Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    News corp headline will probably try and play it down as an April Fools joke.
    Wish we had the thumbs back. That's gold.

And for those little insecure Broncos supporters that will have a look at this forum to see what the winners aresaying, a few home truths.
    1) You beat the Cowboys because a goal post saved you.
    2) you got a ridiculous call last week to get a penalty and beat the Tiges. The ref got dropped that's how bad it was.

So the Broncs should be on a fat zero. That would be a better reflection on how they are travelling.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 01-04-18 at 07:53 PM.

First Grader

Sorry I ever doubted. Thought I was the only bloke in crescent head country club screaming for the titans but lucky a few of the newy lads come around. Best birthday I've had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Oh my god
    Walking to the car
    Drongoes fans sucking on big eggs
    This is a dream
    The greatest dream
    Make the most of tonight Brothers and Sisters of the beautiful city
    U have to be at least 2 out of 4 to be in the hunt or its over
    We are 2/4
    What a night
    Over and Out
    Good on ya Bodsy

What makes it even more sweeter is the 4-11 penalty count against.
    The refs tried bloody hard to get us beat but we were to BLOODY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

5 things we learned from Gold Coast’s 26-14 win over Brisbane

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    10 minutes ago
    Subscriber only

A MARQUEE MAN goes missing, some former Broncos stand up and a nice headache for Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan — it’s all here in five things we learned from Broncos-Titans.

1) THE Broncos underestimated the Titans.

Brisbane was out-enthused by the Gold Coast, who were coming off a 54-8 hiding by the Dragons last week.

The Broncos were never in the contest, made poor errors and lacked defensive starch in their first loss against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

2) BRISBANE’S $3 million recruit Jack Bird went missing in his first home game at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird didn’t make a run until the 33rd minute.

The ball may not have gone his way much but he needs to go looking for it and do some hard yards.

3) RISING Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako came crashing back to earth.

Isaako has been a star of Brisbane’s start to the season but was caught out in defence, sent a kick-off out on the full and made two errors in a tough night.

4) EX-BRONCOS forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace stepped up in a big way to help deliver the Titans victory last night.

Arrow was outstanding, particularly in defence, while Wallace improved on last week’s performance and returned to his metre-eating ways.

Arrow made 35 tackles and missed none while Wallace ran for 107m. What a statement.

5) WHERE does Bryce Cartwright fit into the picture for the Titans?

The Gold Coast recruit played just one minute in the win, coming off the bench when Kevin Proctor was sent for a HIA right before halftime.

He did not return after the break and after the performance of the other Titans forwards it’s hard to see how Garth Brennan will use him moving forward.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...91503_93489270

Live stream the presser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    5 things we learned from Gold Coast’s 26-14 win over Brisbane

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    10 minutes ago
    Subscriber only

A MARQUEE MAN goes missing, some former Broncos stand up and a nice headache for Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan — it’s all here in five things we learned from Broncos-Titans.

1) THE Broncos underestimated the Titans.

Brisbane was out-enthused by the Gold Coast, who were coming off a 54-8 hiding by the Dragons last week.

The Broncos were never in the contest, made poor errors and lacked defensive starch in their first loss against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

2) BRISBANE’S $3 million recruit Jack Bird went missing in his first home game at Suncorp Stadium.

Bird didn’t make a run until the 33rd minute.

The ball may not have gone his way much but he needs to go looking for it and do some hard yards.

3) RISING Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako came crashing back to earth.

Isaako has been a star of Brisbane’s start to the season but was caught out in defence, sent a kick-off out on the full and made two errors in a tough night.

4) EX-BRONCOS forwards Jai Arrow and Jarrod Wallace stepped up in a big way to help deliver the Titans victory last night.

Arrow was outstanding, particularly in defence, while Wallace improved on last week’s performance and returned to his metre-eating ways.

Arrow made 35 tackles and missed none while Wallace ran for 107m. What a statement.

5) WHERE does Bryce Cartwright fit into the picture for the Titans?

The Gold Coast recruit played just one minute in the win, coming off the bench when Kevin Proctor was sent for a HIA right before halftime.

He did not return after the break and after the performance of the other Titans forwards it’s hard to see how Garth Brennan will use him moving forward.
    All I see is 4 points that start with the word Broncos...

- - - Updated - - -

5 things we learnt

1) Titans came out to play and the broncos don't have what it takes this year even with an 11-4 lopsided penalty count.

2) Titans LG silenced some of the haters with a great game

3) Rising TITANS star Phillip Sami tore the Broncos apart.

