane’s 30-year history, Milford accepts his $1 million salary means he must deliver more consistently than Nikorima, who is still learning the halfback craft.

Milford’s critics believe he must improve his game-management to become the playmaker who can deliver Brisbane’s first title since 2006, but the Queensland Origin ace is determined to play his way.

“Playing the way I do play has got me to the position I am,” Milford said.

“I’m going to continue to back myself in certain areas of my game.

“The best way I know how to get into a game is to run the ball and get smashed.

“An early touch in the game for me is probably best. I know for me to get into the game, I need to get an early touch.”

That assessment represents a warning signal for the Titans, who are acutely aware of Milford’s attacking brilliance.

In six games against the Titans, he has scored five times — including his two-try demolition at Robina in his maiden year at the Broncos in 2015.

Milford plays his 122nd NRL game on Sunday night, and the 23-year-old says while running the ball is his forte, he has worked hard to add another dimension to his game.

“What has picked up in my game is probably my kicking,” he said. “I’ve taken a lot more responsibility with that and trying to finish our sets in a good position to start our defence.

“It wasn’t an ideal way to start our season against the Dragons but we made up for it against the Cowboys and to get the two points at Campbelltown (against the Tigers) was a big effort.

“The Titans will be doing everything they can to play well at Suncorp Stadium. We will be ready to go.”

Milford will oppose Titans five-eighth Kane Elgey, who returns to his Suncorp Stadium House of Pain.

It has been almost one year to the day since Elgey had his clearing kick charged down by Matt Gillett in the final minute for the Broncos to snatch a 24-22 victory.

“Kane needs to lift his game,” Titans coach Garth Brennan said. “Kane was below his best last week and I need more from him.

“I’ve backed him. I’ve said the No. 6 jumper is yours, so he needs to hang on to it and step up and embrace the challenge of the Broncos.”

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Broncs by 14, all in penalty goals

Hey looks like Turbo will be out for the match next week.
    Lets hope the good news keeps on a comin.

Inactive User

Grand Final day today. 1-3 and we start planning for next year. Want to see exceptional pride and resistance today.

I really hope we see flashbacks of 2015 Kane tonight

NRL LATE MAIL: Broncos v Titans
    Author Titans.com.au Timestamp Sun 1 Apr 2018, 05:27 PM

Coach Garth Brennan has finalised his 17-man side for tonight’s clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Will Matthews returns to the side starting in the back row whilst Max King will take his place on the interchange bench.

Brennan has also opted to go with Morgan Boyle on the bench, leaving Leilani Latu out of the side.

The side is as follows:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Dale Copley

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Kane Elgey

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats

10. Ryan James

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Will Matthews

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Max King

16. Bryce Cartwright

18. Morgan Boyle

*** Gee that's a young bench but who cares up the TITS

Inactive User

I’ll be BOOing Lodge/Roberts relentlessly tonight and I hope anyone that’s here and reads this joins me in it.
    Other than that I have an awful nauseating sense of Impending Doom and dealing with these horrific self-entitled ugly people sitting around me.

I mean seriously are you only allowed to live in Brisbane if you’ve been hit with the ugly stick??

See you all at fulltime Brothers and Sisters of the Beautiful City.

People on reddit saying Brimson is debuting? Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    People on reddit saying Brimson is debuting? Any truth to this?
    None. Team list above. Latu dropped out off the bench for Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    None. Team list above. Latu dropped out off the bench for Boyle.
    idiots.

OK here we go... I can't tell you how important these games are to me and how painful they are to lose. But today, let's win.

Gee we look good in those jerseys. Proper collar too.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    idiots.
    I'm applauding Brennan for wielding the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm applauding Brennan for wielding the axe.
    huh?