Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Gotta give credit to copely for his defensive effort on Roberts, up in his face the whole night

I hate to single players out but after watching the highlights I couldn't be more disappointed with Peat's defensive reads. He was responsible for both Broncos tries - first one was the ever so obvious Mccullough dummy which he does at least once every game, then Nikorima's dummy in the 2nd half. Wake up Peatsy.

The Broncos forum is magical atm
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Might pop over for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD
    Gotta give credit to copely for his defensive effort on Roberts, up in his face the whole night
    Outstanding.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Just brightened my already great morning by doing just that. I’ve always said Broncos supporters are terrible losers and even worse winners.

Ahhhhh this day just feels so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Absolutely first class. Jimmy the jerk had nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I hate to single players out but after watching the highlights I couldn't be more disappointed with Peat's defensive reads. He was responsible for both Broncos tries - first one was the ever so obvious Mccullough dummy which he does at least once every game, then Nikorima's dummy in the 2nd half. Wake up Peatsy.
    Peats did top our tackle count at 40

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Just brightened my already great morning by doing just that. I’ve always said Broncos supporters are terrible losers and even worse winners.

Ahhhhh this day just feels so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely first class. Jimmy the jerk had nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Peats did top our tackle count at 40
    Yep not denying that...still doesn't change the fact he fell for 2 really obvious dummies which led directly to 2 tries. Just can't afford to be doing that.

I watched this game in the kempsey RSL, and the people watching the game we’re all titans fans(all five of us), except my father in law. He supports the broncos. Thank you Garth Brennan. That’s all I will say.

Wasn't it Michael Gordon who fell for the dummy for the dummy-half dive over try? I thought Peats was way better last night. Also, Gordon over ran the second try as well and it was the one time that Morgan Boyle didn't come across in cover. He was spent by that time. Not a Peats die-hard our anything, just don't want him being fingered incorrectly. Not that you can be blamed those yellow numbers were horrendous to see on the tele.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Agree Goose. Gordon had the bad read, Peats was tackling as first marker on the line and was never going to stop him without help but the second one Peats was obviously gassed. Rein should have been on by then, imho. Peats played better yesterday and probably saved himself from the axe.

i just took a big shot at Badel in the CM comments ... lololol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Now that is how you respond to last weeks debacle! Everyone put in this game and our edges and middle who have leaked points all season were finally rock solid. After many of us were left wondering how Garth would respond after last week I couldnt of been happier for players to be put on notice and will have to earn their place. How sweet it was to beat the donkeys even with some shocking calls against us. In the past we would of capitulated and let them back in but we held strong tonight. Hopefully come round 26 we look back at this game as the resurrection of elgey!

I thought the Niko try was because our A and B markers didn't slide. Fitness might be something Boyle needs to work on considering the minutes James and Wallace play in the middle. If we let in a couple of tries after the repeat sets the refs gave them I'm not complaining.

Inactive User

Regarding Peats-I think his service from dummy half has been below par this year too. He’s been late getting there and throwing some pretty loopy clunky balls.

Yep, the boys put in a herculean effort thats for sure and one of our best wins ever in my eyes.
    A lot of people saying Broncos played sub-par but I’m more inclined to think we had them on tilt from the get-go with our controlled aggression and enthusiasm.
    All of the forwards were outstanding but I just what to make special mention of the leadership of James whom was in everything and sorry to say old mate you’re in the middle to stay.
    My only concern is (apart from Konni’s ball spilling) I’d like to see more mongrel and standing up for ourselves when we’re being subjected to underhanded cheap shots (like last night).

Of course in Courier Mail Land it's all about the Broncos and not the Titans.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Decade of derby dominance for home side shattered in a day
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

WAYNE Bennett’s bumbling Broncos copped a reality check last night as the Gold Coast Titans took a hammer to Brisbane’s NRL premiership dreams in a 26-14 boilover.

The Broncos were woeful on a rare Sunday appearance at Suncorp Stadium, surrendering their decade of dominance over the Titans with a limp performance in front of 30,742 stunned fans.

It was Brisbane’s first home loss to the Titans since 2007.

The Gold Coast were coming off the second biggest defeat in the club’s history (54-8 to the Dragons) but snapped a seven-match losing streak against “big brother” Brisbane. The Broncos are outside the top-eight after four rounds and have been far from convincing in search of the club’s first premiership since 2006.

Bennett said the Broncos were behind the eight-ball after the Titans bolted out to a 10-0 lead inside 10 minutes.

“They (Titans) turned up with a pretty good attitude,” he said. “I don’t think anyone in the Broncos didn’t know the Titans we saw last weekend weren’t going to put that performance in again.

“You’re totally exposed if you haven’t got control of the ball. Our worst performances have been with our worst ball control.

“It’s a collective problem.

‘‘We were down 10-0 after five minutes. ‘‘It takes away everything you want to do in the game.’’ Halves Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima were ineffective, registering 12 runs between them, while captain Darius Boyd had little impact from fullback with only 42m. It was crucial errors made by the likes of Korbin Sims, Joe Ofahengaue, Sam Thaiday and Jamayne Isaako which hurt Brisbane the most. “It’s just disappointing because it’s not us,” Boyd said. “We spoke about turning up and we didn’t. ‘‘When you’re not holding the ball … you’re trying to play catch-up.” Brisbane were flat and looking like they had overdosed on Easter chocolate until hooker Andrew McCullough caught the Titans napping to get the Broncos on the board.

Titans winger Phillip Sami scored untouched for a 16-8 lead at the break and he rounded out his hat-trick in the second half, Brisbane’s only joy coming when Nikorima slipped through a gap in the 65th minute.

The Broncos have had a relatively soft draw to start the season yet have a 2-2 record and are stuck in 10th spot.

Wins against the Cowboys and Tigers have been far from convincing and defeats to the Dragons and now Titans have highlighted serious problems in Bennett’s team.