4) TITANS players Jai Arrow and Wallace stepped up in a big way!

5) Titans coach Gareth Brennan has some selection headaches with everyone standing up and vying for their position.

Agree with the posts on here. Awesome feeling. So glad to beat those entitled turds. McGuire, Thaiday, Roberts, Bird and save special mention for Corey Parker and his awful commentary.

So happy for some players on here who in my opinion are unfairly singled out. Copley and Elgey were great defensively tonight and Kane looked to have some confidence back in attack.

Arrow is quickly becoming my favourite Titan and Max King has been awesome this year too. Both great motors and both technically excellent in defence.

Finally, really happy to have a coach who is not afraid to make tough calls and seems to be able to read the flow of the game. Good call dropping Latu. I watched Cartwright closely when he came on (albeit for a couple of minutes) and he fell off a couple of tackles with flimsy arm grabs and wasn't putting his body on the line. With 20 to go it was about defending our lead so agree with not giving him a run. Then for Nikorima's try he beat an obviously gassed Morgan Boyle on the inside and immediately Boyle is taken off for James. I don't think Garth will tolerate Hurrell's defensive lapses for too long either. Almost cost us another try by shooting up out of the line.

The Chitans are having a very good day as it seems are the rest of you. I'll comment tomorrow after the beers subside but I will leave you with this message:

Some of you need to go back and read your comments after last week's game ... we are 2 from 4 in a very much rebuilding year. Our coach, owners and players need your support and understanding not knee-jerk freaking out. I have selected a 13-16 finish but will treasure wins like this.

Oh by the way .... Yeehah, take that right up your djin Bennett you fugging twat!!!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think officially CartWright played for 1 minute. As Brennan just said in the Press conference, he's young, he's 23 and the staff will work with him and get him to what they feel he is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think officially CartWright played for 1 minute. As Brennan just said in the Press conference, he's young, he's 23 and the staff will work with him and get him to what they feel he is capable of.
    Agree with this and wasn't having a shot at Cartwright, but more so stating Brennan did what was needed. I am really happy we have Cartwright as his ability with the ball is something we have been missing in the backrow for a long time. Just needs to improve his defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Agree with this and wasn't having a shot at Cartwright, but more so stating Brennan did what was needed. I am really happy we have Cartwright as his ability with the ball is something we have been missing in the backrow for a long time. Just needs to improve his defence.
    We're on the same page. I think I could have worded my reply better, wasn't meant to come off as an attack or a "as a matter of fact". Sorry. Brennan pretty much eluded to the reason he didn't come back on was due to the defensive effort was required and didn't want to upset it. Speaks volumes.

Titanic, had a look at my comments from last week, I'm happy. Singled out Latu, LG, Hurrell and Cartwright. Brennan took care of two of them, LG stepped up and I'm still harping on about Koni this week.

Onwards and upwards to a depleted Manly next week.

Hey Titanic I think the reactions (knee-jerk) from last week were well and truly warranted and are vital to show our support (good or bad) towards improving the club which I would like to think has a resounding influence on the next performance.
    Yep! I hear ya, we are all accountable.

Yeehah, take that supercilious Broncos scum! They even got the rub of the green from the refs. I was pleased to see Will Matthews wind back the clock and dominate his edge. He was poor the last couple of weeks and looked to be a little injured but he was great tonight and along with Sami, Arrow and James was among our best players. Hurrell was poor. It was good to see a game plan from the Titans actually being executed and they wore poor Jimmy out by running at his side all night. Anyway, enjoy the win boys, we've lost to two of the form teams of the comp, there's no shame in that (despite the size of the Dragons loss). The team is shaping up to be at least competitive.
    Last edited by Supergoose; 02-04-18 at 07:52 AM.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Something about Brennan's presser tonight. He looks so excited when he's talking about the positives, it's hard to explain. Passion I guess, something I never saw from Carty or Henry.

[QUOTE=Titanic;379500]The Chitans are having a very good day as it seems are the rest of you. I'll comment tomorrow after the beers subside but I will leave you with this message:

Some of you need to go back and read your comments after last week's game ... we are 2 from 4 in a very much rebuilding year. Our coach, owners and players need your support and understanding not knee-jerk freaking out. I have selected a 13-16 finish but will treasure wins like this.

Oh by the way .... Yeehah, take that right up your djin Bennett you fugging twat!!!!![/QUOTEt

Totally agree titanic yewww

I think that we have just sorted our starting forward pack bar injury. Back three of Matthews , Proctor and Arrow did a fantastic job for us. Looked like we had a plan to target Roberts all night and worked well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady